• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20:Modern. Dark City Explorers Company. [OOC/Full]

Tanstaafl

First Post
Urial_fire_of_Heaven - good questions, I'll try to answer them all.

Computers... you'll find a few that are still working, but nothing more technologically advanced than we have now. Most will be balky and tempermental even when they are functional. There is no internet. Heolster City would have a few, but very limited printing capacity. One of them, gasp, even plays card games!

Ammunition... purchase as much as you'd like at the start of the game but do not expect to find much as the game progresses. Any ammo that you do find would be either home-made or re-cased shells. The skill of the person who made them would modify (either in a positive or a negative way) the effectiveness of the shells.

Literacy... you're automatically literate in your native language (for Freoderick you may choose English/Common or Gnomish); literacy in any other language requires the expenditure of skill points; it costs two skill points to be able to speak and be literate in a single language, one rank each in Speak Language and Read/Write Language.

Wealth... in d20 Modern everything has a purchase DC. If the DC is lower than your current weath bonus you may purchase it with no penalties (so buy these things first:)). If the purchase DC is higher than your current Wealth Bonus by 1-10 points, you lose 1 point of Wealth after that item is purchases. If the purchase DC is 11-15 points higher than your current Wealth bonus you lose 1d6 points of Wealth after the item is purchased. If the purchase DC is 16 or more points higher than your current Wealth bonus you lose 2d6 points of Wealth after the item is purchased.

I'll not be using the 1 point of Weath bonus loss for each item over DC 15 that is purchased or the licencing restrictions on firearms.

I hope that my description is not excessively convoluted and confusing. The d20:Modern Wealth system takes a little getting used to, but are okay once you've grasped them - I especially like the 'On Hand' rules.

Johnny Carson... very likely... isn't it neat how many '80s comedies and serialized sitcoms have made it onto DVD? :D This'll be fun!

Froederick can be posted in the Rouge's Gallery whenever you're ready. A few minor requests, please change the formating of his skill list so that the total bonus is in front of the slash and the number of ranks in the skill are behind the slash, also for cross class skills please list the ranks with a decimal point (1.0). FYI, I usually use the abreviation PCS to indicate perminant class skills.

Tanstaafl

First Post
Let the games begin... IC Thread

Those of you who are still working on stats; feel free to post IC stuff, we can keep working on stats as we move through the intro. of the game (I would like everyone to have final drafts of characters - including backgrounds and stats - posted in the Rouge's Gallery ASAP, by the begining of August at the very latest).

Mordane76

First Post
I'm glad our little interchange didn't degenerate into a fight, Uriel... I'm hoping not to get my butt handed to me before the first page of posts. :D

Tanstaafl

First Post
Cool!!

Everyone: Sorry I was AWOL this week... we had difficulty with our phone line (and with the really brilliant folks who work for our phone company. Everything should be find now & I'm gallantly resisting the urge to rant!

Tokiwong: If you're still interested in this game (& have time for it) please let me know...

Tanstaafl

First Post
Re: Geography ? posted in IC Thread

The setting is N. America; but the shape of the land and some of the features as well as climate, ect. have been altered by nuclear war followed by natural disasters. Heolster City is somewhere in the area that used to be Arizona or New Mexico.

Sea Level has been raised slighly and the overall temperature of the Earth is a few degrees higher. Mutations are much more common (you'll find varients on both domesticated and wild animals fairly frequently, as well as slightly altered humans - there are rumors that some of these alterations have been purposfully directed, but they're of the uban legand quality... my neighbor's cousin knew a guy who...).

Ms. Eliza will supply you with a map soon. I'll get it up today if I have enough time.

Radiant

First Post
"You know, if you're gonna send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." Xander Cage (Vin Diesel) XXX.

do you know if that new Vin Diesel movie is a sequel to XXX? Forgot how it's called but surprise surprise it was something with an X.

Tanstaafl

First Post
Radiant said:

do you know if that new Vin Diesel movie is a sequel to XXX? Forgot how it's called but surprise surprise it was something with an X.

I'm not sure... on a related note I was surprised & glad to see that Diesel wasn't in the sequel to The Fast and the Furious.

Radiant

First Post
Tanstaafl said:

I'm not sure... on a related note I was surprised & glad to see that Diesel wasn't in the sequel to The Fast and the Furious.

I'll chek what it was tomorow. And yep if he where I would have felt kinda obliged to watch it and I'm realy thankfull that I didn't;)

Remove ads