• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D2: Lost Manor (nimisgod judging)

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard quickly realizes this has become a battle of wits, fortunately he knows he's not well armed in such conflicts. 'Know what you don't know' was one of the few lessons his father taught him in their brief time together.
Frustrated at once again not being able to draw steel to resolve a conflict, Richard digs a biscuit out of his pack and washes it down with his waterskin. His mouth kept busy, he watches and listens intently to the exchange before him.

[sblock=May RP]Lucien, ao'Thuir[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
doghead said:
Ignatious gives Rinya a distracted smile. "I don't recognise it. Why don't you keep it? I'm sure Grandmama would be pleased for you to have it."

Lookng a bit flustered, Rinya looks around a bit before accepting the pin.

"Why, thank you, Ignatious...I don't know what to say..."

And with that she grabs Ignatious in a big hug.

[sblock=doghead]While in the hug, she whispers to Ignatious, "Don't let him take the gear. That cleric is up to no good." While, ideally, she doesn't want anyone else to hear, a good enough listen check could pick it up. I just don't know what the DC would be for such a roll. Also, if you feel a bluff check is in order, that would be Bluff -1.[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
--- THE THIRD FLOOR ---

Ignatious looks a little startled as Rinya sweepss him up in a hug. Heather too, somewhat.

"Um, er. Well, your welcome," mutters Ignatious, somewhat flustered. "Um yes. The gear ... sorry what was that about the gear?"

Heather, however, is much faster on the uptake. After a sharp look in Rinya's direction she turns to the Cleric of Hyrag.

"Master Cleric," she says to the cleric of Hyrag. "I thank you for your concern, and gratefully accept your offer to remove the bones and see they are laid to rest in a deserving manner. I am sure we can put a little something towards the cost of that.

""Young lady - I apologise I don't recall your name - if you would like to help me help the cleric of Hyrag to collect the bones. Ignatious, if you could find a sack to put them in, and see that the kettle is put on. We can't send the good Corporal nad his squad away without something warm to drink. Perhaps you could take them all down to the kitchen. And don't forget to send up the sack.

"Well, off you go."

Heather sweeps off towards the back room with the Cleric of Hyrag and Rinya in tow. Heather gives Rinya a knowing wink behind the cleric's back.

Ignatious, finally gathers his wits enough to usher people in the direction of the stairs.

"All the way down to the kitchen."

- OOC -
OK, a little slack time. In the next few minutes there will be plenty of opportunity to talk to various people one-on-one if you wish.

Salix

First Post
Gardner watches all of the interactions. Picking up on Rinya's whisper he thinks, I like her style, it doesn't hurt that she risked her neck for me with the skeleton's
May XP
[sblock]
1 ao'thuir 2.Lucien
Honorable mention : Rinya and Gardner, I've never seen such great roleplaying. Not everyone could play an unconscious character with such aplomb for a month :p
[/sblock]
OOC: will be able to post a little through WED

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien starts to follow Heather, Rinya & the cleric into the back. He wants a closer look at the gear the skeletons were using, and his desire to help the cleric properly disponse of the remains is apparently genuine.

Heckler

First Post
Rinya's face is a mixture of confusion and relief, but she'll follow Heather's lead. She'll take care to make sure the gear is separated from the bones, handing bones to the cleric and placing gear behind her out of the cleric's reach. She'll also suggest people stay to the end of the room away from the chest.

"Yes Ma'am. My name is Rinya Starflower, and I come from a tribe that dwells far to the north of here. I appear to have missed quite a bit while I was indisposed. I don't believe I know your name either, though I am assuming your are Ignatious' wife."

ooc: Salix, I concur. Two stellar performances grievously overlooked by the academy. I smell a fix. :lol:

doghead

thotd
--- THE THIRD FLOOR ---

Lucian follows Rinya, Heather and the Cleric of Hyrag through to the back room. No one comments on his presence. The cleric has a slightly sour look on his face, but says nothing. The bones are separated from the gear, and put in two separate sacks brought up by one of Ignatious's daughters. There doesn't appear to be anything particularly unusal about the bones. They appear to be of two humans, or perhaps a half elf.

After about 10 minutes it is done, and the sacks are carried downstairs.

--- THE GROUND FLOOR ---

Ignatious sets some water on the boil and makes some tea for those who want it. He sends up one of his daughteers with two sacks. The corporal and his squad accept some hot tea and slouch around one corner of the kitchen. The stoked fire quickly warms the kitchen.

Eventually Rinya, Lucian, Heather and the Cleric of Hyrag come down the stairs carrying two sacks. After handing over a handfull of coins to 'asssist with the lying to rest of the remains', the Cleric of Hyrag heads out with the Corporal and his squad in tow.

"Well my dear," Heather says to Rinya. "I spent a dozen gold coins to be rid of the good cleric, may Hyrag be merciful. So how much do you think that gear is worth."

Velmont

First Post
"What we first need to know, it is if that equipement is magical... Russna allow me to take a look at it, but tomorrow. Today, I've spent all her granted gift to heal the members of our group... well, almost. Rinya, come here. It's small, but it should help, you look pale. If I didn't knew undead, I could think you have been affected by them, but skeleton are harmless to the soul... but they can hack well your skin. Here. Russna, may you touch her with your power." all the scratches dissapear, but the main wounds seems mainly unaffected.

"I think we should look at all this tomorrow. I'll be able to determine more about the magical nature of these items if they are maical."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Guidance transformed into a CMinorW, 1 hp healed for Rinya[/SBLOCK]

Dungannon

First Post
A look of confusion crosses Lucien's face at Heather's comments. "You doubt the cleric's attentions? He is a man of good, dedicated to a God who reveres the value of life and advocates the destruction of all undead atrocities. I thought the guardsmen were the ones who should've been brushed aside."

Heckler

First Post
doghead said:
"Well my dear," Heather says to Rinya. "I spent a dozen gold coins to be rid of the good cleric, may Hyrag be merciful. So how much do you think that gear is worth."

"I am no appraiser, but I feel safe saying your 12 gold was well spent. At the absolute minimum, I would guess it's worth between 50-100 gold."

"But, I think this was Grandmama's equipment, and she had a good carreer as an adventurer. I suspect at least some of it is either of high quality or magical. That would add hundreds, or maybe thousands, to the total. Grandmama had a lot of magic guarding it, and the priest was too interested in removing it from you, so I don't think you'll be disappointed in the final total. But as Ridik said, we won't be able to make an accurate determination until tomorrow."

"However, as I believe this is Grandmama's personal gear, the sentimental value to yourself and Ignatious would be priceless."

Turning to Lucien, "The cleric's attentions were on the gear. I saw him when he thought no one was watching him, and he saw something that interested him very much. Just because he serves Hyrag doesn't mean he's not interested in lining his pockets. The guards, I think, just wanted to leave."

ooc: The initial posts with the gear descriptions were lost in the crash, so my numbers are based off of my hazy memory. IIRC Skel1:Leather Armor, 2 short swords; Skel2: Robes, short sword, bow and arrows. Am I missing anything? Also, would I have noticed if any of it is Masterwork, and was any of it damaged in the fight?

Ridik's healing takes Rinya to 4/13 HP.

Remove ads