• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Tides, Cold Steel

Bront

The man with the probe
Zandrick gets an early start to the day, stretching a bit, and then testing his balance on the wagon as he waits for the others to awaken. After a quick breakfast, he's ready to continue.

Gomez

First Post
Traveling the rest of the day is uneventful. Though the skys begin to clear and it is nice to feel the sun shine on your faces. As it approaches nightfall you come to a small village.

Bobitron

Explorer
Kira's eyes brighten at the prospect of spending the night in a warm bed. "You think we could sleep here instead of under the wagon this time?," she asks with hope. "I'll pay for the rooms!"

Bront

The man with the probe
"I don't see why not." Zandrick replies, a bit road weary himself. "It's getting close to time to camp anyway, and a fresh meal sounds much better than a dry ration."

Gez

First Post
« Yes, we should always enjoy comfort when the opportunity presents itself. While I'm not sure these little countryside towns may offer the finest beds, a warm fire shouldn't be hard to come by. »

Gomez

First Post
You spend the night in a dry bed and eat a warm meal. Quite refreshing compared to last night. After a breakfast of bread, cheese, and hard-boiled eggs you continue on your journey.

The road starts to wind up into some low wooded hills with scattered wide meadows and ice-cold streams. The weather warms up during the day and you are doing better time as the roads begin to dry out.

The farms and ranches become fewer and farther between. About an hour or two after mid-day you come to a fork in the road. An older worn path leads the left and a newer wider path goes to the left. Of to the right about 20 feet away you see a farmer asleep against a tree with two cows eating grass near him. He looks to be in his late 40's with a straw hat pulled over his head. A lit pipe sits in his lap.

Gez

First Post
« Hello, my good man! Maybe you can help us, we're looking for directions. Where do both of these paths lead? »

Gomez

First Post
Gez said:
« Hello, my good man! Maybe you can help us, we're looking for directions. Where do both of these paths lead? »

The farmer looks up and then stands up. "Greeting to ya sirs and lady!" He gives a slight bow to Kira. He then looks at the two paths. "The right path winds east and then north again around Old Beacon Top and Silver Leaf Hill then on to Brookhollow village, and the northern road. The left path isn't used anymore."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads