Dark Heresy FOR THE EMPEROR!!! OOC thread - always recruiting, give a shout

jkason

First Post
[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] : crunchwise : psynescience doesn't open your characters mind to attacks, which is something he knows. fluffwise i can imagine Zhent not being the most confident of people right now.

Yeah, I wasn't sure, but figured, as you say, that the whole experience of near-possession probably has Zhent extra jittery about any interaction with The Warp, so erring on the side of caution might be useful. Out of curiosity, does using his powers open him up in any special way? It doesn't appear so from the rules, but should probably check now rather than when he actually needs a power. :)

DrZombie

First Post
Yes it does in general. It's represented gameswise with the psychic fenomena table, which you might have to roll on every time you use a power, which gets more dangerous the more power you use and which can result in a demon prince crawling out of your head and destroying the planet you're on. I hope that makes everybody feel comfortable with your character.

Does it open you to the entity in the box? You don't really know in game :devil:

Sorry if I'm a bit pedantic, I just haven't got a clue how much you know about 40K. Any of you read any books lately ? :)

jkason

First Post
Gotcha. And am now wonderfully creeped out by my own character, lol.

I haven't read any novels set in 40k, if that's what you mean? I have the dark heresy rulebook, which I didn't do a cover-to-cover read on so much as I've been referencing relevant rules as I need to do something. I find I learn them better that way; I almost never remember rules content I'm not putting into practice.

DrZombie

First Post
Hee hee

The sad part is that I'm aware of how tech is 'understood' in 40k. It's just stored in a separate 'box' in my brain from Kestrel, so I didn't connect the two. And, I suppose, sometimes it's tricky to know what tech is commonplace (guns, trains, cyborgs) versus what tech is not (computers, security cameras, etc). I mean, just knowing that tech is superstitious doesn't really specify what kind of tech is still in frequent use. Kestrel might know to watch out for "magic goblin lenses" instead of cameras, but for the purposes of narrative they're still cameras. :)

That said, thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll ask before posting if I'm not sure about something in the future. Since my envisioning of Kes is kind of ninja-spyish, I may need to check fairly frequently to see what kind of devices exist, and what countermeasures exist...that she's aware of.

If you should get your paws on this book you should look at pp151-160, and the rest as well, 's a very dark but very very cool book.
She'd recognise one (a camera) if she'd see it, unless it's xenos make or very cleverly hidden or disguised, and she's paranoid enough to look for 'em as well come to think of it.
Let's just say she's on the lookout for evrything :)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Most of the fluff I've gotten on the 'verse has come from reading the Codices and playing with people who know more.
IMP GUARD FTW!

DrZombie

First Post
I've updated the IC first post with a who's who and where's where, since I got tired of scrolling through all the IC stuff to find a name of an NPC/location.

Cheers,
DrZ.

muggie2

First Post
Hehehe, I have the feeling Brutis may have thought of Trix as nutty in a dizzy fashion in their first meeting. Right now, he's probably coming round to what I assume is the Kincaid version of the view on Trix: nutty, dizzy, and more than a little scary. All in rapid succession. But potentially quite effective. :)

DrZombie

First Post
hey lads/ladies,

We either gonna get trix joining up with the rest of the group before or after a visit to the emporium. If anyone contacted kincaid before heading in (which would be kinda logical) it wouldn't be a problem.

I could solve this with a quick intermezzo of the group meeting up near the warehouse, does that sound ok?

Remove ads