Dark Deeds On White Mountain--Recruitment Thread--CLOSED

Gray Shade

First Post
Hi Krug:

[sblock]Yeah, I think Dentmus could work much better than Snik. A lecherous and drunk Druid could prove good fun. My only concern would be when you say he's "just not a do-gooder sort". That could work, but he'll need some good reason to join in on this quest if not just to help the town. I mean, it could be that maybe he's after a particular young lady who's father is very impressed by the "professionals" so he steps up to impress the old man, and before he knows it he's just sorta stuck on this adventure. Dunno--that's off the top of my head. In any case, if you can think of a good reason for him to volunteer, given the rest of his character, then I think he could work. And I LOVE boars, so definitely a boar is cool with me. Although I like the duck, too.[/sblock]

Alan Moore rocks.

Krug

Newshound
Cool. :)
[sblock]I figured it's probably he's gotten into some gambling debts as well, so getting that money from that coffers could help him pay SOME of them. (Otherwise he's pretty much dirt poor, since he drinks/gamblies/smokes that gold away anyway). And yes, that adventuring stuff does impress the gallies. ;)
Will get him stated out soon!
[/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
A few notes:

Krug:

[sblock]Ah! Gambling debt is a good reason. Although, if he's in it mostly for the gold, then he will want to get paid, and the reward is only offered to "professionals." He could easily offer his help in return for the money, though, and be treated as one of the professionals, even though he's essentially a local. Does that make sense? Basically, make him as your choice of professional or local, but if you make him a local, lower his money by 300 gold, and then add 300 gold that he would have just gotten (as the professionals). Am I making any sense?[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler:

[sblock]WHOOPS! My bad. I forgot Lars is human, so he actually has even MORE skill points to spend. He gets 4 extra at level one and one extra for each other level, so he has 7 skill points left to spend. Spend them how you like, but remember that Barbarians do have several physical kind of skills to choose from, too. Also, his Battleaxe damage is 1d8 +4, not +6--oops. Other than that, he looks ready to go. I think you did the right thing getting magic armor and a couple potions. Looks good.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ok, this should be it then:

[sblock]

Lars Grimhelm, Male Human Exp2/Bbn2: Medium Humanoid ;
HD 2d6+4 ( Expert) , 2d12+4 ( Barbarian) ;
hp 38; Init + 0; Spd 40;
AC 16 (Flatfooted: 16 Touch: 10);
Atk +7 base melee, +3 base ranged;
+8 ( 1d12+4, Greataxe, Masterwork );
+7 ( 1d8+4, Battleaxe )

God: Moradin, the Dwarven God

Languages: Common and Dwarven

AL CG; SV Fort + 5, Ref + 0, Will + 2;

STR 18 (+4 to attack/damage)
DEX 10
CON 15 (+2 to hps)
INT 8 (-1 penalty to skill pts/level)
WIS 8 (-1 penalty to Will saves)
CHA 14 (+2 bonus)

Skills: Craft (Armorsmithing) + 2, Craft (Blacksmithing) + 2,
Craft (Weaponsmithing) + 2, Profession (Armorsmith) + 3, Profession (Blacksmith) + 3, Profession (Miner) + 1, Profession (Weaponsmith) + 3, Profession (Woodcutter) + 1,
Survival +2, Local Area Knowledge +4, Intimidate +5, Climb +5, Swim +5, Jump +6.

Feats: Cleave, Power Attack.

Class Abilities: +10 movement, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day for 7 rounds, Uncanny Dodge

Possessions:
Weapons: Greataxe, Masterwork; Battleaxe.

Armor: Magic Breastplate +1. Custom made dwarven, horned helmet.

Goods: Backpack; Small sack full of hay; Lantern, bullseye; Rope, hemp (50 ft.); Whetstone; Waterskin (full); Flint and steel; Oil (pint); Oil (pint); Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds; 2 Oils of Bless Weapon

During one goblin raid, Lars' blacksmith father and his mother were killed, leaving the boy homeless. The local dwarven community took him in as one of their own, teaching them the ways of metal, fighting with an axe, and song. Unfortunately, Lars never fit in with either the dwarves or humans, and often finds himself culturally confused.

Lars looks and acts in a similar way to the vikings of old, drinking heavily, bathing rarely, and making a loud nuisance out of himself. He is good-natured, though, and despite his social awkwardness people tend to enjoy being around him. Or somewhat near him, as the 6 foot and 2 inch, 195 pound, red hair and bearded man needs to take a bath sometime.

[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Gray Shade said:
Sure, Fenris. I'm taking submissions through next week so feel free to drop a guy off. Woodsman could work well.

Great Gray Shade. I am actually think of a skald type now. Expert 2, Barbarian 1, Bard 1. I would like to use the Savage Bard variant in Unearthed Arcana if I may. I will put him up later. I am very excited about this game.

Remove ads