• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 modern

Geist

First Post
Well Ive been able to look over d20 modern and it looks very very nice.

the basic 6 classes only going to 10 is rather interesting and over all the game should be alot of fun.

the limited patch that comes with some of the copies is very cool all black and grey with a dragon. it matches one of the patches a character on the front cover has.

over all im giving this a A+ book.

it doesnt replace spycraft but it does add alot more to the modern day genre.

Geist

First Post
well if i take some more time tommorow to read through it ill see about writing one up.

as it is i only spent about 30-40 minutes skiming over the book.

but ill see what i can do.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Just a confirmation. By adding to defense, does armor stack with class' defense bonus or does it replace (as with Star Wars Original Core Rulebook)?

I prefer the former choice.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Ranger REG said:
Just a confirmation. By adding to defense, does armor stack with class' defense bonus or does it replace (as with Star Wars Original Core Rulebook)?

I prefer the former choice.

As do I, and it looks like we'll be happy. :)

From the d20 Modern Sneak Peak now up at WotC:

Defense

To determine your character's Defense, add the following numbers together:

10 + class bonus + Dexterity modifier

So, a Strong hero with a Dexterity of 12 would have a Defense of 13 (10 + 2 + 1 = 13).

If your character wears armor, it provides an equipment bonus that adds to Defense.

EarthsShadow

First Post
the armor defense bonus does stack with all other defense bonuses also, including dexterity bonus. Unlike the unrevised star wars, it doesn't replace the dex bonus.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads