(D20 Modern) CORELINE: FIREWALLS: EPISODE 1 (IC)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Seth blinked. He looked left at Vicente, then right at the oddly-dressed woman, then back at Vicente. The information didn't seem like much to go on, and all Seth had were questions. Too many questions. One came to mind immediately, however... what would Horatio do?

"Research is for the lab geeks. What have they found out so far?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"E, mister Seth is corect, I presume you will call a retired ganster not for fiddling with papers and informations. I presume other skills that I have are the ones you want me to exploit." says Vicente, shifting in his seat uncomfortably. His hands reach to his pocket, and he takes out a cigar from a small box he retrieves from it. He lights it and begins to smoke profusely.

(OOC: Sorry about the lateness).

"It is true that this sounds like an assignment for those guys at the Fringe Division, but we do not care right now about the specifics of the virus or whatnot. We have another team working on *that*. What we want to know-what we *need* to know-is who's trafficking this stuff. Who's developing this stuff. What do THEY want. That is what you're going to look for.

Garibaldi, you're our underworld connection. You probably know a few doctors that plug bullet holes for hush-hush money. That's where you come in-interrogate them to find out if they know any new ripperdocs in town. Hondo, you're our military side. This package's up-and-coming in the world, and we're talking cops, the Secret Service, the military, lots of crooks-a lot of people with a lot of cash and wanting to be Superman. We need you to know if anybody's being paid there to look the other way.

Most necessarily, we need to find out who's making the tainted enhancement-and once we know who is it, we move in and take them out. We want you on the strike team, once that happens."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well that's more of what I am good at bella ragassi, I will talk to a few of my contacts then" the mafioso says, shifting his cigar from one side of his mouth to the other.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Seth snickered. "Yeah, 'cuz I'm so popular."

Seth knew that the NID would no doubt have some kind of intel. He had no idea how to get a hold of said intel, however. The NID was a super-secret group, arguably as or more secret than Firewall, whose specialty was finding alien and other esoteric artifacts to further their own agenda. They operated with the defense of Earth in mind and gave new meaning to "the end justifies the means". They were also notoriously tight-lipped when dealing with outsiders... and Seth was as foreign as they come.

Perhaps his team leader, Lt. Col. Darren Renfrew, might be able to pull some strings. It wouldn't be the first time that Seth had to lean on his human allies...

"The pigeons know some less savory people who deal in... less savory things. I'll see what I can find out."

Last edited:

The girl nods her understanding and then says:

"Okay, then. Good luck."

It is then when the scenery shimmers back into the bus. Both guys feel a new weight on their front shirt pockets and also hear the driver say that the bus will stop in front of City Hall.

If any of the two decide to check their pockets, they will find a PDA. This PDA was not there before, and it looks fully equipped and top-of-the-line.

gf2-56458.jpg

If they decide to check even further, they will find that the PDAs have a secure link to each other and Firewall's databases.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Seth fumbles around in his voluminous trench-coat and finds the newly acquired PDA. He turns it over a couple of times to inspect it, then shrugs and says, "Nice... but it ain't no iPod."

As the bus carries the hapless pair on their merry way, Seth makes an attempt at conversation.

"Hey, paizano..." Seth says to the old-school gangster, "Do you like... stuff?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The gangster pockes the strange device, and turns to face his newfound comrade. "Oh yeah I like stuff man." he mocks the american way of speaking. "Go to the point capishe? I do not enjoy cheap talk." he continues seriously.
"If ya want to talk about work, I think we should try to gather some intelligence beofre venturing further. I know a couple of doctors who owe me some gamble money, they could give us a clue as to where to start."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Seth grinned underneath his chains. This guy was so gangster he was... well... gangster. "That's as good a place as any to start. I'd've gone to check with my unit, but I doubt you'd've gotten past Base security."

Remove ads