D&D 5E Dark Fairytale OOC [Closed]

Azurewraith

Explorer
I personally think it would be a great idea having characters with some involvement with each other, you two should work together to figure out the finer details. I'm.around if you want to run anything by me.

What I have so far. Need to work on my background.

Name: Kaleth Silvanis
Race: Half-elf
Class: Mystic (Order of the Awakened) 4
Background: Hermit
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Experience: 900

ABILITIES
Strength: 13 (+1)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 18 (+4)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 15 (+2)

AC: 17 (Inertial Armor)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft
HP: 26
Hit Dice: 3 d8
Proficiency Bonus: +2

OFFENSE:
Spear (Forged In Holy Water)
to-hit: +3 Damage: 1d6+1

Dagger (Silvered)
to-hit:+5 Damage 1d4+3

SAVES:
Intelligence, Wisdom

SKILLS:
[sblock]

*=Proficiencies
**=Expertise

Acrobatics: +3
Animal Handling: +2
*Arcana: +6
Athletics: +1
*Deception: +4
History: +4
*Insight: +4
Intimidation: +2
*Investigation: +6
*Medicine: +4
Nature: +4
*Perception: +4
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2
*Religion: +6
Sleight of Hand: +3
*Stealth: +5
Survival: +2
[/sblock]

Passive Perception: 14

PROFICIENCIES AND LANGUAGES
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan, Draconic
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons
Tools: Herbalism kit

FEATURES AND TRAITS:

Feats:

Race:
Half-Elf (+2 Charisma and +1 to two other ability scores of my choice)
Darkvision 60 ft
Skill Versatility: I gain proficiency in two skills of my choice.
Background:
Feature: Discovery
The quiet seclusion of my extended hermitage gave me access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact nature of this revelation depends on the nature of my seclusion. It might be a great truth, a hidden site, a long forgotten fact, or unearthed some relic of the past that could rewrite history.
Class:
[sblock]

Psionics
Psi Points: 14
Psi Limit: 3

Mystical Recovery:

Starting at 2nd level, you can draw vigor from the psi energy you use to power your psionic disciplines. Immediately after you spend psi points on a psionic discipline, you can take a bonus action to regain hit points equal to the number of psi points you spent.

Telepathy:

At 2nd level, your mind awakens to the ability to communicate via telepathy. You can telepathically speak to any creature you can see within 120 feet of you in this manner. You don’t need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic messages, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language or be telepathic itself.
Mystic Order (Order of the Awakened)

Bonus Disciplines:

At 1st level, you learn two additional psionic disciplines of your choice. They must be chosen from among the Awakened disciplines.

Awakened Talent:

At 1st level, you gain proficiency with two of the following skills of your choice: Animal Handling, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Perception, and Persuasion.

Psionic Investigation:

Starting at 3rd level, you can focus your mind to read the psionic imprint left on an object. If you hold an object and concentrate on it for 10 minutes (as if concentrating on a psionic discipline), you learn a few basic facts about it. You gain a mental image from the object’s point of view, showing the last creature to hold the object within the past 24 hours. You also learn of any events that have occurred within 20 feet of the object within the past hour. The events you perceive unfold from the object’s perspective. You see and hear such events as if you were there, but can’t use other senses. Additionally, you can embed an intangible psionic sensor within the object. For the next 24 hours, you can use an action to learn the object’s location relative to you (its distance and direction) and to look at the object’s surroundings from its point of view as if you were there. This perception lasts until the start of your next turn. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
[/sblock]

EQUIPMENT
[sblock]
Explorer’s Pack
- Bedroll
- Mess kit
- Tinderbox
- Torches
- Rations, 10
- Waterskin
- Silk rope, 50 feet
Winter blanket
Herbalism kit
Common clothes
Traveler’s clothes
Scroll case with notes
Potion of Healing x 4
188 gp
[/sblock]

DESCRIPTION
Height: 5’ 9
Weight: 153 lbs
Eyes: Green
Skin:
Hair: Black
Description: Wears a polished blank steal mask. The only opening in th mask are eye holes which are covered in a thin black mesh.

Talents: (Save DC: 14)
[sblock]
Mystic Charm:
As an action, you beguile one humanoid you can see within 120 feet of you. The target must succeed on a Charisma saving throw or be charmed by you until the end of your next turn.

Mind Thrust:
As an action, you target one creature you can see within 120 feet of you. The target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw or take 1d10 psychic damage. The talent’s damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10).
[/sblock]

Disciplines: (Save DC: 14)
[sblock]
Psychic Assault: (Awakened Discipline)
You wield your mind like a weapon, unleashing salvos of psionic energy.

Psychic Focus: While focused on this discipline, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with psionic talents that deal psychic damage.

Psionic Blast: (1–7 psi):
As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target takes 1d8 psychic damage per psi point spent on this ability.

Ego Whip (3 psi):
As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d8 psychic damage, and it is filled with self-doubt, leaving it able to use its action on its next turn only to take the Dodge, Disengage, or Hide action. On a successful saving throw, it takes half as much damage.

Id Insinuation (5 psi):
As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 5d8 psychic damage, and it goes into a fury, as its id runs rampant. On its next turn, it can use its action only to take the Dodge or Attack action. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

Psychic Blast (6 psi):
As an action, you unleash devastating psychic energy in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw, taking 8d8 psychic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. You can increase the damage by 2d8 if you spend 1 more psi point on this ability.

Psychic Crush (7 psi):
As an action, you create a 20-foot cube of psychic energy within 120 feet of you. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, a target takes 8d8 psychic damage and is stunned until the end of your next turn. On a successful save, a target takes half as much damage.

Psychic Inquisition: (Awakened Discipline)

You reach into a creature’s mind to uncover information or plant ideas within it.

Psychic Focus: While focused on this discipline, you know when a creature communicating with you via telepathy is lying.

Hammer of Inquisition (1–7 psi):
As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d10 psychic damage per psi point spent and suffers disadvantage on its next Wisdom saving throw before the end of your next turn. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

Forceful Query (2 psi):
As an action, you ask a question of one creature that can see and hear you within 30 feet of you. The question must be phrased so that it can be answered with a yes or no, otherwise this ability fails. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw, or it replies with a truthful answer. A creature is immune to this ability if it is immune to being charmed.

Ransack Mind (5 psi; conc., 1 hr.):
While you concentrate on this ability, you probe one creature’s mind. The creature must remain within 30 feet of you, and you must be able to see it. If you reach the ability’s full duration, the target must make three Intelligence saving throws, and you learn information from it based on the number of saving throws it fails. With one failed saving throw, you learn its key memories from the past 12 hours. With two failed saving throws, you learn its key memories from the past 24 hours. With three failed saving throws, you learn its key memories from the past 48 hours.

Phantom Idea (6 psi; conc., 1 hr.):
While you concentrate on this ability, you probe one creature’s mind. The creature must remain within 30 feet of you, and you must be able to see it. If you reach the ability’s full duration, the target must make three Intelligence saving throws, and you plant a memory or an idea in it, which lasts for a number of hours based on the number of saving throws it fails. You choose whether the idea or memory is trivial (such as “I had porridge for breakfast” or “Ale is the worst”) or personality-defining (“I failed to save my village from orc marauders and am therefore a coward” or “Magic is a scourge, so I renounce it”).

With one failed saving throw, the idea or memory lasts for the next 4 hours. With two failed saving throws, it lasts for 24 hours. With three failed saving throws, it lasts for 48 hours.

Mastery of Force: (Wu Jen Discipline)

As a student of psionic power, you perceive the potential energy that flows through all things. You reach out with your mind, transforming the potential into the actual. Objects and creatures move at your command.

Psychic Focus: While focused on this discipline, you have advantage on Strength checks.

Push (1–7 psi):
As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d8 force damage per psi point spent and is pushed up to 5 feet per point spent in a straight line away from you. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

Move (2–7 psi):
Choose one object you can see within 60 feet of you that isn’t being worn or carried by another creature and that isn’t secured in place. It can’t be larger than 20 feet on a side, and its maximum weight depends on the psi points spent on this ability, as shown below. As an action, you move the object up to 60 feet, and you must keep the object within sight during this movement. If the object ends this movement in the air, it falls. If the object would fall on a creature, the creature must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or take damage as listed on the table below.

Psi Maximum Weight Damage
2 25 lbs. 2d6
3 50 lbs. 4d6
5 250 lbs. 6d6
6 500 lbs. 7d6
7 1,000 lbs. 8d6

Inertial Armor (2 psi):
As an action, you sheathe yourself in an intangible field of magical force. For 8 hours, your base AC is 14 + your Dexterity modifier, and you gain resistance to force damage. This effect ends if you are wearing or don armor.

Telekinetic Barrier (3 psi; conc., 10 min.):
As an action, you create a transparent wall of telekinetic energy, at least one portion of which must be within 60 feet of you. The wall is 40 feet long, 10 feet high, and 1 inch thick. The wall lasts until your concentration ends. Each 10-foot section of the wall has an AC of 10 and 10 hit points.

Grasp (3 psi; conc., 1 min.):
You attempt to grasp a creature in telekinetic energy and hold it captive. As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be grappled by you until your concentration ends or until the target leaves your reach, which is 60 feet for this grapple. The grappled target can escape by succeeding on a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check contested by your psionic ability plus your proficiency bonus. When a target attempts to escape in this way, you can spend psi points to boost your check, abiding by your psi limit. You gain a +1 bonus per psi point spent. While a target is grappled in this manner, you create one of the following effects as an action:

Crush (1–7 psi):
The target takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage per psi point spent.

Move (1–7 psi):
You move the target up to 5 feet per psi point spent. You can move it in the air and hold it there. It falls if the grapple ends.

Telepathic Contact: (Awakened Discipline)
By channeling psionic power, you gain the ability to control other creatures by substituting your will for their own.

Psychic Focus: While focused on this discipline, you gain the ability to use your Telepathy class feature with up to six creatures at once. If you don’t have that feature from the mystic class, you instead gain it while focused on this discipline.

Exacting Query (2 psi):
As an action, you target one creature you can communicate with via telepathy. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the target truthfully answers one question you ask it via telepathy. On a successful save, the target is unaffected, and you can’t use this ability on it again until you finish a long rest. A creature is immune to this ability if it is immune to being charmed.

Occluded Mind (2 psi):
As an action, you target one creature you can communicate with via telepathy. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the target believes one statement of your choice for the next 5 minutes that you communicate to it via telepathy. The statement can be up to ten words long, and it must describe you or a creature or an object the target can see. On a successful save, the target is unaffected, and you can’t use this ability on it again until you finish a long rest. A creature is immune to this ability if it is immune to being charmed.

Broken Will (5 psi):
As an action, you target one creature you can communicate with via telepathy. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, you choose the target’s movement and action on its next turn. On a successful save, the target is unaffected, and you can’t use this ability on it again until you finish a long rest. A creature is immune to this ability if it is immune to being charmed.

Psychic Grip (6 psi; conc., 1 min.):
As an action, you target one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw, or it is paralyzed until your concentration ends. At the end of each of its turns, it can repeat the saving throw. On a success, this effect ends. On a failure, you can use your reaction to force the target to move up to half its speed, even though it’s paralyzed.

Psychic Domination (7 psi; conc., 1 min.):
As an action, you target one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw, or you choose the creature’s actions and movement on its turns until your concentration ends. At the end of each of its turns, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success. A creature is immune to this ability if it is immune to being charmed. [/sblock]

Personality Traits: I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster.
Ideals: Free Thinking: Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress. (Chaotic)
Bonds: My isolation gave me great insight into a great evil that only I can destroy.
Flaws: I'd risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge.
BACKGROUND

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
I have some ideas just wanted to get the basics up. I also need to finalize equipment though not much I need.
Ok cool its just dawned on me I never actually listed what weapons forged in holy water did, shame on me. If you score a killing blow against the unfeasible with one they die, no returning at 1hp, turning into smoke, etc they die.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ok once [MENTION=6805147]River Song[/MENTION] gets a character up where good to go.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] when you get a sec could you copy pasta his lordship across to the RG thread(link is a couple posts back at work so not got a fresh link handy)
[MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] I'm assuming you paid for the silvering of that dagger

Remove ads