• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DAOM IS DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!!

evileeyore

Mrrrph
My comment stands as valid. Just cause you have a house rule doesn't mean you have to play it. I'm sure there are other people in a similar situation.
But I'm really lazy.

I'm likely to actually wait for the first actual rule book to come out (PHB I think?) and if DoaM isn't there as a Fighting Style then I'll come in here and see if someone else has done one up. If not I'll start a thread about it.

darjr

I crit!
But I'm really lazy.

I'm likely to actually wait for the first actual rule book to come out (PHB I think?) and if DoaM isn't there as a Fighting Style then I'll come in here and see if someone else has done one up. If not I'll start a thread about it.

Then I wait, expectantly.

Emerikol

Adventurer
I'm happy it's gone off the GWF. If it's a feat or more generically named fighting style I wouldn't allow it in my game but I wouldn't care.

Second wind, survivor, stroke of luck, and now indomitable are all objectionable.

I guess advantage was too good on all saves for the fighter. Sadly the new approach is a time travel mechanic. If I play the game I'll just houserule it back.

It's strange to me they decided to screw up the fighter so much when the class is so essential to old school games.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I never want to have to spell that stupid acronym ever again in my entire life.

Moral of the story : NEVER listen to people tell you that you cannot affect change in the world.

Well at least you're staying classy about it and not crowing like you cured cancer or something actually important.:hmm:

DDNFan

Banned
Banned
Well at least you're staying classy about it and not crowing like you cured cancer or something actually important.:hmm:

My happiness is important to me.

I have no doubt that you couldn't care less, because if you were being honest, you could use the cancer card to silence anyone on this website talking about D&D.

It's not important! Go out and cure cancer!! If you don't do that you're wasting your life!

Remathilis

Legend
I'm happy it's gone off the GWF. If it's a feat or more generically named fighting style I wouldn't allow it in my game but I wouldn't care.

Second wind, survivor, stroke of luck, and now indomitable are all objectionable.

I guess advantage was too good on all saves for the fighter. Sadly the new approach is a time travel mechanic. If I play the game I'll just houserule it back.

It's strange to me they decided to screw up the fighter so much when the class is so essential to old school games.

Here, I made you an "Old School" Fighter with abilities closer to what he had in in Basic and AD&D...

osfighter.jpg

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Considering that hit points are spelled out as explicitly non-meat in the combat section, I'm perfectly happy to lose the DOAM battle to win the HP war. I caught my second wind, I'm a survivor. :)

Remove ads