• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D.O.A. trailer - it's good

trancejeremy

Adventurer
It came out in Australia last year. But it hasn't been released in the US. I think it hits theaters this Friday.

I've liked a lot of the director's previous work. But this, I think any movie with such a huge cast would be hard to make a decent movie around.

D.Shaffer

First Post
The fact they included a beach volleyball sequence amuses me greatly. T&A plus a game reference? Win! I cant help but feel this is a rental, though. :)

TheLe

First Post
Actually there is an earlier trailer that is actually pretty horrible:
http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=290&item=0

It's interesting to see how a trailer can make or break a movie.

Regardless, the trailer I posted in the first link has piqued my interest. It has a very Mortal Kombat feel to it, but the plot seems awfully weak (almost as weak as Jaimee Preseley's acting).

`Le

Pyrex

First Post
TheLe said:
It has a very Mortal Kombat feel to it, but the plot seems awfully weak (almost as weak as Jaimee Preseley's acting).

Obviously. Name one movie based on a video game that *doesn't* have a weak plot.

(Resident Evil is as close as I can get, but as fun as it was it's still kinda weak in the plot department)

SteelDraco

First Post
Pyrex said:
Obviously. Name one movie based on a video game that *doesn't* have a weak plot.

(Resident Evil is as close as I can get, but as fun as it was it's still kinda weak in the plot department)
I thought they did an impressive job with the Silent Hill movie. Good tension, effects, and plot - all in all, it was an excellent horror movie.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads