• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(D20 Modern) CORELINE: FIREWALLS: EPISODE 1 (IC)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caelin sees the two guys exit from City Hall, compares their mugs to the PDA and determines they must be the two Mimi wants him to team up with.

He tosses the wrapper from his snack over his shoulder and gives them a subtle wave.

When they approach we will greet them, "Name's Caelin, Mimi sent me to help out." He looks at Seth and says, "I spoke to mister charming here already and explained." His nose gives a little twitch, almost like it is supposed to have whiskers but doesn't.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Seth sighs. "Another lad, huh. When is Firewall gonna start sending us hot Asian schoolgirls?"

Seth and Vicente leave the Colonel's office and head outside to meet their new teammate. Seth lightly elbows Vicente and says, "Let's hope this guy has skills besides punching people in the face. We're crappy investigators."

"Yes we are. At least you behave all government in there and got some answers." says Vicente.

Caelin sees the two guys exit from City Hall, compares their mugs to the PDA and determines they must be the two Mimi wants him to team up with.

He tosses the wrapper from his snack over his shoulder and gives them a subtle wave.

When they approach we will greet them, "Name's Caelin, Mimi sent me to help out." He looks at Seth and says, "I spoke to mister charming here already and explained." His nose gives a little twitch, almost like it is supposed to have whiskers but doesn't.

"Watch your tong unless you wanna lose it Caelin. My name is Vicente Garibaldi and you shall call me by my name, capishe?"
threatens the temperamental gangster.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"Caelin, eh? I hope you have little to no scruples, Caelin, because Vin and I don't play nice... except when it gets us what we want," Seth explained by way of introduction, nodding at Vicente's comment regarding government.

Seth continued, "Any chance you're a negotiator or computer geek by trade? We're short on them. And Asian schoolgirls... who, by design, all know at least three lethal styles of Kung-Fu. Just watch 'Kill Bill'. You'll understand."

The conversation (starting with the failed 'Sound' gag) with Caerin happens after bidding farewell to the Colonel, outside of the office, with the door closed (so, hopefully, the second mentioning of 'Firewall' was not heard by the Colonel). There is a bullpen on the nearby wall, one of several posted on the walls alongside the corridor.

There is a small white (but highy decorated) paper on it, showing the event's timeframes.

----

6:00 P.M.-Arrival of Dr. Diggers.
6:45 P.M.-Opening Event.
7:00 P.M.-Lecture with Dr. Diggers/Exposition of new technologies.
8:00 P.M.-Dinner.

It is now 10:55 A.M.

--------

Once outside of City Hall, the two other Firewall agents meet Caelin. After introductions are done, Caelin tells them of his idea.

If any of them check the PDAs for the map of Seattle, the on-board GPS projects that it will take 25 minutes to arrive to the Halloweeners' turf (and where Caelin thinks a smash-and-kidnap would be most successful) from City Hall, in current traffic conditions.

Last edited:

Waterfront_park.jpg

The Waterfront Park was, once upon a time, one more of the pier sectors on the Seattle riverfront. Long before the 23 Hours, the piers were converted into something more tourist-friendly, with warehouses turning into stores, amusement park rides installed and lots of greenery.

After the 23 Hours, the Park was left somewhat alone. Sure, a few of the piers have been further 'gentrified' and/or maintained, but others have fallen in disuse and the rides have long since corroded, the stores long shut down.

The group sees the Halloweeners with extreme ease-because all of them, without exception, are dressed in bright orange coveralls with the gang sign sewn in somewhere. Men, women, Reals and Fictions, large and small. Some carrying guns, and some scary-looking enough that they probably don't even *need* them. They walk through the Waterfront Park and the civillians promptly get out of the way.

U38479.jpg

(OOC: Roll Spot).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"Watch your tong unless you wanna lose it Caelin. My name is Vicente Garibaldi and you shall call me by my name, capishe?" threatens the temperamental gangster.
With a feral grin and fangs showing, Caelin's tongue transforms to the panther's and he sticks it out far enough so he can see it, albeit a little cross-eyed, but he can get a good look, yep still there.
"Caelin, eh? I hope you have little to no scruples, Caelin, because Vin and I don't play nice... except when it gets us what we want," Seth explained by way of introduction, nodding at Vicente's comment regarding government.

Seth continued, "Any chance you're a negotiator or computer geek by trade? We're short on them. And Asian schoolgirls... who, by design, all know at least three lethal styles of Kung-Fu. Just watch 'Kill Bill'. You'll understand."
He looks to Seth, tongue back to normal and fangs gone again, and purrs, "I like Asian school girls particularly if they can play a little rough."

Then he gets more serious, "Alas, I am more of a second story man myself, and being sneaky and infiltrating are more my style. Not being an investigator or geek, I did call Mimi and asked for a lead to chase down. She said to check the Halloweeners gang, their territory's not too far from here. Figured that we could just go snatch ourselves one of these weenies and make him talk. What do you think?"

[sblock=Assuming we all agree]Caelin will indicate a spot on the map in his PDA for this kidnapping.
Caelin, sitting on his Ducati, asks, "Do either of you have a vehicle more appropriate for kidnapping? Maybe we need to get a black van, I got no problem appropriating one from that parking garage over there. Probably shouldn't take a cab and we cannot all fit on my Ducati."

OOC: Caelin has Disable Device +8 for Opening Locks. We could rent a van too I suppose, charge it to the expense account.

However the group gets to the area. Spot check:
Spot (1d20+6=13)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"More freaks, fantastic" says the gangster rolling his eyes to the metamorphing man. "Spare me the cat face, you'll need it when we are facing those punks."

"Seth here has a nice car. I have my own back at my place. I think it is more suited for that, let's go pick it up." Vicente leads the way to get his car, a black short limo, classy and cliché for a high class Italian Mafia man.

Assuming the group gets into the limousine, Vicente will drive to the Waterfront Park. The car is luxurious inside, with white ivory in several parts, leather seats and all that could make Capone droll
Garibaldi surveys the scene from there.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caelin agrees to use the limo, parking his Ducati where they retrieve the vehicle if possible.

OOC: Spot check result posted earlier was 13.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Seth whistles approvingly at the sleek limo. "Nice... but I'll bet my Hummer has a better sound system. Still, I'll ride along with you, slick. You probably have Cristal in there, and my bright yellow Hummer's designed to attract attention, if you know what I mean."

The irony was that Seth did not know what he meant himself. Other than what he's seen of Humanoid mating rituals from the 'net and TV shows, he hadn't a clue what he might do if he ever got a female's attention.

<<OOC: Spot check - (1d20+10)=13 >>

Last edited:

The Ducati is left on Vicente's parking spot, where the limo would be. It is pretty odd to see a big car spot being used by a crotch rocket, but the car designs surrounding it (most of which are armored, weaponized, float in the air, are bigger on the inside, look like thay could drill to the center of the Earth, are shivering from the Seattle cold, or are weirder than all of the above) make it look quite normal.

Once the limo rolls onto Waterfront Park, it is a matter of waiting for a good target to roll by. This takes 20 minutes of observation and wait.

Eventually, Seth and Caelin notice that one of the Halloweeners has broken up from the group and is walking into a nearby side street, chasing after a Fiction woman of the Anime kind, with big eyes, small mouth, an odd hairstyle with colors that are of the less ordinary side of the infrared spectrum, and more curves than the Daytona 500.

If they decide to look, the side street is small and empty, more of a gentrified alley than anything else.

Remove ads