• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Cthulhu] OOC - What Rough Beast...

Isida KepTukari

First Post
Heck yes you should make another! Not that I expect Crimster to kill us off in the first day (the second perhaps, but not the first) but this IS Call of Cthulhu.

I had a second character rolled up the day after I made Ray Silver, and I have a third character concept in the back of my brain. :D

Do you still have that creation e-mail, the one I first sent you Spoof, or did it get deleted?

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
Yea I still have it, but as before I will not know the core skills. I plan on playing either a Soldier next or possibly an actor. But the Actor is not on the professional templates. I can make the actor up but as for the soldier, if you could send me the skills for it, thanks. ALso Crim da la crim, do we need to send you stats for the second character now or later?

The Crimster

First Post
creamsteak said:
You guys are doing very good... you havn't even shot anything and I'm a huge fan...

Hey, thanks Creamsteak! Stick around, the party is just about to begin...

And thank you, Isida. Cemeteries can certainly set the scene for the beginning of a Cthulhu game, I think. Let's just hope the game doesn't END with a cemetery scene.

Last edited:

The Crimster

First Post
There is no harm in having a second character ready. I usually discourage it in a 3E game, actually pretty much any other game - but Call of Cthulhu. I find that when players make a new character, they're excited to play the new character. Sometimes to the detriment of the old one! (errr, old character that is, not the Old Ones, that's something different).

But for this game, feel free. Don't send me the attributes (Via the dicebot!) until the need arises, though.

Spoof

First Post
np

I do not plan on loosing this character at all, like I said throw the others to the fore and run your arse off :rolleyes:

But knowing my luck I will get shot by the little child who picked up the dropped gun :(

Character in a dream "Hey whats that?"
Other character "I don't know but I poke it in the eye"
DM "Um, ok. Now its pissed and rips your arm off and beats you to death with it"
First character "Ok I poke it in another eye."
DM "Dammit man its a beholder, it has lots of eyes! Ok now it kills you also, next!"

Last edited:

The Crimster

First Post
Question for the players, or anyone else with a good opinion:

How long before someone is gone do you write them off? Today is Wednesday, the 10th. We haven't heard from one of the players since Thursday the 4th.

A related question, how long do you wait until the DM should post the 'move'? If all of the players have replied in the first day, but the fourth hasn't for a couple, would it be rude to go ahead? (and just assume that the character does nothing)

Ideas/Suggestions?

Karl Green

First Post
Yea I have that problem also, and it can be really hard when you are just starting the game. I know people can have computer problems and all, and life can get in the way, but I figure a couple of days is about the max before you just assume either the character stands there or you write that person off.
In the Star Wars game here we go for a week or more where there is only two or three of the us writing comments (not the GM) and it can be frustrating...

Oh yea I was going to say that for a beginning part I would hope that people write within the first week of the first post. If they can't well I know there are lots of other people that wanted in on this game...

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
Well as for how long to wait for the player I would give them 5 days, of no action before removing them, Unless they tell you in advance that they will be gone - i.e. vacation or some such, or a family emergency occurred then possibly let them back in.

As for the turns, if everyone who has been posting has posted (as of now) then I say go ahead with the turn if you are ready. If one of the characters who posts regularly has not posted to a turn, but their action is not vital - i.e. combat then I do not think that it would be rude to continue. Just not right away, make sure everyone has a chance to post first, max 1 day. But after everyone has posted then type it in and kill everyone (but me) off :D

Just my opinion.

Spoof

First Post
Invulnerability?

Humm, I have been thinking. What we really all need to be wearing is Plaid. That way we will never die, as dead men do not wear plaid, right? Just an idea, I think my character will go home as soon as he can and change into his plaid underwear. :D

Remove ads