• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D20 Fight Club 5e [iOS]

Gecko85

Explorer
Is anyone using this app? Just downloaded it and it looks like it could be very helpful, except for one thing: I can't figure out how to add my additional skill proficiencies. The app shows the two proficiencies from my Background on the list of skills, but nowhere on the edit screens do I see where to select my additional skills.

Has anyone figured this out? Am I just blind?

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Add it as a modifier to either the class or background. To do this, press the "+" button and select the appropriate skill (the type of bonus should be preselected as "skills," but you can change it if you like).

Last edited:

Gecko85

Explorer
Thank you! Not intuitive, but oh well. Wonder why they didn't just make a separate interface for it instead of burying it?

DocSun

First Post
An oversight? One guy can only do so much.
Can i get it on android?

Sadly you can't which is a shame every android 5e app I have used it horrible in comparison. Ive used it on my friends Ipad and it was the best thing so easy to use in game once it was set up(which the second an OGL or other license comes out this might be the BEST app). however I don't own any apple products and refuse to. All I want is it to show up on android at this point.

Nine Hands

Explorer
I've been using it for a couple of weeks and once its setup for your character, its easy to use and way better than using a form fillable PDF or paper sheet.

As I am using spell cards, I just enter in the names of the spells, so its quick to build a character.

I asked the creator to add 1/2 Proficiency bonuses (Jack of All Trades) and 2x Proficiency bonuses for Expertise but those are the only issues I've seen.

I'd love to see the developer partner with WotC to get everything put into the program and I'd gladly pay 10 bucks or so for a fully supported character sheet.

Gecko85

Explorer
Aside from adding more equipment what other benefit you get for upgrading?
No ads. Also, I think the free version limits the number of modifiers you can add. I can't remember: I know I hit a wall on *something*, then upgraded for $2.99. (Also, that $2.99 covers both iPhone and iPad...)

Now that I have it set up, spells added, etc., I really like it. It's very nice looking and the rolls are great. I was planning to use spell cards, but since I can have all the info at my fingertips, and can use the "prepared" toggle to note when I've used one, I think I'll ditch the cards.

Only minor niggle (and I've posted on their Facebook page to see if they can help) is it calculated the melee bonus for Dagger incorrectly. It's using my DEX bonus instead of STR.

Overall, a solid 4 out of 5 stars. It's got a bunch of really good reviews, with a handful of 1-star reviews from people who don't understand intellectual property and copyright rules. They *can't* include anything from the PHB...it would violate copyright. It was very smart of them to make it easy to add that info, though, so if you rightfully own the PHB it's just a matter of entering it. Took a lot less time than I thought it would.

Gecko85

Explorer
Only minor niggle (and I've posted on their Facebook page to see if they can help) is it calculated the melee bonus for Dagger incorrectly. It's using my DEX bonus instead of STR.
Turns out that was a brain fart on my part. I totally forgot that with finesse weapons you can choose to use either STR or DEX modifier. The app automatically picks whichever is higher.

Remove ads