• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E d20 Modern 4e

Insight

Adventurer
Aussiegamer said:
umm I think they call that breach of copyright! :confused:

And just because they don't want to does not mean they will allow others.

??? I don't think WOTC owns a copyright on the modern world.

If WOTC is going to offer a 4E SRD, you can create stuff with it. No reason you couldn't create a version based on the modern world.

Bretbo said:
D&D 4th edition + 4th edition SRD/OGL + fan/3rd party product = new edition of d20 Modern?

Uh, yeah. Why not?

wedgeski

Adventurer
This from the 4ed FAQ:

4ed FAQ said:
Also, I'm not sure if anyone's asked ... but what about d20 Modern?

Originally Posted by WotC_Jeremy View Post
We're currently focused on making 4th Edition the best game we can, but we do look forward to updating d20 Modern, as well as exploring other genres.

D&D Insider will have news about d20 Modern in the months ahead.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ranger REG said:
That assumes Fantasy Flight Games would want to revive Dragonstar.

I'd like to know how much it would cost to buy it from them.
I was thinking that too. There isn't any way I could afford it, but if someone purchased Dragonstar from them and redid it using the 4e SRD and the modern SRD then I think it would be a smash hit.

I think it should be done as a full OGL game! :cool:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Knightfall1972 said:
I was thinking that too. There isn't any way I could afford it, but if someone purchased Dragonstar from them and redid it using the 4e SRD and the modern SRD then I think it would be a smash hit.
You still need a lot of capital, plus a lot of helps.

I don't want Dragonstar to retrict to game medium, but in the novel medium as well (and beyond). A two-pronged aggressive push for the brand.

Ranger REG

Explorer
uraniumdragon said:
Hey, I've said it before, but you know what happened to Alternity when 3E was announced? It got the axe.
Considering that I never bought into Alternity, it didn't impact me.

What did impacted me is that no new support product for the d20 Dark*Matter book, which as it stands now, the final product of the d20 Modern line.

Personally, I don't like their "testing the water" approach, like they did with the Expedition series. They should have just gamble on a 1-year 6-book minimum plan to support a setting.

Last edited:

Remove ads