• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern / 4CtF] Windy City Mutants: Genesis [PG-17]

Krizzel

First Post
Monday, 6:19pm
Lincoln High 'Dungeon' hallway, Oak Grove

Kate nodded slightly in acknowledgement to Jon before reaching out to grab for Lana's arm. "Lana..." she half-worried, half-scolded. "Are you okay? I mean..." She paused to wipe her eyes with the back of her hand.

"I'm sorry. I feel so dumb," she sighed. "I hate it when that crap gets to me - I should've stayed with you." Kate gave Lana a concerned look that suddenly changed as her eyes narrowed. "Wait...what am I saying?!" She placed her hands on her hips. "What the heck did you think you were doing DuPries?! That was really stupid!"

Krizzel

First Post
Monday, 6:04pm
On the streets, South Side

"Open the register!" was the muffled yell Macario heard through the wall just before he slammed into the door. The hinges and padlock groaned with the brief strain, flakes of rust drifting down to the floor as the hardware rubbed against itself and pulled slightly away from the wall. The lock didn't break, though.

The ringing bell of the cash drawer was barely audible as Macario recovered from the impact. It didn't really hurt so much as it just felt slightly numb. Before he could make another attempt a characteristic popping broke the air.

BANG! BANG!

Krizzel

First Post
Monday, 11:39pm
Heavy Metal Gym, South Side

Joshua managed to scrounge up most of his meager savings during the afternoon to make up the full amount of Ching's payoff to Slim. The shifty fixer seemed pleased that night when Joshua handed him, and mentioned that there would be more opportunities upcoming for Joshua to 'make a little cash,' emphasizing his point by handing over Joshua's cut of the take. It would help reimburse the expense he'd taken on, though things would still be tight over the next couple weeks given his Grandmother's medical bills and all.

Then Slim sent Joshua into the ring for his fight. His opponent was a young looking white kid, six-foot tall and well muscled, but he seemed awfully scared. The presence of Rodney and another of Dozer's thugs in the kid's corner left him a little confused on whether he should be more afraid of them, or of his opponent.

"Just like last night," Slim whispered into Joshua's ear with a pat on the shoulder, before slipping out of the ring. Then the bell sounded...

KitanaVorr

First Post

Lana sighed at Kate, pulling her arm from her best friend. Letting her skateboard take her down the hallway again, she tried to wrestle with tonights events and failed. How could she explain it? How could she explained what...could have happened...no...she wouldn't think about it.

"He just makes me so mad...I can't stand him. Why did he decide today of all days to come over to our table and make a pest of himself." Straightening her shoulders, a stubborn look Kate knew well formed on her dark brows. "Besides, I'm not letting some pretty jock jerk scare me...guys like him need to know that there are girls who won't let them walk all over them."

I'm not like my sister.

loxmyth

First Post

Macario waited there in the shadow of the boxes, his nerves causing every slight vibration, every groan of the boards he heard outside the room accentuate that much more. When he heard the demand to open the register, he started to relax. Surely this meant that the guy would leave? A bit of the tension in his shoulders and legs, cramped from wrangling them into position for so long, dispersed. If only his back didn't feel like it was on fire and his bones feel like putty.

BANG! BANG!

He thought he was scared before, but the sound of the gunshots ringing out made him realize what real terror was. He bolted upright and his bladder voided promptly. Macario didn't even notice. He was again smashing into the door like a caged animal, as if the very breath of life waited on the other side. Because death was behind him, and now he had no doubt that the next one it found would be him.

ooc: Macario will attempt to smash through the door until it breaks or he does.

Krizzel

First Post

Macario slammed into the door again, feeling it strain but not yet give. He didn’t have time to feel his shoulder throb, hearing crashing from behind him, behind the door, out in the front of the store. It started coming nearer after a few seconds…

But then suddenly Macario was out in the snow-dusted alley and running, as the lock snapped and the door flung wide as he hit it the third time. There was a dull tang of metal as some bit of the mechanism shot through the air of the narrow space and bounced off a neighboring building. Other than that pure note, everything was quiet here.

Deserted, muffled, like the eye of a hurricane of violence.

Krizzel

First Post

Golden-blond brows furrowed in consternation. “Uh, yeah, maybe if it was just him,” Kate scoffed, walking along after Lana and then raising her voice as the distance widened. “But not with the brute squad along! What were you going to do? Fight them all?!”

Kate herself was no stranger to brawls with other girls, and even a few times with guys that Lana had seen. But she did tend to avoid fighting more than one person at once. A dull ache behind Lana’s temples was beginning to interfere subtly with Lana’s further thoughts.

Krizzel

First Post
Monday, 6:35pm
Lincoln High gymnasium, Oak Grove

Chris seemed a little distracted as he watched the rest of the game, though Eric was more intent. On the other side, Julie pulled idly at the leg of her pants, fussing with the material.

Ahead of them, the cheerleaders yelled and bounced, urging Lincoln High towards victory, with only moments left in the game. At the forefront, leading her squad, Becca Serra still managed to somehow notice as Lorenzo returned and sat down, and graced him with a brief smile between cheers.

The teams battled back and forth down the court, holding the score within one point. With a cheetah’s speed, one of Lincoln’s players sprinted forward and stole the ball from the visitors, driving towards the basket. He seemed to glide through the air as he leaped up, bouncing the ball off the backboard with ease. Now ahead by three, and with thirty seconds to go, it was only a matter of putting all the effort into defense and stalling until time ran out for Lincoln High to be declared the winner.

The celebration was short and subdued, and soon everyone was filing out of the bleachers and onto the court, eager to stand after sitting on the hardwood benches. Those who had cars and licenses took off in short order, leaving the more unfortunate students to stand around waiting to be picked up.

Eric was asking Chris something about football when Julie sighed and turned to Stacy. “What’s it like to have a twin?” She glanced back at the gym. “It must be better than having one of you be older.”

Meanwhile, Becca emerged from the locker room where she’d disappeared after the game. She’d exchanged her cheerleading uniform for a pair of tightly-fitted, perfectly tailored jeans that were faded just so, and a snug plain black t-shirt. “Ready to go?” she wondered pleasantly as she strode up to Lorenzo, dropping the bundle of gym bag and parka she was carrying, and then bending down to retrieve the coat and shrug into it.

KitanaVorr

First Post

"I guess not," Lana sighed, shaking her head and pressing her hand against her temple. "And I'm getting a headache or something...stupid Waverly. I should hack into the school records and give him something interesting to see at the end of the semester," she half-threatened to Kate with a smile and winked at Jon, who hadn't left yet.

Pushing her skateboard back to her friend, she nodded to her. "I guess its time to go home anyway. We should go check and see how the game is going. Though I doubt Stacy will want to leave Chris' lap anytime soon."

Or Becca, Lorenzo's. she thought with some dejection.

Shalimar

First Post
Monday, 6:35pm
Lincoln High gymnasium, Oak Grove

Stacy's face lit up even more then usual at the other cheerleader's question, "Its really fun, I mean I always have Lana to talk to, and we look soo much alike that we can switch everyonce and awhile, its really great. And Lana is really good at things that I'm not, so she can always help me and I can help her." Stacy answers positively glowing, "But don't worry honey, your sister is really nice, I'm sure she knows all kinds of cool things, andwould do anythng for you." she continues, as always looking on the brightside, never seeing anyone in anything other than the best possible light.

Stacy slips herself of Chris's lap to pat the other girl on the shoulder comfortingly, giving Julie one of her best smiles. "Hey, do you think we should go get Lana s we can all go home when daddy gets here?" she asks curiously of her companions. "She is probably skating somewhere, maybe even the Dungeon."

Remove ads