• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern] Gangs of Texas [PG-17] IC

Fanog

First Post
T-Bull's House - Dining Room
Fifth Ward
8:30 pm

Kia had been quite silent during the conversation between Amy, Carlos and Jason. What have I landed into? Is this all a medical problem; I thought there was more going on?

She looked a little heavy-hearted, thoroughly in the grip of the black clouds drifting around the room. Looking around the gathering, she tried to see if the others were as clueless as she was concerning Amy's story. During the round, Kia's eyes interlocked with Amy's. The strange look that the woman gave her was making her quite uncomfortable, she shook the moment off by speaking up.

"Euh, sorry Amy, the bug-and-virus story wentkind of over my head. But the Suits and gangs make even less sense to me. That's probably because I had actually hoped to understand that part. These Suits took apart you lab, getting rid of any specimen of these Tiger mosquito. Apparantly, they're working for some kind of 'Director'. So, ultimately, it's this Director who wants the entire species dead... Right? Now, there was probably a whole bunch of those things, and - as I read it - you couldn't spray them with a plane. Something with day and night, or something."

Kia held a moments, pondering whether to speak up with her theory. A 'theory', huh? Well, don't get your hopes up, you're just guessing...

"What if - Suppose you want an entire area of bugs dead, but you can't do it by spraying with a plane... If the easy option isn't availabe, you'd have to do it by hand, right? But, these Asian Tigers are pretty dangerous, so you don't want to do it yourself, and you don't want to put your own men in danger. Would it be really far-fetched to hire some other people to do it, some people who you don't really care about - well, er, whom no one really cares about?" It would explain why some gang members have bug spray, at least."

At the end of her breath she stopped, reading faces and studying reactions. She gave Malcolm a look of sorrow when she realized what she had just implied about Jeffrey, since he was the one with the bug spray. I didn't mean it like that... Damn Malcolm, sorry.. Please don't take it personal.

Jemal

Adventurer
Fifth Ward

Throughout it all, Mike just sits listening and shaking or noddign his head every once in a while. How the hell had he gotten himself mixed up in something like this? It was way out of his league, super-deadly mosquitoes, gangs with bug spray, and Feds trying to cover up some sort of virus-gone-wrong by killing his dad? None of it made much sense to him, all he could do was think about what he found in his dads hobby-room, maybe the others would know something about the stuff he'd found.

"Hey, guys, I don't know if it'll make any difference now, but if you wanna take a look at one of those mosquitoes, I've got one from my dad's bug room in a jar, and I found his notebook, though I still gotta go over it and see if there's anything useful." He says, breaking into the conversation as smoothly as possible.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Malcolm kept quiet for the moment, waiting to see if Lamar was going to talk about what he saw and the school with the Jeffrey and the Dogman - and the troubles that happened afterward.

Malcolm definitely looked uncomfortable waiting. The implications about the gangs and the bug spray didn't help matters - it just emphasized how much trouble Jeffrey was in.

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Bourbon Street - Alleyway
Fifth Ward
6:45pm

"Come on, Tommy," the sergeant spoke up in a gruff voice - obviously not wanting to be here, but really having no choice. "Let's do our report and then notify Detective Nguyen about his sister." The look in his eyes told Tommy and Willy how much he really did not want to handle that task.

Willy's glance didn't tell him anything - whatever it was that Barton saw eluded him as well. Nothing looked unusual...it was the normal contents of any woman's purse. Though in his mind ticked a few things...where was the badge that Jessica always carried? Or the small PDA that she used to record her interviews with him on?

OOC: WILLY, TOMMY

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Fifth Ward

Tommy was not comfortable with anything that was happening. How was he supposed to make sense of this. It was almost like Willy knew more about what was going on then he did. And did Det. Barton even look at Willy when he said to get rid of him? I think there is a LOT more going on here then what is obvious.

"Okay Sarge. I have no problem leaving this." Tommy did his best to lead Willy away. Once they were far enough he tried talkng to him again.

"Willy, I really think there is something bad going on here. Worse than this death. I need to know anything you do about the woman or what is going on with her." As an after thought he added, "And how does Det. Barton know you?"

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Fifth Ward

His sergeant interrupted him before Willy could answer. "Tommy, let's go write it up and track down Detective Nguyen," the man spoke, moving toward the car. "Take Willy with you. We can drop him off at the shelter on our way back to the precinct.

T-Bull's House - Front Door
Fifth Ward

It took longer than either of them thought to track down Jason Nguyen who had turned his cellphone off so that he could have an uninterrupted dinner conversation. Finally Sarge pulled up to a house - well kept - but still in Fifth Ward. Inside they could hear the murmur of many people.

"T-Bull's," the sarge spoke as everyone in the car recognized it. "Well...this just gets better and better. I don't want to have to tell him about this." He grumbled unhappily as he got out of the car and headed toward the door, pressing the door bell.

Tommy and Willy still sat in the car with Willy in the backseat watching everything. The doors are unlocked so either can get out at any time.

Fifth Ward

The bell echoed throughout the house and T-Bull's momma called out from the kitchen. "Kia? Kia! Get that, girl. Might be Jessica."

OOC: EVERYONE

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
Fifth Ward

"Yeah Momma, going..."

Kia gets up from her chair and speeds through the hall. She takes a look back at T-Bull, and furiously hopes that it is indeed Jess at the door.

She opens the door, and is quite disappointed to find that it isn't Jess. She takes a hand through her hair, combing back several braids. As she does so, she takes a look at the man standing outside, and those still in the car. Who are they? Would T-Bull know them - involved in the bug thing?

"Uhm, good evening. Can I help you?"

Last edited:

Dvang

First Post
Fifth Ward

Willy was fine with sticking with Tommy for a little while, and was getting ready to speak with Tommy when Barton interrupted, suggesting that Willy accompany them in the car.

No way! I'll never be heard from again, I know. They'll take me back to the lab for more experiments. Or worse, for sticking my nose in where it don't belong.

Willy tries to edge unobtrusively out of arms length of Tommy, then makes a mad dash for the alley he came from.

I gotta get away, then find the Nguyen family and let them know what's going on he thinks.

Once in the alleyway, if he makes it, he continues running for a minute or so, before trying to find a hiding spot to evade pursuit.

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Fifth Ward

The sargeant nodded to Kia as she opened the door. He glanced behind him with annoyance at where Tommy was sitting in the car, and then at Willy who seemed agitated before turning his attention back to Kia.

"Hello, miss. Is Detective Nguyen here? Could you tell him that Sergeant Jake Kramer needs to speak with him?" The man waited patiently at the front door.

OOC: KIA, TOMMY, WILLY

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Fifth Ward

While sitting in the car trying to get Willy to talk, Tommy caught Sgt. Kramer's glance at him. Great. I am never going to catch a break. Tommy turned back towards Willy. "I need to go talk to these people Willy. That lady you know who was shot, her brother is an important Detective and we need to let him know what is going on. You can stay and rest here, that is fine, but I really need to go talk to Det. Nguyen with my Seargent."

Tommy pauses for a moment to seee what Willy decides and then gets out of the car and heads to the front door.

Remove ads