• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darksun Killer In Ravenloft PT I

dead_radish

Explorer
Tallask is still worried, but doesn't want to kill someone that isn't trying to do him in. "I tell you, I am not even a native of this place - the sewers brought me to this place. I only want to leave."

He is still tensed, and almost unconciously activates Animal Affinity, his features changing to a much more graceful and feral form (Dexterity) momentarily.

dead_radish said:
Tallask is still worried, but doesn't want to kill someone that isn't trying to do him in. "I tell you, I am not even a native of this place - the sewers brought me to this place. I only want to leave."

He is still tensed, and almost unconciously activates Animal Affinity, his features changing to a much more graceful and feral form (Dexterity) momentarily.

The creature flips back his head and pours the fluid onto his face and mostly into his mouth. He begins to scream in pain and agony and with your horror- he impales himself completely. He has poured a powerful acid onto himself and into his system. He is quite dead and hard to identify.

Within a few moments all that remains are the arms and legs.

Your spear has become pitted from the acid (enhanced perhaps?).

Actions?

Jarval

Explorer
"If it is magical in nature, then it is in all likelihood beyond the power to the ring to soothe. We will find you a reputable healer when we are finished her, if you feel no further ill effects from your wounds?"

This said, Odten looks around the now lighter basement, stopping when he sees the outline of what may be a door.

"Ah, now, be careful down here." Ignoring Socrates' scowl at these words, he continues. "In my reality, this house was located atop a vault sealed by powerful magics. If the house has survived the transferal intact, the vault and its warding spells may also have made the transition."

silvertable81

First Post
OOC; I can't seem to access the last page of the thread, so I may be going on old information. Also, I set the thread to send me reminders so I won't miss this much, but it don't seem to want to do that anymore.

Jayde climbs, slowly down the ladder (Take 20) When she gets to the bottom, she pulls her Dojre of Lesser Body Adjustment from her pouch, touching it to Socrates' wounds she wills the power out of it.
"I'm sorry Socrates, my abilities are less battle worthy than your little friend, but as they say a place for everyone, and everyone in their place. Plus 'Spiders?!?' ugh! You must be kidding, spiders."

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: 30+ pages means it might be time to think about a part II thread, I think.

Tallask curses a long and vulgar string of obscenities, and quickly tries to wipe the acid off his spear with anything that might be lying around, then considers it carefully, trying to determine whether it is still usable, or whether the structure has been weakened.

He then shakes his head, and turns back towards the burdo house, moving quickly, but not at a run.

Velmont

First Post
OCC: No problem with a new thread.

"Well, the only way to know if it is trap by mechanisms or magic, it is to look for one or simply opening it. Any one of you have such skills?" say Adament looking at his two new 'companion'

Jarval

Explorer
I must take the risk, if we are ever going to get home.

"I can find any magical emanations around here, if I try." Odten turns his back to his companions and quickly invokes a detect magic spell. This done, he scans the basement, looking for any sign of the potent energy he'd witnessed back in his own Kalidnay.

Jarval said:
I must take the risk, if we are ever going to get home.

"I can find any magical emanations around here, if I try." Odten turns his back to his companions and quickly invokes a detect magic spell. This done, he scans the basement, looking for any sign of the potent energy he'd witnessed back in his own Kalidnay.

Damn your eyes! Errr sorry

Yes, strong magic still wards this secret door though it seems much weaker than you remember it being. The place in general has a bit of magic throughout it.

Remove ads