• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D.O.A. trailer - it's good

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Yeah, I thought Silent Hill was pretty good.

But the DOA games, I don't think they have any real plot (indeed, since they are fighting or volleyball games, it's hard to have one). Their most notable aspect is that they have physics for the female character's breasts.

TheLe

First Post
other movies

Don't forget:

Resident Evil - not great but passable

Mortal Kombat - about the same as Resident Evil

Tomb Raider - a little better than Resident Evil, thanks to a great first half

Final Fantasy - awesome Scifi. Hard to beat this one. Too bad it is not live action to fit into this discussion.

Wing Commander - okey, the movie was pretty bad, but it is certainly one of my guilty pleasures. I admit it, I like Freddie Prince Jr.

~Le, man of no shame...

Darth Shoju

First Post
Pyrex said:
Obviously. Name one movie based on a video game that *doesn't* have a weak plot.

(Resident Evil is as close as I can get, but as fun as it was it's still kinda weak in the plot department)

That depends if we can list animated movies. Street Fighter: The Animated Movie is decent (although, I guess the plot can't exactly be called fabulous). Also, Final Fantasy: Advent Children was pretty good.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
PG-13 rating, no nudity, just action. :(

LOL I think The Goddess Alba has already said she won't be doing nudity in any of her flicks anytime soon. Even so, I suspect FF is the wrong place to be looking for it anyway.

But she's probably nude under all that fire in that one scene. Does that help you out?

;)

frankthedm

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Which FF movie are you speaking of?
Since he was calling it sci-fi, i'd bet the Final Fantasy:The spirits within. The movie lost a lot of money.

Though I know those who called it The cthulhu within since they felt the soul snacking alien specters did not come close to the feel of any of the FF franchise.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads