[d20 Urban Arcana] Harry Potter and the Dawn of Shadow (Prologue)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Vendetta I've searched every map of lower England I could find. QUOTE said:
"What makes you think it's in lower England? Could be in the Lake District, or Wales, or even Scotland. I doubt that distance is too much of a problem for people who can walk through walls."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"It's not like it really matters where it is. I mean, wha', we're going to sneak ou' an' play pranks on the Muggles? We'd get expelled for sure. No reason to leave, which I 'spect is par' of the idea."

FoxWander

Adventurer
"Yeah, Mum tells me you're pretty much restricted to school grounds most o' the time. Although there is a town nearby you can occasionally make visits to. And it's a wizard town too! Hogsmead I think she called it. But they only let you go if you've been good."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"If you've been good? Sounds like that San'a Claus bull they feed ya. I 'spect it's go' as much to do with whether the teachers like ya as your behaviour. I wonder what the teachers are like. Do you know, Colin? I mean, being wizardborn and all."

Arknath

First Post
A man yells over the puffing engine of the Hogwart's Express. Last minute goodbyes are said and children of all ages get on the train. A few minutes go by and you feel the train lurch forward on what is sure to be most interesting year of your life...thus far.

Fellow students pass the door with their trunks and things that move by themselves. After a short time, the food trolley will come around.

FoxWander

Adventurer
Paxus Asclepius said:
"If you've been good? Sounds like that San'a Claus bull they feed ya. I 'spect it's go' as much to do with whether the teachers like ya as your behaviour. I wonder what the teachers are like. Do you know, Colin? I mean, being wizardborn and all."
"Oh, it's not like it's been all magic this and spell that my 'ole life. Mum kept the witch stuff pretty quiet most o' the time. Weren't till I accidentally un-Obliviated my Dad that the whole "Wizards and Muggles" bit came out. Luckily Dad's pretty laid back an 'e took it all in stride. Fact it was 'is idea that I go to Hogwart's, so's I could learn to control it. An maybe do somethin' useful with it 'sides gettin in trouble all the time."

"But since we did plan on me going to Hogwart's, I did get this!" Colin reaches into his backpack and pulls out a thin booklet. The front cover bears this picture...
hogwarts600480.jpg

Written across the top in gold is...
Hogwart's School
of Witchcraft and Wizardry

and at the bottom...

Student Handbook

:D

FoxWander

Adventurer
"Sure!" Colin hands over the handbook, and watches to see Basil's reaction to the moving pictures inside.

"It doesn't go into too much detail but there's a brief history of the school, a description of the houses, classes and sports. Quidditch looks like it'll be fun to watch. Not sure I'd want to do it myself. Riding a broom like that's gotta be a bit painful, if ya know what I mean."

<OOC note: I figured a handbook like this wouldn't be too far-fetched. Something that gives general, non-specific information. Here's a link to the kind of stuff that might be in there (plus a good all around reference to Harry Potter stuff on the rest of the site- I'll post more links I've found in the OOC thread) Harry Potter Lexicon- Hogwart's >

Remove ads