• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Cyberpunk-setting options and recommendations.

GlassJaw

Hero
If you absolutely have to stick to d20, I would say Spycraft 2.0 with some conversions, depending on how much cyber you want in your punk.

Personally, I wouldn't look anywhere else than Shadowrun for a cyberpunk game.

Roudi

First Post
Sadly, Shadowrun is it's own system.

I'm working on a cyberpunk setting currently, but I don't plan to be finished until August and it will be for the True20 system.

Adamant Entertainment's Terminal Identity line caters to cyberpunk tastes, and it's built for d20. I suggest checking it out.

Turanil

First Post
Hellcat said:
what products are out there for a d20 game in a Cyberpunk-setting
Out of print, but (I believe) available in PDF (drivethrurpg.com), or may be found on ebay: OGL CYBERNET by Mongoose Publishing, is an OGL game based on d20 Modern that was specifically designed for the cyberpunk genre.

Roudi

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Why sadly? It's a great system, and it handles some things a lot better than d20.
"Sadly" only in the respect that the original poster sought a d20 game, and Shadowrun is not such. It wasn't meant to be a description of the Shadowrun system at all - having never played it, I'm in no position to judge.

Walt C

Explorer
Hellcat said:
I'm looking to see what products are out there for a d20 game in a Cyberpunk-setting and get some recommendations.

In addition to Terminal Identity and OGL Cybernet, there's d20 Cyberscape (a supplement for d20 Future, which is a supplement for d20 Modern...get all that? :)) and Digital Burn (still available from 3rd party sellers on Amazon).

Walt C

Urizen

First Post
Walt C said:
In addition to Terminal Identity and OGL Cybernet, there's d20 Cyberscape (a supplement for d20 Future, which is a supplement for d20 Modern...get all that? :)) and Digital Burn (still available from 3rd party sellers on Amazon).

Walt C

I've been considering doing cyberpunkish supplements for ogl cybernet. Not sure though, if it's worth the time.

I'd heard that book wasn't well recieved.

Shadowrun... two words:

Simply
Incredible.

malladin

Explorer
If you want a D20-based ready-to-use rules system for Cyberpunk games you really need look no further than Etherscope. Okay, its got the victorian element in it, but if you ignore the pictures the cybernaughtics and scope rules work perfectly well for cyberpunk, and the class options are better flavoured to cyberpunk than the more generic ones from D20M or Spycrapt. The scope rules in etherscope also make the traditional Net running a lot more available to all characters, and therefore prevents the usual split party issues you get when running a cyberpunk scenario where the net runner is the only one able to enter the net.

If you're looking for a setting, Etherscope isn't a standard cyberpunk setting, but it is true to cyberpunk themes and if you fancy cyberpunk "with a twist" Etherscope is,in my (obviously biased) opinion, but also in the opinion of many reviewers, much better at keeping to the true themes of cyberpunk than Shadowrun. If on the other hand you're looking for a system to pick up and run for your own homebrew setting, I think you'll find Etherscope a lot closer to what your after than OGL Cybernet (which I find devoid of flavour) and D20 Cyberspace (which requires a bit of work to sort out what you want from what you don't, and doesn't do the cool Matrix-style net combat that Etherscope does). Plus Etherscope's second printing rulebook is available at a reduced price, I think (Fanboy 3 in Manchester had it for £9.99, so about $15ish?)

Cheerio,

Ben

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Didn't someone release a homebrew system a while back? CYD20?

Another thing about Shadowrun - it's got a little more than the average cyberpunk setting, no?

Remove ads