[d20 Urban Arcana] Harry Potter and the Dawn of Shadow (Prologue)

Vendetta

First Post
"OK," replies Basil, "but wouldn't he be smiling at you when he sees you then? I mean, since you'll probably be in Slytherin and all."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Vendetta said:
"OK," replies Basil, "but wouldn't he be smiling at you when he sees you then? I mean, since you'll probably be in Slytherin and all."

"I don't know. Maybe 'e doesn't like Muggle-born. Black said there were some as didn't."

Vendetta

First Post
"Oh my" replies Basil. "I'd hate to think that some of the teachers might hold that against me." Basil quickly turns the page to hide himself from the sharp scowl professor Snape gave him at his last statement. The next page shows Headmaster Dumbledore grinning up at him very friendly and welcoming.

"Oh! Is he like the principal? He sure looks like a friendly old bloke."

FoxWander

Adventurer
Vendetta said:
"Oh! Is he like the principal? He sure looks like a friendly old bloke."

"Yeah, that's Albus Dumbledore. I've got a Wizard Trading Card of him. He's almost 150 years old and he turned down becoming Minister of Magic so he could stay Headmaster of Hogwart's. Mum says he's a pretty good Headmaster, though she thinks 'e's a bit soft on the Gryffindors. Used to be one 'iself when 'e was at school."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
FoxWander said:
"Yeah, that's Albus Dumbledore. I've got a Wizard Trading Card of him. He's almost 150 years old and he turned down becoming Minister of Magic so he could stay Headmaster of Hogwart's. Mum says he's a pretty good Headmaster, though she thinks 'e's a bit soft on the Gryffindors. Used to be one 'iself when 'e was at school."

"'Undred and fifty years old?! 'Ow's 'e still alive? 'Ow long can a wizard live?"

Vendetta

First Post
"Yeah," Basil agrees, "How long do wizards live?" He looks down at the kindly face of Dumbledore. "I don't know if I want a headmaster who favors one house over another. Still, he looks like a nice bloke. But if I'm not in Gryffindor then it would ... well... it would kind of suck, him favoring them and all."

Vendetta

First Post
After an hour of silence, Basil finishes reading the book and hands it back. "That was quite interesting. I... I've never imagined a world like this really existed. It's like a movie or something. All my life I thought that nothing good could ever happen to me. I mean, nothing ever went right before, has it? But now... this..." Basil's words fall short as he stares out the window, a sense of wonder on his face.

Remove ads