• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Mini-games?

Mitchifer

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Depends on your definition of "mini-game."
Granted, without Poly the only one that is printing mini-games is Fantasy Flight Games and their Horizon lines. So far, they have released Grimm (roleplaying in a storybook world ... with a twist), Virtual (like Tron), and Spellslinger (Wizards of the Wild West).

You forgot to mention Redline (Post-apocalypse Roadwarrior action). Unfortunately, it doesn't look like FFG has anything on tap for the next Horizon product, at least by looking at their webpage.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Just so people know, Valent Games (www.valentgames.com) releases Minigame Magazine each month as a pay-for-download PDF. Issue #2 has just come out, and I wrote a review review of issue #1, which is hopefully informative.

Last edited:

Olive

Explorer
I was really hoping that they'd do an Al-Quadim 3.5 minigame, like the Dark Sun of Incursion stuff they did... And I guess that makes me some one who was never going to use the mini games!

I looked at the Grimm game that FFG put out, and it looks great. I'm gonna pick it up sometime soon.

pfisteria

First Post
Mitchifer said:
You forgot to mention Redline (Post-apocalypse Roadwarrior action). Unfortunately, it doesn't look like FFG has anything on tap for the next Horizon product, at least by looking at their webpage.

I believe the next Horizon product is about giant shape changing robots... something along the lines of Transformers.

thundershot

Adventurer
Dinopirates of Ninja Island wouldn't really be a "mini-game" per se, since it would use standard d20 rules. Most mini-games have a few different rules, while still being compatable with standard d20. It would be a nifty "mini-setting", one which I would scoop up in a second.

I've always wanted something akin to VISIONARIES. A great Hasbro property of the 80's that didn't live nearly as long as it should have. A modern world, and suddenly technology ceases to work, and they must learn to use magic to survive. Each character has an animal totem that they can become, and most have a staff that grants additional powers. Basically d20 modern (or d20 future) segues into D&D. I've been SO tempted to write it up myself.

Chris

JDJarvis

First Post
mini-games (or tailored campaigns "mini-game" was always a tad disingenuos in my opinion) I'd have like to have seen:

Wild West shoot-em ups and barrom brawls.

Professional Wrestling, maybe with a slightly more detailed tactical combat system.

Low Magic Medieval, actual low magic medieval fantasy.

Swashbucklers.

Dino-Hunters on the lost island.

More stuff for that ww2 mini that chris parmas wrote for poly.

Landing Party: players are technichians, medics and redshirts getting zapped and eaten in strange new worlds.

Seventies Cyberama- Cyborgs seventies style.

Last edited:

MonsterMash

First Post
I'd have liked some more support for Iron Lords of Jupiter and Omega World. A cyberpunk 2000 setting would have appealed to me and something like a mini supers game.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
1930s hard boiled detectives, heck a fantasy hard boiled detective game similar to Glen Cook's series would be cool..
Dreamscape - roleplaying in the realm of the gestalt imagination.

The Auld Grump

WWII Espionage, sorta Spycraft meets Nazis.

With the resurgence of zombie movies, a little survival horror game would do well.

Wuxia, either ancient or BTiLC-style modern, would rock.

Also, how about Rifts D20? [/dodging hurled monkey poo :D]

Remove ads