• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daily Art Preview

Hussar

Legend
Jeez, now I actually liked this one. They are humanoids, so, they have to be ... well humanoidish. The truly tentacular stuff will be there too.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
*Nods* Now... If the art was something like this, we have 2 for 3 (just need the stat-box):

[sblock]
prophet.jpg
[/sblock]
That to me is creepy, twisted humans.

Korgoth

First Post
Dausuul said:
Damn, I love Brom... especially for undead. His style is perfectly suited to portray decaying horrors from beyond the grave.

You know, it's pretty hard to sum up exactly how stone cold awesome that Brom painting is. I never even liked that stupid monster until now. Now it creeps the poo out of me and I can't wait to use it sometime.

Unfortunately, now that a Brom masterpiece has been posted all the art from the new Monster Manual looks like a Scooby Doo cartoon by comparison. Thanks, Brom, for ruining it for everybody with your awesomeosity! Are you happy now? ;)

frankthedm

First Post
Mr spikey, maybe... the rest are not really saying far realm to me. Mr Muscles would do fine for a large carnage demon, but they all look kinda mundane as far as D&D monsters go.

Reaper Steve

Explorer
FWIW, I like the foulspawn pic (although the big red guy in back did make me immediately think of the carnage demon.)
I like that they all have huge white eyes and ridiculous grins full of large pointy teeth.

No mommy, I don't like clowns!
Sorry, where was I?

Oh yeah...
They definitely strike me as having been touched by the Far Realms. I love my mind flayers, but not not everything from the Far Realms has to look like they could be related to illithids.

Dunamin

First Post
Never heard about foulspawn before, but the concept definitely sounds useful. What did they do as presented in the MMV? Madness-inducing powers?

Gargazon

First Post
Dunamin said:
Never heard about foulspawn before, but the concept definitely sounds useful. What did they do as presented in the MMV? Madness-inducing powers?

In MMV the monsters got more powerful the more you damaged them, except for the mage one who just got more powerful the more magic he cast. So I'd put my money on those Foulspawn getting a hella lot tougher when Bloodied.

Ginnel

Explorer
Well I've been thinking a lot on this picture and I kinda like it

I see these creatures as being on the very edge of the far realms or maybe a portal to it or whatever it is outside their village and they hunt through there and such what and the tribe starts holding these mutations in esteem.

Also if you imagine far realm pact warlocks and the like as they advance in power their teeth become more pointed their irises and pupils begin to fade also there skin may start to change to resemble one of those little creatures their appearance a physical symptom of the battle inside.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads