D&D with a twist

Deekin

Adventurer
I just discovered this thread. Interesting work.

I'm tired of magic. What if you used the psionics classes in place of magic? Between the Expanded Psionics Handbook (included in the SRD) and Complete Psionic you've got, I think, seven psionic classes. Add the non-magical classes from the PHB back in (barbarian, fighter, rogue; and maybe the monk could pass muster) and you've got as robust as selection as the PHB offers anyway. While you're at it, you could yank all the standard D&D pallette of races (except human) from the selectable pool as well, and just use the psionic races. There's seven of them in the Expanded Psionics Handbook and Eberron introduces the kalashtar (and possibly the Inspired as well) making a nice selection. In fact, Eberron would be great to raid for source material, especially once the Sarlona book comes out (can't find a release date; maybe that book is just a rumor?)

We now know the SoS is coming out next month. If you are replacing magic with psionics, I would recommend picking up Untapped Potential, by Dreamscarred Press. One of the New Core classes in it is the Society Mind, which can function as a better healer/buffer than a Cleric .

Remove ads