• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Apocalypse] Recruiting Closed

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Here is the party so far:

Voda Vosa - Smart Hero / Field Scientist Academic (this is as close to the original concept as I could get)
Willette - Smart Hero Rural
failedreality - Fast Hero Inquisitive
Frozen Messiah - Strong Hero / Infiltrator / Helix Warrior Military

What I see as really lacking right now is a) a doctor or at the least someone with the Treat Injury skill, b) a charismatic hero or at least someone with the Diplomacy skill to barter for necessities (as soon as the fallout starts, things like bottles of purified water are going to become more valuable than rifles), and c) someone intending to do psionics (no one has expressed interest in it yet and it is an option at least one character should probably take advantage of).

One character could theoretically find a way to fill all three roles depending on the build, but you don't have to.

I'd be happy to have you along as well, Hob Marshmallowfoot. Feel free to join us if you care to give pbp a try.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah... After your suggestions, I actually feel for a med-student who might go psychic after the blast...

Probably start at low level. 2 or 3...

How's that sound?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I like the concept a lot. Starting level is up to you, between 1 and 10. Right now, I've had 1, 3, 7, and 7. As I said in the 1st post, a lot of challenges will be plot-based. You also have to weigh a few options. Starting age is one of them. If you want to be 10th level, you'd have to start at venerable age (with all the age penalties thereof). Being 1st level might make you frail in some ways, but it also makes you the most adaptable. I've been intentionally vague on what sort of challenges you'll face, so starting at a lower level lets you build your character to deal with the challenges in the game, not to mention letting you take greater advantage of some of the extra options like psionic classes. So in short, if 2nd or 3rd is fine with you, it's fine with me.

Blackrat

Yeah, that's why I considered low level, 'cause as a student he can't be much over 20... 25 maybe, so I can take the doctor occupation already, eventhough he is still on the last years of medschool...

Also, mixing in charismatic. I'm having a sort of "party going, pretty boy yet compassionate young fellow" vibes from the char...

I need to check Apocalypse book once I get home for the requirements and such for the telepath class. Damn, the best books for not being srd :D

Last edited:

Blackrat

Hey, I'm off to a good start. I'll start at level 2. Charismatic/Dedicated with doctor occupation.

I just wanted to ask a couple questions. Would it be bad to start with exp enough to almost get me to third level? Something like 2900. That way I could hit third level real soon and pick the Wild Talent.

Also, since psychics are ok, I think this bomb is one of those "fantastic nukes" that have all sorts of weird effects. How about taking a mutation? Only cosmetic ones with no point costs. I'm thinking the blast would have affected my char's eyes...

Dekana

Explorer
I love post-apocalyptic stories like this, heh. But to echo some of the earlier comments in the thread, I'm totally ignorant of the d20 modern rules. I'm willing to play catch-up though!

If there's any room left?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Character concept sounds great, Blackrat!

All characters start at base XP for their level.

And no mutations, at least not yet. Once your character develops psychic powers we can talk about it.

Also, the telepath is in the d20 Modern core book under the Agents of Psi campaign option. Also in the SRD here. It is a campaign class. This isn't an Agents of Psi campaign, but since the blast awakens latent psychics I decided to use most of the rules therein.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Also, since psychics are ok, I think this bomb is one of those "fantastic nukes" that have all sorts of weird effects. How about taking a mutation? Only cosmetic ones with no point costs. I'm thinking the blast would have affected my char's eyes...

me and some friends in my D&D group had thought of something called a "mage bomb", the concept was that they would take raw elements of a plane and it would react violently with this plane (kind of like anti-matter).

Could this be the idea for the bomb, one of these bad boys being used?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am willing to take a couple more players on, Dekana. Glad to have you along. I imagine we still have at least a week or so before we get started. Even then, it won't be hard to pick up stragglers off the streets of post-nuke Chicago. So feel free to take it at your own pace.

Blackrat

Aww bummer :p... But ok, I'm pretty much done, I'll post the character during weekend. I picked a bunch of stuff for him that I think a final year medstudent would have... Most of that is now completely useless after the EMP :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads