Dawnforge Campaign - The True Kings - Calling my Active Players!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok Rystil, I have two things.

One, I know it doesn't say this in the books, but then again you know as well as I that the books are riddled with errors; the racial talent (or transformation, I forget) Embracing the Taint is clearly a prerequisite for Becoming the Taint. Really, you know it is too. I just never really have time to fine-comb the character sheets, but I was looking through yours and I saw that. Oh, and you took the power Astral Construct with your Expanded Knowledge feat, but I didn't see it on your powers known list.

Thirdly (I lied, there were three things), I think you get to pick if you want to look like either a Trueborn, Lowlander, Saltblood, or Tiefling. Once you pick, you can't change, because there are some fairly fundemental changes inbetween the four peoples. However, feel free to make full use of the Disguise skill and any powers you have to conceal your appearance, if you choose to look like a Trueborn.

doghead

thotd
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I'm working on it, I swear! I was busy getting a new job and then doing yardwork... we had to yank up a bunch of plants and then clean out the gutters because my house is getting painted!

And, on a happy note, I've gotten a job at a large local aluminium plant, one that pays very well. This will mean I get to quit my other two jobs, and possibly go back to working 40 hours a week instead of 57. I don't know what my schedule is going to be though, but for the first two weeks of safety training/orientation I will be on a normal 8-hour schedule. If I can't get a post up by this Sunday the 23rd (for both my games), I will certainly do so by Thursday.

Congratulations on the new job. And I know what you mean about housework. I am currently in the middle of renovating a house at the moment. Actually, right now I really should be painting the entry area. Painting the outside of the house can wait until summer.

thotd

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Heh. I'm getting the house painted and the windows replaced finally (through a long and somewhat comlicated series of events, these are being paid for by the previous owner, a friend of the family, and the price added on to my new morgage), but getting simple things like the dishes washed and the laundry done are proving difficult. If it weren't averaging 100 degrees F every day I'd be more inclined to do more than sit around in the AC after work. Stupid weather.

doghead

thotd
I ended up rebuilding two of the windows in the house. Replacing them with would have cost anywhere between a one and a half thousand dollars for second hand frames (which would have required work assuming wed could have found ones that fit) to several thousand dollars for custom windows. Off the rack windows were not really an option, as all the standard window sizes are now different.

Still, I wouldn't mind a little of that heat down here.

Anyways, off to do the painting.

thotd

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ok Rystil, I have two things.

One, I know it doesn't say this in the books, but then again you know as well as I that the books are riddled with errors; the racial talent (or transformation, I forget) Embracing the Taint is clearly a prerequisite for Becoming the Taint. Really, you know it is too. I just never really have time to fine-comb the character sheets, but I was looking through yours and I saw that. Oh, and you took the power Astral Construct with your Expanded Knowledge feat, but I didn't see it on your powers known list.

Thirdly (I lied, there were three things), I think you get to pick if you want to look like either a Trueborn, Lowlander, Saltblood, or Tiefling. Once you pick, you can't change, because there are some fairly fundemental changes inbetween the four peoples. However, feel free to make full use of the Disguise skill and any powers you have to conceal your appearance, if you choose to look like a Trueborn.
Oops, thanks for picking up on the Astral Construct! As for Embracing the Taint, I'm 98% sure that it isn't a prerequisite--those two are parallel choices. If you want to keep your bite or natural armour, you take Embracing and get a +4 to Disguise, and if you don't mind losing all those transforms (or never gaining them), you take Becoming. At least that's how I read it. That said, it wouldn't be unreasonable to enforce the prereq if you wanted, I guess.

For the last thing--I totally agree that yours is a possible and equally viable reading, that's why I asked. On second thought, I should have asked much more insistently since I knew you were busy at the time, so I'd like to apologise for not doing that. My reading was that he could pass for any sort of human (or elf if I had picked that one), possibly because the Taint suffusing through him changes his body to make it seem correct, but I totally understand the 'pick one' reading too, and I'm happy to take that also, no problem. Since Ssiran does not have the Disguise skill, his plan was not to come if that reading wasn't correct (which is one reason why he originally was going with Thunder). Can I retcon him as staying with the thunder, then, though?

Congrats on the new job! :)

G

Guest 11456

New & Improved Dawnforge Race Primer

This primer incorporates all talents and transformations from both the Dawnforge campaign setting and the Age of Legend suppliment.

[sblock]Races

Basics
[sblock=Basics]
Code:
Racial
Level		Special
1		Racial talent, racial traits
2		Racial transformation
3		Racial talent, +2 first ability
4		Racial transformation
5		Racial talent, +2 second ability
6		Racial transformation
7		Racial talent, +2 third ability
8		Racial transformation
9		Racial talent, +2 fourth ability
10		Racial transformation

Doppleganger – Dex, Cha, Int, Con
Dwarf – Con, Str, Con, Wis
Elf, Dawn – Int, Dex, Cha, Dex
Elf, Ghost – Dex, Con, Str, Wis
Elf, Moon – Int, Cha, Int, Dex
Elf, Night – Int, Dex, Cha, Dex
Elf, Wood – Str, Dex, Wis, Dex
Gnome – Con, Wis, Cha, Wis
Halfling – Con, Cha, Dex, Cha
Human, Highlander – Con, Dex, Wis, Dex
Human, Lowlander – Con, Str, Wis, Con
Human, Saltblood – Con, Str, Dex, Con
Human, Trueborn – Con, Wis, Cha, Str
Lizardfolk – Con, Wis, Dex, Str
Minotaur – Str, Con, Str, Wis
Ogre – Con, Con, Str, Wis
Orc – Con, Wis, Str, Con
Forest Wight – Dex, Str, Int, Str
Tiefling – Con, Int, Str, Cha
Thinblood – Con, Wis, Int, Cha

Racial Talents
Characters may choose one racial talent at 1st level and every odd level thereafter (3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th). The character must meet all the prerequisites of the selected racial talent, if any.

Racial Transformations
Characters may choose one racial transformation at 2nd level and every even level thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th). The character must meet all the prerequisites of the selected racial transformation, if any.[/sblock]
[sblock=Races]Doppelganger
[sblock=Doppleganger]Doppelganger Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Con, –2 Str.
• Medium.
• Doppelganger base land speed is 30 feet.
• Low-Light Vision.
• +4 bonus on all Bluff checks.
• +4 bonus on Fortitude saves versus poison and disease. Poisons crafted specifically to defeat a doppelganger negate this bonus, do not work on any other creatures, and have a market value of five times normal.
• Cultural Influences: A doppelganger can choose any base racial trait of his chosen alternate form that confers either a skill bonus (or multiple bonuses) or attack bonus. So, the doppelganger could choose the bonus to Listen, Search, and Spot checks granted to dawn elves, or the bonus on attack and damage rolls with axes and hammers granted to dwarves. The doppelganger may also choose the race’s Weapon Familiarity as his cultural influence. If his chosen race does not have any qualifying traits, he gains a +2 bonus to Spot checks.
• Alternate Form: Although the doppelgangers are shapeshifters, they are not born with the ability to assume any form they wish. Most doppelgangers only gain the ability to shift into a single form. They can assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid creature. Most doppelgangers learn to assume the shape of the dominant race in the area in which they are born, often learning the technique from a parent who wishes them to lead normal lives among their adopted people. Although the doppelganger can appear to be wearing any clothing or armor when he changes, the transformation has no effect on the character’s ability scores, natural armor, or special abilities. If the doppelganger changes size, however, he does adjust his attack bonus and AC accordingly.
Changing forms in this way requires a full-round action, and the doppelganger can transform in this manner as often as he wishes. This is a supernatural ability, and the doppelganger gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks when using it.
• Restricted Skills: Doppelgangers may never gain ranks in Decipher Script or become literate in any of the languages they speak.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Doppelganger. Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
• Favored Class: Rogue.[/sblock]
Doppelganger Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Alternate Form
Deception
Emergency Stabilizing
Form Mastery
Improvised Equipment
Mimic Age and Gender
Mimic Mannerisms
Mimic Voice
Quick Form
Rapid Sealing
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Doppelganger Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Change Shape
Crafting with Blood
Darkvision
Detect Thoughts
Monstrous Humanoid
Natural Armor
Shape of Dreams
Shape of Nightmare
Steal Memories
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills
Unusual Physiology[/sblock][/sblock]
Dwarf
[sblock=Dwarf]Dwarf Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Constitution, –2 Dexterity.
• Medium.
• Dwarves’ base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
• +2 bonus on all Knowledge (engineering) checks and Craft checks related to machines.
• Low-Light Vision.
• +1 racial bonus on all attack and damage rolls with axes and hammers.
• Stability: Dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
• Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven exotic weapons as martial weapons.
• +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
• Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Clan Speech, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Stone-speak, and Terran.
• Favored Class: Fighter.[/sblock]
Dwarf Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Craft Magic Arms and Armor I
Craft Magic Arms and Armor II
Divine Mastery
Elemental Empathy
Giant Fighter
Identify Magic Arms and Armor
Master of the Underbeasts
Sabotage
Stone Brother
Subterranean Empathy
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Underbeast Empathy
Voice of Stone and Flame[/sblock]
Dwarf Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Damage Reduction
Darkvision
Fast Healing
Fire Resistance
Improved Climber
Tremorsense
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills[/sblock][/sblock]
Elf, Dawn
[sblock=Dawn Elf]Dawn Elf Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
• Medium.
• Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
• Immunity to magic sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against Enchantment spells and effects.
• Low-Light Vision.
• Weapon Familiarity: Elves may treat elven exotic weapons as martial weapons.
• +1 racial bonus on all attack rolls with longbows (including composite longbows) and shortbows (including composite shortbows).
• +1 racial bonus on all Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
• Spell Immunity: Elf characters choose one arcane spell at 1st level. They are immune to the effects of the chosen spell.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Gnome, and Sylvan.
• Favored Class: Wizard.[/sblock]
Dawn Elf Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Arcane Mastery
Call to Battle
Dance of Shadows
Dance of Storm Winds
Dance of the Endless Journey
Dance of the Starlit River
Dawn Dance
Lesser Spellcasting I
Lesser Spellcasting II
Spirit of Dawn
Song of Glory
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Twilight Dance
Urging of the Light
Voice of the Woodlands
Woodland Fighting
Words of Exhortation[/sblock]
Dawn Elf Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Ageless
Bitter Harvest
Burning Bright
Elfsight
Improved Spell Immunity
Touch of Frost
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills
Wild Empathy
Visions of the Spirit[/sblock][/sblock]
Elf, Ghost
[sblock=Ghost Elf]Ghost Elf Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Dex, –2 Con.
• Medium.
• Ghost elf base land speed is 30 ft. They also have a climb speed of 15 ft.
• Cold Tolerance: Ghost elves never suffer non-lethal damage from cold temperatures and conditions.
• Low-light Vision.
• Weapon Familiarity: Ghost elves may treat elven exotic weapons as martial weapons.
• +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with spears, slings, and bows.
• Automatic Languages: Elven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Goblin, Orc.
• Favored Class: Ranger.[/sblock]
Ghost Elf Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Blessing of Life
Catch the Winds
Dance of the Return
One Elf Alone
Songs of the Mist
Spear forged from Hope
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Ghost Elf Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Eye of the Storm
Hands of Ice
Heart of the Mists
Memories from Better Days
Mistwalker
Snowblooded
Transformation Feats
Elf, Moon
[sblock=Moon Elf]Moon Elf Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Cha, +2 Dex, –2 Con, –2 Wis.
• Medium.
• Moon elf base land speed is 30 ft.
• Immunity to magic sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against Enchantment spells and effects.
• Low-light vision.
• Four extra skill points at 1st level and one extra skill point at each additional level. These skill points must be spent on Knowledge skills.
• Weapon Familiarity: Moon elves may treat elven exotic weapons as martial weapons.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Elven; Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Gnome, and Sylvan
• Favored Class: Bard.[/sblock]
Moon Elf Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Perfect Memory
Songs of the Moon
Songs of the Stars
Songs of the Sun
Stories of the Future
Stories of the Past
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Moon Elf Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Body of the Moon
Eyes of the Stars
Face of the Sun
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills
Weave Moonlight
Weave Starlight
Weave Sunlight[/sblock][/sblock]
Elf, Night
[sblock=Night Elf]Night Elf Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Dex, –2 Con.
• Medium.
• Night elf base land speed is 30 feet.
• Low-Light Vision.
• +2 racial bonus on all saves versus spells and spell-like abilities.
• Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, faerie fire. Caster level is equal to character level.
• Spell Resistance: Night elves have an innate resistance to magic that grants them spell resistance equal to their character level.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Gnome, Sylvan, and Abyssal (disciples of Lathail only).
• Favored Class: Rogue.[/sblock]
Night Elf Racial Talents
Rites of Blood
Rites of Darkness
Rites of Fury
Rites of the Hunt
Shadow Jump
Songs of Armorcrafting
Songs of Bladecrafting
Songs of Making
Songs of Mending
Spider’s Bite
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Unusual Stealth[/sblock]
Night Elf Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Bleed Black Waters
Darkvision
Dream of the Light
Drink the Darkness
Full Spell Resistance
Hunter’s Hope
Minor Spell Resistance
Moderate Spell Resistance
Taste the Shadow
Transformation Feats
Elf, Wood
[sblock=Wood Elf]Wood Elf Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Dex, –2 Str.
• Medium.
• Wood elf base land speed is 30 ft.
• Improved Low-light Vision: A wood elf can see three times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
• Forest Senses: Wood elves receive a +4 bonus to Spot, Listen, and Search skill checks.
• Automatic Languages: Elven, Sylvan; Bonus Languages: Night Elven, Common
• Favored Class: Shaman.[/sblock]
Wood Elf Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Aim is True
Bounty of the Forest
Dance of Falling Leaves
Divine Mastery
Fey Gift I
Fey Gift II
Guests of the Fey
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Wood Elf Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Ears of a Fox
Eyes of a Hawk
Feet of a Cat
Heart of a Bear
Transformation Feats
Gnome
[sblock=Gnome]Gnome Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Wis, +2 Cha, –2 Str.
• Small: As Small creatures, gnomes gain a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks. They must use smaller weapons than humans use and their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
• Gnome base land speed is 20 feet.
• Low-Light Vision.
• +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks.
• +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
• Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat gnome exotic weapons as martial weapons.
• Gnomes do not need to eat or drink, though they sometimes do so for the pleasure of it.
• +1 racial bonus to attack and damage rolls with bludgeoning weapons (including slings).
• Wild Empathy (Ex): A gnome can use body language, vocalizations, and demeanor to improve the attitude of an animal (such as a bear or a giant lizard). This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person (see PHB, Chapter 4: Skills). The gnome rolls 1d20 and adds his character level and Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly. A gnome shaman adds twice his class level to this check (in addition to levels from other classes) to reflect his training as well as his innate connection with animals.
To use wild empathy, the gnome and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
A gnome can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2 (such as a basilisk or a girallon), but he takes a –4 penalty on the check.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Elven, and Sylvan.
• Favored Class: Shaman.[/sblock]
Gnome Racial Talents
Bend before the Wind
Call to Life
Deep Roots
Divine Mastery
Drink the Soil’s Strength
Fey Gift I
Fey Gift II
Flash of Thunder
Friend of the Land
Part like Water
Potion Mastery I
Potion Mastery II
Roots Break the Mountain
Shroud of Leaves
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Voices on the Leaves[/sblock]
Gnome Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Damage Reduction
Fading
Ghosting
Heart of Autumn
Heart of Spring
Heart of Summer
Heart of Winter
Improved Fading
Transformation Feats
Halfling
[sblock=Halfling]Halfling Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Dex, +2 Cha, –2 Str, –2 Wis.
• Small: As Small creatures, halflings gain a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks. They must use smaller weapons than humans use and their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
• Halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
• +2 racial bonus on all Bluff, Perform, and Sleight of Hand checks.
• 1 extra feat at 1st level.
• +1 racial attack bonus with all light weapons (including thrown weapons).
• Weapon Familiarity: Halflings may treat Halfling exotic weapons as martial weapons.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Clan Speech, King’s Tongue, Goblin, and Orc.
• Favored Class: Bard.[/sblock]
Halfling Racial Talents
Captivating Patter
Capture the Essence
Fast Learner
Give a Smile
Heart of the Matter, The
Incredible Luck
Stream of Words
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Weave the Threads[/sblock]
Halfling Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Animal Companion
Good First Impression
Joyous Heart
Quick Feet
Tough as Tree Roots
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills
Unseen Strength[/sblock][/sblock]
Human, Highlander
[sblock=Highlander]Highlander Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Dex, –2 Int, –2 Cha.
• Medium.
• Highlander base land speed is 30 feet.
• 4 extra skill points at 1st level.
• +2 racial bonus on Will saves.
• Clan Honor Code: Characters from the highlands come from one of the region’s many clans, and each warlord establishes an honor code that binds all who follow him. If a character acts against her clan’s honor code (as determined by the DM), she loses her bonus to Will saves, as the verity of purpose that she once knew is shaken.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Clan Speech. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Giant, Goblin, Highland Runic, King’s Tongue, and Orc.
• Favored Class: Barbarian.[/sblock]
Highlander Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Bonded
Clan Favored Weapon
Drive the Body
Elder
Faith
Fast Learner
Hope
Purity of Body
Purity of Heart
Steel
Strength of Stone
Surge of Will
Talent Feats
Voice of the Highlands
Way of Spirit[/sblock]
Highlander Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Disciplined Mind
Fast Movement
Healthy
Lucky
Stable
Skywalker
Thoughtful
Transformation Feats
Human, Lowlander
[sblock=Lowlander]Lowlander Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• Lowlanders gain a +2 bonus to one ability score of the player’s choice and suffer a –2 penalty on one other ability score of the player’s choice.
• Medium.
• Lowlander base land speed is 30 feet.
• +2 racial bonus on all Bluff and Diplomacy checks made to influence a transaction or trade.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Anderlar. Bonus Languages: Any, including Druidic (but not other secret languages).
• Favored Class: Any.[/sblock]
Lowlander Racial Talents
Connected
Divine Mastery
Elnaria
Fast Learner
Group Fighter
Ironwall
Larakis
Riversend
Saranor
Seaward
Stormhaven
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Lowlander Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Black-Eyed
Fast Movement
Gold-Blooded
Great Swimmer
Green Man’s Chosen
Flowers on the Brow
Harvester’s Chosen
Hero’s Son
Roots in the Soil
Strength of Body, Mind, and Spirit
Transformation Feats
Human, Saltblood
[sblock=Saltblood]Saltblood Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Dexterity, –2 Str.
• Medium.
• Saltblood base land speed is 30 feet.
• +4 racial bonus on all Swim checks and a +2 racial bonus on all Use Rope checks.
• +1 circumstance bonus to AC when using a buckler. This bonus stacks with the buckler’s shield bonus. In addition, a saltblood’s shield does not impair his ability to swim. He does not count its weight when attempting a Swim check.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Dorlian. Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Saltblood Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Boisterous
Clever
Danger Sense
Enterprising
Fast Learner
Ignore Pain
Intrepid
Precise
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Saltblood Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Agile
Damage Reduction
Determined
Frugal
Gambler
Hold Breath
Natural Swimmer
Perfect Swimmer
Transformation Feats
Human, Trueborn
[sblock=Trueborn]Trueborn Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Wis, +2 Cha, –2 Dex.
• Medium.
• Trueborn base land speed is 30 feet.
• +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal and Ride checks with horses.
• Automatic Languages: Common and King’s Tongue. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Celestial, Clan Speech, and Valhedrin.
Trueborn Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Bowman
Divine Mastery
Fleet-Footed
Hard Worker
Horse Talker
Horse Trainer
Horse Shield
Ironclad
Lesser Spellcasting I
Lesser Spellcasting II
Mounted Warrior
Natural Rider
Silver-Tongued
Strong Faith
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Trueborn Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Angel Wings
Aura of Good
Darkvision
Defending Soldier
Divine Health
Divine Heritage
Followthrough
Holy Light
Natural Armor
Outsider
Spell Resistance
Staunch
Strength of Conquest
Transformation Feats
Lizardfolk
[sblock=Lizardfolk]Lizardfolk Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Str, –2 Int, –2 Cha.
• Medium.
• Lizardfolk base land speed is 30 feet. Lizardfolk base swim speed is 40 feet. This grants the lizardfolk a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. In addition, they can always take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. Lizardfolk can use the run action while swimming, provided they swim in a straight line.
• +2 racial bonus on all Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks.
• +1 natural bonus to Armor Class.
• Lizardfolk can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to three times their Constitution score.
• Lizardfolk can never gain proficiency with heavy armor, even if it is granted as a class ability.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Lizardfolk Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Fire from Stones
Light in Shadow
Natural Weapon Mastery I
Natural Weapon Mastery II
Natural Weapon Mastery III
Primitive Weapon Mastery
Retrieve Spear
River Racer
Speak though Silence
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Lizardfolk Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Ancestor’s Claws
Breathe Water
Darkvision
Natural Armor
Pounce
Rend
Scent
Thunder Shout
Transformation Feats
Minotaur
[sblock=Minotaur]Minotaur Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Str, +2 Con, –2 Dex, –2 Int, –2 Wis.
• Medium.
• Minotaur base land speed is 30 feet. When a minotaur charges, it may move 2.5 times its base land speed.
• Low-Light Vision.
• +2 bonus on all Spot checks.
• Natural Cunning: A minotaur can never be lost, is never flat-footed, and is immune to maze spells.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Giant. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Clan Speech, Dwarven, Goblin, and Orc.
• Favored Class: Fighter.[/sblock]
Minotaur Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Approach the Line
Bellowing Challenge
Draw the Line
Gore
Lawful Vengeance
Powerful Charge
Punish the Wicked
Robust
Second Wind
Slap the Line
Stamina
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Minotaur Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Darkvision
Eye of the Maze
Guardian Will
Large Size
Mighty Spring
Monstrous Humanoid
Natural Armor
Scent
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills
Word of Honor[/sblock][/sblock]
Ogre
[sblock=Ogre]Ogre Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +4 Str, –2 Dex, –2 Int, –2 Cha.
• Medium.
• Ogre base land speed is 40 feet.
• Low-Light Vision.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Giant. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Clan Speech, Dwarven, Goblin, and Orc.
• Favored Class: Fighter (Stormfells) or Barbarian (wild).[/sblock]
Ogre Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Endure
Favored Weapons
Feat of Strength
Giant’s Arm
Giant’s Hand
Intellectual Curiosity
Keep the Distance
Ox Back
Servant’s Manner
Stony Face
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Unblinking Gaze[/sblock]
Ogre Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Aquatic
Awakening Magic
Body to Mind
Body to Spirit
Body to Will
Darkvision
Flight
Giant
Large Size
Natural Armor
Swimmer
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills
Unbound Spirit[/sblock][/sblock]
Orc
[sblock=Orc]Orc Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Str, –2 Int, –2 Cha.
• Medium.
• Orc base land speed is 40 feet.
• Low-Light Vision.
• Cold tolerance: Orcs never suffer non-lethal damage from cold temperatures and conditions.
• +2 bonus on all Fortitude saves.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Orc. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Clan Speech, Dwarven, Giant, and Goblin.
Orc Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Assess
Awakened Mind
Bigger the Wound the Better, The
Feat of Strength
Orcish Rage
Ready Grip
Sharp Eyes
Sure Feet
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Trusting Ears[/sblock]
Orc Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Blood of Ice
Cave Crawler
Damage Reduction
Darkvision
Fire’s Friend
Frostborn
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills
Wait like Rock
Wolf Run[/sblock][/sblock]
Orc, Forest Wight
[sblock=Forest Wight]Forest Wight Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Str, +2 Con, –2 Wis, –4 Cha.
• Medium.
• Forest wight base land speed is 40 feet.
• Darkvision 60 ft.
• Cold tolerance: Forest wights never suffer non-lethal damage from cold temperatures and conditions.
• +2 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks. Hide and Move Silently are always considered class skills for forest wights.
• +2 to saves vs. energy drain.
• Light sensitivity (Ex): Forest wights are dazzled if exposed to even dim daylight or when within the radius of a daylight spell, and are sickened when exposed to bright sunlight.
• Favored Class: Ranger.[/sblock]
Forest Wight Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Forest Fade
Hawk Swoop
Shadow in Darkness
Shadow Mastery
Talent Feats
Talent Skills[/sblock]
Forest Wight Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Blood of Shadows
Child of Darkness
Faded Spirit
Icy Breath
Trackless Step
Transformation Feats
Tiefling
[sblock=Tiefling]Tiefling Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Dex, +2 Int, +2 Cha, –2 Str, –2 Con.
• Medium.
• Tiefling base land speed is 30 feet.
• +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks.
• Low-Light Vision.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Valhedrin. Bonus Languages: Anderlar, Infernal, King’s Tongue, and Sothren.
• Favored Class: Wizard.[/sblock]
Tiefling Racial Talents
Combat Maneuvers
Covert Casting
Demonic Familiar
Fiendish Frenzy
Generalist
Infernal Gift I
Infernal Gift II
Infernal Resistance
Linguist
Local Specialist
Martial Training
Poisoner
Prophetic Instinct
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Trip and Stab
Whip Fighting[/sblock]
Tiefling Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Claws
Darkvision
Fiendish Form
Fire Resistance
Infernal Presence
Inured to Good
Natural Armor
Outsider
Tail
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills
Wings[/sblock][/sblock]
Yuan-ti, Thinblood
[sblock=Thinblood]Thinblood Racial Traits
[sblock=Traits]• +2 Int, +2 Wis, –2 Str.
• Medium.
• Yuan-ti thinblood base land speed is 30 feet.
• +2 bonus on all Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks.
• Low-Light Vision.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Yuan-ti. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Draconic, and Valhedrin.
• Favored Class: Psion.[/sblock]
Thinblood Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents]Bite Attack
Craft Power Stone
Friendly Advice
Identify Psionic Item
Invisible Psionics
Lesser Psionics I
Lesser Psionics II
Mesmerizing Motions
Poison Bite
Psionic Mastery
Rapport
Silent Slither
Soothing Words
Talent Feats
Talent Skills
Unseen Stillness
Wall Walking[/sblock]
Thinblood Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations]Balancing Tail
Becoming the Taint
Constricting Tail
Darkvision
Embracing the Taint
Improved Grab
Lashing Tail
Natural Armor
Snake Form I
Snake Form II
Snake Form III
Transformation Feats
Transformation Skills[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]
Racial Talents
[sblock=Talents][sblock=A]Aim is True (Ex): As a full-round action, a wood elf with this talent may aim and fire a sling or bow (not including crossbows). If he hits, he may add his Dexterity bonus to the damage roll as well as any possible Strength bonus.
Alternate Form: When a doppelganger chooses this racial talent, he gains the ability to transform into a different alternate form. The new form follows all the normal rules for transformation.
Special: This racial talent can be selected multiple times.
Approach the Line: When a minotaur with approach the line charges, he does not take double damage from a set weapon and may ignore the –2 penalty to AC from charging.
Arcane Mastery: Each time this racial trait is selected, the dawn elf, night elf, gnome, halfling, lowlander or tiefling gains one additional known spell of any level he can cast (if he is a spontaneous caster) or one additional spell slot per day of any level he can cast (if he must prepare his arcane spells).
Prerequisite: Arcane spellcaster level 1+.
Assess (Ex): Once per round, as a free action, the orc may select a target within 60 ft. The orc and his target make opposed rolls, the orc using his Sense Motive skill and the target using his Bluff skill or his HD, whichever is higher. If the orc succeeds, he may learn any three pieces of information about the target, including: a skill rank, base attack bonus, class, level, special ability, or ability score.
Awakened Mind (Ex): The orc gains a number of bonus skill points equal to his character level. The orc also gains a permanent bonus of +1 skill point per level for all subsequent levels.
Prerequisite: Int 13.
Special: This talent may only be taken once.[/sblock]
[sblock=B]Bellowing Challenge: When making an Intimidate check, the minotaur may select one additional target to be affected, plus one for each point of Charisma bonus (for a minimum of two total targets if he has no Charisma modifier).
Bend before the Wind (Ex): Once per round when a gnome with this talent would normally be hit with a ranged weapon, the gnome may dodge it and take no damage. He must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
Bigger the Wound the Better, The: Every time an orc selects this racial talent he gains a +1 talent bonus on all attack rolls with two-handed melee weapons.
Special: This racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.
Bite Attack: The thinblood gains the ability to deliver a powerful bite attack in addition to his normal melee attacks. The attack is made with a –5 penalty and deals 1d6 points of damage plus half the character’s Strength modifier. If the bite is the character’s only attack for the round, it does not suffer this penalty and it deals 1d6 points of damage plus his full Strength modifier.
Blessing of Life (Su): Once per day as a full-round action, a ghost elf with this talent can imbue his spear, 10 arrows, or 20 sling bullets with a minor divine enchantment. This enchantment lasts for 1 hour per point of the ghost elf’s Charisma modifier (minimum 1). It does not provide any bonuses, but the items count as magic weapons for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction.
Boisterous: A saltblood that selects this racial talent gains a +4 talent bonus to all Charisma-based skills when carousing or participating in celebrations. Further, he never suffers ill effects from too much drink.
Bonded (Su): A highlander that selects this racial talent gains possession of another highlander’s anunti and he may command (as the spell) that highlander as a free action. The target highlander can only be affected by this talent once per day. The target may make a Will save (DC 10 + one-half the level of the commanding highlander + his Charisma modifier) to resist the effect.
Bounty of the Forest (Ex): By spending one hour in the wilderness and making a DC 20 Survival skill check, a wood elf with this talent can gather magical plants to create a healing balm that cures 1d4 points of damage when applied as a standard action. He may do this once per day. The balms last for one week before losing potency.
Bowman (Ex): A trueborn that selects this talent may draw and ready, or stow, any kind of bow (except crossbows) as a free action.[/sblock]
[sblock=C]Call to Battle (Su): As a standard action, the dawn elf can let out a bell-like cry that immediately awakens all naturally sleeping allies within a 30-ft. radius. Additionally, if those allies are dazed or sleeping due to magical effects, the dawn elf may make a caster level check as if casting an area dispel magic that targets only those effects. Caster level equal to character level. This is a mind-affecting effect.
Prerequisite: Cha 13.
Call to Life (Ex): Any creature summoned by a gnome with this talent using a summon nature’s ally spell gains a +2 talent bonus to Dexterity and +2 bonus to its natural armor.
Captivating Patter (Ex): As a standard action, a halfling that selects this talent may target a single intelligent creature within 30 ft. He may make a Bluff check against that target as if feinting in combat. If the target fails its special Sense Motive check (just as with feinting in combat, the target may add its base attack bonus to the roll along with any other applicable modifiers), it becomes dazed for 1 round. A creature may only be targeted by this effect once per day. This is a mind-affecting, language-dependent ability.
Prerequisite: Character level 4th+.
Capture the Essence (Ex): This allows a halfling that selects this talent to make a Sense Motive check against any target within 30 ft., opposed by the target’s Bluff check. If the Halfling wins, he learns one component of the target’s alignment. The halfling may only use this ability on a creature once, and may therefore never use it to guess a creature’s total alignment.
Catch the Winds (Su): A ghost elf with this talent has learned a trick for trapping the cold winds of the north into a fetish bag. When released as a standard action, these winds circle his body, deflecting arrows for a number of minutes per day equal to his character level. This provides him with protection equal to a protection from arrows spell. The duration of the effect need not be sequential. The fetish bag does not work for any other character.
Prerequisite: ability to cast 1st-level spells.
Special: If this talent is chosen more than once, the ghost elf gains an additional fetish bag.
Clan Favored Weapon: When this ability is chosen, the highlander gains a +1 circumstance bonus on attack and damage rolls and a +1 circumstance bonus on initiative checks when he is using one of his favored weapons. If the highlander does not have his weapon drawn when initiative is rolled, he can still gain his initiative bonus by drawing and using his weapon on the first round of combat. The most common favored weapons in the highlands include: bastard sword, battleaxe, greatsword, longsword, shortbow, and spear.
Clever: When a saltblood that selects this racial talent makes a successful skill check for an Intelligence or Dexterity-based skill, he gains a +4 talent bonus to his next skill check of any type. This bonus disappears if not used within one minute.
Combat Maneuvers: When the tiefling selects this racial talent, he gains one of the following bonus feats: Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Grapple, Improved Sunder, or Improved Trip.
Special: The character must still meet the prerequisites for any feat selected with this ability. Also, this racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.
Connected: Any time a lowlander that has chosen this racial talent is in need he can look to his fellows to provide him with whatever aid they can reasonably give.
Once per day the lowlander can make a level check (1d20 + character level) to which he adds his Charisma modifier. The DM sets the DC based on the aid being requested and the circumstances involved. The DC ranges from 10 for a simple request to as high as 25 for highly dangerous, expensive, or illegal requests. The lowlander cannot take 10 or take 20 on this check, nor can he retry the check for the same request. Note that these requests should help advance the plot of an adventure. A request that would allow the lowlander and his companions to circumvent an important plotline should always be unavailable to the character, regardless of the result of the check. The DM should always monitor the lowlander’s use of this ability and disallow any request that could be disruptive to the game.
A lowlander can only request a favor from any particular NPC once per week, and any particular community a number of times per month equal to his level.
Note that only other lowlanders will grant this type of favor as it represents loyalty to one’s own, and PCs are never under any compulsion to grant favor requests to other lowlanders.
Covert Casting: Selecting this racial talent allows the tiefling to choose a bonus feat from among the following: Eschew Materials, Silent Spell, Still Spell, Quicken Spell.
Prerequisite: Character level 4th.
Special: The character must still meet the prerequisites for any feat selected with this ability. Also, this racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.
Craft Magic Arms and Armor I: The dwarf gains the ability to create magic arms and armor without taking the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat. He must still expend the gold, XP, and time costs as per the feat in order to create the weapon, and he must craft the masterwork item himself as part of the process. He may create any weapon, armor, or shield with a total bonus of +2 or less (including enhancement bonuses and special abilities).
Prerequisite: Identify Magic Arms and Armor.
Craft Magic Arms and Armor II: The dwarf’s skill at crafting magic arms and armor improves. He can now create any weapon, armor, or shield with a total bonus of up to +5 (including enhancement bonuses and special abilities).
Prerequisite: Craft Magic Arms and Armor I, character level 7+.
Craft Power Stone: This ability grants a thinblood the ability to craft a power stone even if he does not have the Encode Stone feat or the ability to use psionics. He must still expend the gold, XP, and time costs as per the feat. Each time this trait is selected, the thinblood chooses three psionic powers of up to 3rd level from the psion or psychic warrior’s lists. He may now create power stones that mimic the effects of these powers, and the thinblood’s caster level is always considered the minimum necessary to cast the spell.
Prerequisite: Identify Psionic Item.[/sblock]
[sblock=D]Dance of Falling Leaves (Ex): A wood elf with this talent may spend a full-round action to set the measure. For the rest of the encounter, he gains a +2 dodge bonus to AC against ranged attacks and a +2 bonus to saving throws against spells that directly target him. If the wood elf loses his Dexterity bonus to AC for any reason during the encounter, he loses these benefits. He may spend another full-round action to reactivate the dance.
Dance of Shadows (Ex): On a round in which the dawn elf moves more than 30 ft., he gains concealment. This causes all attacks against him to suffer a 20% miss chance.
Prerequisites: Dex 13, twilight dance.
Dance of Storm Winds (Ex): When engaged in the dawn dance and moving both before and after his attack (e.g., using the Spring Attack feat), the elf gains a single extra attack at his highest attack bonus.
Prerequisites: Dex 13, dawn dance.
Dance of the Endless Journey (Ex): While engaged in the dawn dance and wearing light or no armor and carrying no more than a light load, the dawn elf gains a +10 ft. bonus to his base movement rate.
Prerequisites: Dex 13, dawn dance.
Dance of the Return (Ex): A ghost elf with this talent can tune his will to the spirit of the dance. As a full-round action, he can set the measure. For the rest of the encounter, he gains a +1 talent bonus to Will saves and a +2 talent bonus to saves against energy drain, negative energy effects, death effects, and ability score loss.
Dance of the Starlit River (Ex): On a round in which the dawn elf moves at least 30 ft., he gains a +2 dodge bonus to AC and a +2 talent bonus to his Reflex saves. These bonuses supersede those granted by the twilight dance.
Prerequisites: Dex 13, twilight dance.
Danger Sense: When this talent is selected, the saltblood gains a +4 racial bonus on all initiative checks.
Dawn Dance (Ex): As a full-round action, a dawn elf with this talent may establish the patterns of the dance. Every round of the encounter thereafter, he gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC and may leave one threatened space each round without provoking an attack of opportunity. If the dawn elf loses his Dexterity bonus to AC for any reason during the encounter, he loses these benefits. He may spend another full-round action to reactivate the dance.
Prerequisite: Dex 13.
Deception: A doppelganger that chooses this racial talent gains Bluff and Sense Motive as class skills. If either of these is already a class skill for the doppelganger, he gains a +2 talent bonus to that skill.
Deep Roots (Ex): As a standard action, the gnome may grant himself an SR of 10 + his character level against damaging spells or spell-like effects that target him specifically (magic missile, inflict spells, searing light, etc.). This bonus lasts as long as the gnome continues to take standard actions to maintain it.
Demonic Familiar: When he selects this racial trait, the tiefling gains either an imp or a quasit as a familiar. If he already has a familiar, the ritual he performs causes the new familiar to burst forth from the old one’s living flesh.
Divine Mastery (Ex): Each time this racial trait is selected, the dwarf, wood elf, gnome, lowlander or trueborn gains one additional known spell of any level he can cast (if he is a spontaneous caster) or one additional spell slot per day of any level he can cast (if he must prepare his divine spells).
Prerequisite: Divine spellcaster level 1+.
Draw the Line: The minotaur can set himself to receive a charge regardless of what weapon he holds, automatically inflicting double damage on a charging opponent if he hits. Setting to receive a charge uses a ready action.
Drink the Soil’s Strength (Ex): Once per day as a standard action, a gnome with this talent may grant himself a +4 talent bonus to Strength and Constitution for a number of rounds equal to his Wisdom modifier.
Prerequisite: Wis 13.
Drive the Body (Ex): A highlander that selects this racial talent may channel spirit adept strength points directly into his Constitution as a standard action. For every point he spends, his Constitution increases by +1 for one minute. A highlander cannot spend more points in this way than he could spend on one of his spirit adept powers (1 at 1st, 5 at 6th, and 10 at 11th).
Prerequisite: Spirit adept, character level 4th.[/sblock]
[sblock=E]Elder (Ex): This gives a highlander a +4 bonus to his leadership score, but his cohorts and followers must all be highlanders.
Prerequisites: Character level 6th, must be selected by his clan.
Elemental Empathy (Ex): This ability functions exactly like the subterranean empathy talent, except that it can also be used on creatures of the earth or fire subtypes, regardless of their creature type, that have Intelligence scores lower than 5 and live underground.
Prerequisite: Subterranean Empathy.
Elnaria: A lowlander that selects this racial talent gains Knowledge (geography) and one other Knowledge skill of his choice as class skills. Additionally, he gains a +2 talent bonus to checks with either skill.
Emergency Stabilizing (Ex): The doppelganger dies when reaching –15 hit points, rather than –10. Additionally, the doppelganger has a 40% chance of stabilizing when below 0 hp. A character with the Diehard feat that chooses this transformation still falls unconscious at –10 hit points, however.
Prerequisites: Character level 6th, rapid sealing.
Endure (Ex): An ogre that selects this racial talent may, once per day, choose to remove a fatigued condition, or reduce an exhausted condition to fatigued. This ability also resets the DC of forced march attempts. Using this ability is a free action.
Enterprising: Any time a saltblood that selects this racial talent fails a skill check or attack roll, he gains a +1 bonus to the next skill check or attack roll that he makes. This bonus disappears if not used within one minute.[/sblock]
[sblock=F]Faith (Ex): A highlander that selects this racial talent gains the effect of a permanent sanctuary spell when facing other highlanders. This effect ends for the duration of the encounter if he attacks any highlander. A hostile highlander can break this effect by making a Will save (DC 11 + the Charisma modifier of the protected highlander). Caster level is equal to character level.
Special: If the highlander has at least one level of disciple, increase the DC to break the effect by +2.
Fast Learner: When the halfling, highlander, lowlander or saltblood selects this racial talent, he may select any two skills that become class skills for him no matter what his class selection may be. If the individual selects a skill that is already a class skill for him, he gains a +2 racial (halfling) or talent (highlander, lowlander or saltblood) bonus to that skill.
Favored Weapons: An ogre’s traditional weapons include many types of spear and javelin. Each time this ability is selected, the ogre gains a +1 talent bonus on attack rolls with piercing melee and thrown weapons.
Feat of Strength: When the ogre or orc character selects this racial talent, he gains the ability to perform a feat of strength. Once per day the character can make a Strength check as if he had rolled a 20 and with a +10 bonus to the result. Thus, an individual with an 18 Strength would have an automatic result of 34 on his check.
Special: Each time the character chooses this racial talent, he gains one more use of the ability each day.
Fey Gift I (Sp): The wood elf or gnome is able to cast a small selection of divine spells, even if he does not have levels in a divine spellcasting class. He may choose one 0-level and one 1st-level spell from the druid’s spell list. From this point forward, he may cast each of these spells once per day as a spell-like ability. The caster level for these abilities is equal to the individual’s character level.
Fey Gift II (Sp): The wood elf’s or gnome’s may use all of the spells granted by fey gift I twice per day. In addition, he may choose an additional 1st-level and one 2nd-level spell that he may now cast once per day as spell-like abilities. The caster level for these abilities is equal to the individual’s character level.
Prerequisite: Fey gift I, character level 7th+.
Fiendish Frenzy (Ex): A tiefling that selects this racial talent gains the ability to rage once per day as the barbarian’s rage ability. If he already gets the rage ability (such as by having a level of barbarian), then he gains one extra use of his rage ability per day.
Prerequisite: Character level 6th.
Special: The tiefling may only choose this racial transformation once.
Fire from Stones (Sp): A number of times per day equal to half his class level, a lizardfolk can pick up a handful of pebbles and breathe them into flame. This effectively allows him to cast produce fire as a spell-like ability. Caster level equal to one-half character level.
Flash of Thunder (Ex): Once per day, a gnome with this transformation may use a standard action to imbue the charge of his spirit in one melee weapon, one of his own natural weapons, or 5 arrows, bolts, or bullets. They gain the shocking special ability. The transformation lasts for one round per character level, and ceases functioning if anyone but the gnome uses the weapons.
Fleet-Footed (Ex): A trueborn that selects this talent gets a +2 talent bonus to all Tumble checks and, should he provoke an attack of opportunity by moving through a threatened space, gets a +2 bonus to AC to avoid the attack. This bonus stacks with that provided by the Mobility feat.
Forest Fade (Ex): This talent allows the forest wight to use the Hide skill in any sort of natural terrain, even if the terrain does not grant cover or concealment.
Form Mastery: A doppelganger that selects this racial talent gains the physical ability adjustments (Str, Dex, and Con) and natural armor bonuses of his new form. Thus, if the doppelganger transforms into a dwarf, he gains +2 Constitution and –2 Dexterity, whereas transforming into a lizardfolk would grant +2 Strength and +1 natural armor.
Prerequisites: Quick Form, Alternate Form, character level 7+.
Friend of the Land (Ex): The gnome gains an animal companion as if he were a shaman with a level equal to half his character level. If the gnome already has or receives an animal companion from another ability, he gains a +2 bonus to his effective level for determining his companion’s abilities.
Prerequisite: Wis 13, character level 4th.
Friendly Advice (Sp): Once per day, the thinblood may cast suggestion as a spell-like ability. The thinblood must have his target’s attention, so this ability may not be used in combat.
Prerequisite: Rapport.
Special: Each time this racial talent is selected, the thinblood may use the ability an additional time per day. This racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.[/sblock]
[sblock=G]Generalist (Ex): When a tiefling selects this racial talent, he gains a total talent bonus of +5 that may be distributed among any Knowledge skills.
Special: No one Knowledge skill may be given more than a +3 bonus.
Giant Fighter: Each time a dwarf selects this racial talent, he gains a +1 talent bonus on all attack rolls against giants and humanoids of at least Large size.
Giant’s Arm (Ex): The ogre receives a +1 racial bonus when throwing rocks. He can hurl rocks weighing 40 to 50 pounds each up to five range increments. Rocks thrown by the ogre do 2d6 points of damage and have a range increment of 120 feet.
Prerequisite: Size Large.
Giant’s Hand (Ex): The ogre may catch Small, Medium, or Large rocks. Once per round, an ogre that would normally be hit by a rock may make a Reflex save as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium one, and 25 for a Large one. (If the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount.) The ogre may not catch rocks while flat-footed.
Prerequisite: Size Large.
Give a Smile (Ex): Once per day, a halfling who selects this talent may make a Perform (oratory) skill check while telling a tale to an ally. For every 5 points by which the check exceeds 10, he may choose one additional ally. Each ally chosen receives a +1 luck bonus that may be applied to any one roll within the next 24 hours.
Gore: The minotaur gains a gore attack at his highest base attack bonus that deals 1d8 points of damage plus half his Strength modifier. When using the full-attack action with a one- or two-handed weapon, he may choose to also use the gore attack, though the gore attack suffers a –5 penalty on the attack roll.
Group Fighter: Each time the lowlander chooses this racial talent, he gains a +1 talent bonus on attack rolls made when attacking a creature that is threatened by one of his allies.
Guests of the Fey (Ex): When dealing with a fey creature, a wood elf that selects this talent may make a d20 check modified by his character level plus his Charisma modifier. If he beats a DC equal to 10 + the creature’s HD + its Charisma modifier, that creature will be obligated not to harm or restrain him, and to offer him assistance if it is able. Whatever its inclination, it will not fight for him or leave its home area. The wood elf may only use this ability once per month on a specific fey. If he fails, he can never invoke the ability again on that target.[/sblock]
[sblock=H]Hard Worker: When this racial talent is selected, the trueborn may choose one of the following feats: Athletic, Endurance, Great Fortitude, or Toughness.
Hawk Swoop (Ex): When the forest wight falls at least 10 ft. before hitting a target with a melee attack, he gains a +2 bonus to his damage roll for every 5 ft. fallen. This damage is not applied if the forest wight’s fall was slowed in any way (by a slow fall ability, feather fall spell, etc.), but can still be applied if the forest wight used the Jump or Tumble skill to lessen the damage of the fall.
Heart of the Matter, The (Ex): A halfling that selects this talent receives a +4 talent bonus when making Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Sense Motive checks targeting humanoids with commoner, expert, or warrior classes.
Hope (Ex): As a standard action, a highlander can target one ally within 30 ft. that suffers from a fear effect. By making a Perform (oratory) skill check and beating a DC equal to the save DC of the effect, the highlander can improve the ally’s condition by one step (from panicked to frightened, frightened to shaken, or shaken to unaffected).
Horse Shield: Each time he selects this racial talent, the trueborn gains a +2 cover bonus to AC when riding his horse thanks to his ability to duck while riding and put his horse between him and danger. If his horse is hit while providing cover in this way, the trueborn can still use a Ride check to negate the damage.
Horse Talker (Su): A trueborn that selects this talent may communicate with horses, ponies, and other mundane mounts as if permanently under the effect of a speak with animals spell.
Prerequisite: Horse trainer.
Horse Trainer (Ex): A trueborn with this racial talent has so bonded with the mounts that he rides that he may use the wild empathy ability with horses, ponies, and other mundane mounts. The character uses his total character level and his Charisma modifier to determine the check result.[/sblock]
[sblock=I]Identify Magic Arms and Armor: By concentrating for 10 minutes on a magic weapon, suit of armor, or shield, the dwarf can identify all of its magic properties (including enhancement bonuses, special abilities, and so on). A dwarf can identify whether or not a piece of armor or weapon has any magic properties at all as a free action.
Identify Psionic Item: By concentrating for 10 minutes on a psionic item, the thinblood can identify all of its psionic properties. A thinblood can identify whether or not an item has any psionic properties at all as a free action.
Ignore Pain: Because of the saltblood’s inherent toughness, all non-lethal damage suffered by the character is reduced by half.
Improvised Equipment: Given 10 minutes and the presence of any reasonable materials, a doppelganger with this racial talent can improvise equipment to gain a +4 circumstance bonus to any one of the following skills:[/b] Balance, Climb, Disable Device, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Open Lock, or Swim. This is a one-time bonus, although actions relying on multiple skill checks (such as a long swim) gain the bonus on each check until the action is completed.
Incredible Luck: Each time the halfling selects this racial talent he gains the ability to re-roll any single die roll once per day. The halfling must announce that he is using this ability before he learns the result of the roll, but he may choose to use the better of the two rolls.
Infernal Gift I: The tiefling is able to cast a small selection of arcane spells. He may choose one 0-level and one 1st-level spell from the wizard’s spell list. From this point forward, he may cast each of these spells once per day as a spell-like ability. The caster level for these abilities is equal to the tiefling’s character level.
Infernal Gift II: The tiefling’s arcane abilities grow more powerful. He may use all of the spells granted by infernal gift I twice per day. In addition, he may choose an additional 1st-level and one 2nd-level spell from the wizard’s list that he may now cast once per day as spell-like abilities. The caster level for these abilities is equal to the tiefling’s character level.
Prerequisite: Infernal gift I, character level 7+.
Infernal Resistance: When this racial talent is selected, the tiefling immediately gains a +4 bonus on all saving throws against the spells, special abilities, and special attacks of evil outsiders.
Intellectual Curiosity: An ogre that chooses this racial talent treats his Intelligence as if it were two points higher in regards to skills. Thus, an ogre fighter with an 8 Intelligence would gain 2 skill points per level (2 for class, +0 for Intelligence) rather than 1, and Intelligence-based skills would have a +0 modifier rather than –1.
Special: This racial talent may only be selected once.
Intrepid: When a saltblood that selects this racial talent succeeds at a Will save against a malicious effect, he gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks for one minute. The bonuses from multiple successful Will saves stack.
Invisible Psionics: Once chosen, the thinblood’s psionic powers no longer have any visible effects other than external effects created by the power itself (knocking a door down with telekinesis, flying, and so on). Powers with obvious physical manifestations, such as finger of fire or ectoplasmic armor cannot be made invisible using this ability.
Prerequisite: Lesser Psionics II.
Ironclad (Ex): A trueborn that selects this talent may consider the maximum Dexterity bonus of any heavy armor he wears to be increased by 1.
Ironwall: A lowlander that selects this racial talent may select two simple weapons and one martial weapon with which he is already proficient. He gains a +1 talent bonus to attack rolls when using those weapons.[/sblock]
[sblock=K]Keep the Distance: Any time an ogre with this ability makes a successful attack of opportunity against an opponent, he may force the opponent back 5 feet in any direction.
Prerequisite: Large size.[/sblock]
[sblock=L]Larakis: A lowlander that selects this racial talent gains a +1 talent bonus to attack and damage rolls when in an aquatic environment or on a ship.
Lawful Vengeance: When making a melee attack against an opponent who can execute a sneak attack, the minotaur gains a bonus to his damage rolls equal to the number of dice of sneak attack damage the target deals. Thus, when targeting an opponent who can deal 4d6 sneak attack damage, the minotaur receives a +4 bonus to damage rolls.
Lesser Psionics I: The thinblood is able to manifest some of the abilities of its more powerful cousins, albeit in a much more limited fashion.
1/day—chameleon power, detect poison, produce acid.
Lesser Psionics II: The thinblood’s psionics grow more powerful. He may use all of the abilities granted by Psionics I twice per day. In addition, he gains the following power.
1/day—alternate form, aversion.
Prerequisite: Lesser Psionics 1, character level 5+.
Lesser Spellcasting I: The trueborn or dawn elf is able to cast a small selection of divine (trueborn) or arcane (dawn elf) spells. He may choose one 0-level and one 1st-level spell from the paladin’s (trueborn) or wizard’s (dawn elf) spell list. From this point forward, he may cast each of these spells once per day as a spell-like ability. The caster level for these abilities is equal to the individual’s character level.
Lesser Spellcasting II: The trueborn’s or dawn elf’s spellcasting abilities grow more powerful. He may use all of the spells granted by Lesser Spellcasting I twice per day. In addition, he may choose an additional 1st-level and one 2nd-level spell that he may now cast once per day as spell-like abilities. The caster level for these abilities is equal to the individual’s character level.
Prerequisite: Lesser Spellcasting I, level 7+.
Light in Shadow (Ex): When making a melee attack, the lizardfolk may reroll a miss caused by concealment in darkness or shadows.
Linguist (Ex): A tiefling that selects this racial talent immediately learns to speak and write two languages.
Local Specialist (Ex): A tiefling that selects this racial talent gains a single specialized Knowledge (local) skill, such as Knowledge (Deluin) or Knowledge (Valhedar Island). Additionally, he gets a +4 talent bonus to checks made with that skill.[/sblock]
[sblock=M]Martial Training: When the tiefling selects this racial talent, he gains one of the following bonus feats: Simple Weapon Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, or Shield Proficiency.
Master of the Underbeasts (Ex): A dwarf that selects this racial talent receives a +5 bonus to Handle Animal checks when commanding or training animals that live underground. Additionally, the dwarf may make Handle Animal checks to command or train any creature that lives underground, regardless of its Intelligence or creature type, without the usual +5 penalty to DC.
Mesmerizing Motions (Sp): Once per day, the thinblood may cast hypnotism as a spell-like ability as if using the Still Spell and Silent Spell feats. The thinblood must have his targets’ attention, so this ability may not be used in combat.
Prerequisite: Soothing words.
Special: Each time this racial talent is selected, the thinblood may use the ability an additional time per day.
Mimic Age and Gender (Ex): Doppelgangers that select this talent learn to mimic the traits of other genders and ages. This reduces by 4 points the Disguise check penalty for attempting to impersonate a creature of a different age or gender.
Mimic Mannerisms (Ex): A doppelganger that selects this talent learns to unconsciously mimic the mannerisms and body language of specific targets he wishes to impersonate. This reduces by 4 points the Spot check bonus granted to those familiar with the target when trying to pierce the disguise.
Mimic Voice (Ex): A doppelganger that selects this talent learns how to perfectly mimic the voice of specific targets he wishes to impersonate. This reduces by 4 points the Spot check bonus granted to those familiar with the target when trying to pierce the disguise.
Mounted Warrior: A trueborn that selects this racial talent gains a +1 circumstance bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls when mounted in combat.[/sblock]
[sblock=N]Natural Rider: A trueborn that selects this racial talent can use his full Ride skill no matter what type of creature he is riding.
Natural Weapon Mastery I: When the lizardfolk selects this racial talent, he gains the ability to effectively use his natural weapons in combat. He gains two claw attacks at his highest base attack bonus that deal 1d4 points of damage plus Strength modifier. When using the full-attack action with a one-handed weapon, he may choose to also use a claw attack instead of any iterative attacks he may gain with his weapon. In this case the claw attack suffers a –5 penalty on the attack roll.
Natural Weapon Mastery II: When the lizardfolk selects this racial talent, he gains the ability to make a single bite attack at his highest base attack bonus that deals 1d6 points of damage plus Strength modifier. When using the full-attack option, the lizardfolk can use two claws and a bite, in which case the bite suffers a –5 penalty on the attack roll and deals 1d6 points of damage plus one-half Strength modifier.
Prerequisite: Natural Weapon Mastery I.
Natural Weapon Mastery III: When the lizardfolk selects this racial talent, he gains the ability to make a single tail sweep attack at his highest base attack bonus that deals 2d4 points of damage plus one and a half times his Strength modifier. When using the full-attack option, the lizardfolk can use two claws, a bite, and a tail sweep, in which case the bite and tail sweep suffer a –5 penalty on the attack roll and deal 1d6 points of damage plus one-half Strength modifier and 2d4 points of damage plus Strength modifier, respectively.
Prerequisite: Natural Weapon Mastery II.[/sblock]
[sblock=O]One Elf Alone (Ex): A ghost elf that chooses this talent gains a +3 talent bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks when there are no allied characters within 60 ft.
Ox Back (Ex): An ogre with this talent increases his already prodigious carrying capacity by 50%.
Orcish Rage: When an orc selects this racial talent, he gains the ability to rage once per day as the barbarian’s rage ability.
If he already gets the rage ability (such as by having a level of barbarian), then he gains one extra use of his rage ability per day and gains rage abilities as if he were two levels higher in the class that grants him the rage. In addition, his Constitution score is considered to be four points higher when determining the duration of his rage (this does not stack if the ability is selected multiple times). Thus, if a 2nd-level orc barbarian with a 16 Constitution selected this talent, he would be able to rage three times per day and each rage would last for 10 rounds. If he selected this ability again at 8th level, he would be able to rage 4 times per day and would gain the greater rage ability. The orc’s greater rages would last 11 rounds.
Special: An orc that gains the rage ability through this talent may not select it again. If he already had the rage ability prior to selecting this talent (or if he gains it at the same level), then he may select it again, increasing his rage ability by an additional two levels. This racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.[/sblock]
[sblock=P]Part like Water (Ex): A gnome with this talent learns to use a limited form of evasion. The gnome selects one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic). Against attacks of that sort that would normally inflict half damage on a successful Reflex save, he takes no damage if he succeeds.
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Wis 13, character level 6th.
Special: Each time the character selects this talent, he may choose an additional energy type against which he may gain evasion. This racial transformation may not be selected twice in a row.
Perfect Memory (Ex): A moon elf with this talent may make an Intelligence check (DC 15 + 1 per month since the event or scene) to accurately recall details of any conversation, book, or scene he witnessed. This gives him a +2 bonus to bardic knowledge checks in addition to allowing him to recall specific details.
Poison Bite: The thinblood’s bite becomes even more deadly, injecting poison into its victim. In addition, the penalty for making a bite attack in conjunction with other attacks is reduced to –2. Yuan-ti poison; bite; Fortitude save (DC 13); initial and secondary damage 1d6 Constitution.
Prerequisite: Bite attack.
Poisoner (Ex): A tiefling that selects this racial talent can never accidentally expose himself to poison when readying it for use. Additionally, if he rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll with a poisoned weapon, he gains a +4 talent bonus on the Reflex save to avoid poisoning himself.
Potion Mastery I: When the gnome selects this ability, he gains the ability to unfailingly identify magical potions and oils. In addition, all potions are considered to have a caster level one higher when drunk by the gnome. (So a standard potion of cure light wounds would heal 1d8+2 points of damage.)
Potion Mastery II: This ability grants a gnome the ability to brew potions even if he does not have the Brew Potion feat or the ability to cast spells. He must still expend the gold, XP, and time costs as per the feat. Each time this trait is selected, the gnome chooses three spells of up to 3rd level from the shaman or ranger spell lists. He may now create potions that mimic the effects of these spells, and the gnome’s caster level is always considered the minimum necessary to cast the spell.
Prerequisite: Potion mastery I.
Powerful Charge: The minotaur gains the powerful charge natural attack. When the minotaur charges, he may use his horns to deliver an attack at his highest base attack bonus (+2 for the charge) that deals 4d6 points of damage plus one and a half times his Strength modifier.
Prerequisite: Gore.
Precise: A saltblood that selects this racial talent can take 10 or 20 in half the normal amount of time.
Primitive Weapon Mastery: Each time this racial talent is selected, the lizardfolk adds a +1 talent bonus to all attack and damage rolls with stone weapons.
Prophetic Instinct (Sp): A tiefling that selects this racial talent may cast augury, guidance, and true strike each once per day as spell-like abilities.
Special: Each time this racial talent is selected, the tiefling may cast each spell one additional time per day. This racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.
Psionic Mastery: Each time this racial trait is selected, the thinblood gains one additional discovered power of the highest level he can cast.
Punish the Wicked: Whenever the minotaur’s party is outnumbered, he gains a +2 talent bonus to attack rolls. Conversely, he suffers a –1 penalty to attack rolls when his party outnumbers the opposition.
Purity of Body (Ex): A highlander that selects this racial talent learns how to ignore the pain and suffering of his body in order to achieve his goals. So long as he has at least 10 unspent spirit adept points, he gains a +4 to any save to resist an affect that would cause him to be dazed, exhausted, or fatigued.
Prerequisite: Spirit adept.
Purity of Heart (Ex): A highlander spirit adept that selects this racial talent gains a +4 bonus to any saving throw to resist a mind-affecting effect so long as he has at least 10 unspent spirit adept points.
Prerequisite: Spirit adept.[/sblock]
[sblock=Q]Quick Form: A doppelganger that chooses this racial talent can change form as a free action.[/sblock]
[sblock=R]Rapid Sealing (Ex): The doppelganger has learned to use his naturally shifting physiology to endure incredible damage that would kill most people. When recovering hit points through natural healing, the doppelganger recovers twice as many hit points as normal. Additionally, the doppelganger has a 25% chance of stabilizing when below 0 hp.
Rapport (Sp): Once per day, the thinblood may cast charm person as a spell-like ability as if using the Still Spell and Silent Spell feats. The thinblood must have his target’s attention, so this ability may not be used in combat.
Prerequisite: Mesmerizing motions.
Special: Each time this racial talent is selected, the thinblood may use the ability an additional time per day. This racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.
Ready Grip (Ex): The orc may double his Strength bonus for Climb checks and opposed disarm and grapple checks, and his Dexterity bonus for Sleight of Hand checks.
Retrieve Spear (Su): If a lizardfolk with this talent misses a target within 30 ft. with a thrown weapon, he may command the weapon to return to his hand as a move action.
River Racer (Ex): A lizardfolk with this talent gains a +10 ft. bonus to his swim speed when not carrying a medium or heavy load.
Riversend: Once per day, a lowlander that selects this racial talent can add a +2 talent bonus to one d20 roll that he just made, before the DM declares whether the roll results in success or failure.
Rites of Blood (Ex): A night elf that selects this talent may cast any divine spell that has a casting time of 1 standard action as a full-round action. At the end of the action, she may apply any metamagic feats she knows to the spell, suffering a number of points of Constitution damage equal to the number of spell levels that would normally have been added to the spell. For example, applying Maximize Spell would deal 3 points of Constitution damage to the character. Ability damage suffered in this way may only be healed naturally.
When this ability is used in conjunction with spontaneous casting, the spell still has a casting time of 1 full-round action.
Prerequisite: Rite of darkness, ability to cast 3rd level divine spells.
Rites of Darkness (Ex): At night or when in complete darkness, the night elf may cast any divine spell with a casting time of 1 standard action as a full-round action. This increases the night elf’s effective caster level by +1.
Rites of Fury (Ex): Once per round when one of the night elf’s enemies dies in combat within 30 ft., he may make a Spellcraft check as a free action with a DC equal to 10 + the CR of the enemy that died. If he succeeds, he gains a +1 talent bonus to his effective caster level for the next round.
Prerequisite: Evil alignment.
Rites of the Hunt (Ex): Once per day, the night elf may spontaneously modify a spell with the Silent Spell or Still Spell metamagic feat without increasing the level of the spell slot required to cast it or increasing the casting time. Alternatively, both feats may be applied to the spell, but its casting time increases to a minimum of 1 round.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 2nd-level divine spells, Still Spell or Silent Spell.
Robust: The minotaur gains a number of hit points equal to his character level when he selects this racial trait. Thereafter, the minotaur gains +1 hit point per level.
Special: This racial talent may only be selected once.
Roots Break the Mountain (Ex): When an enemy fails to overcome the gnome’s SR with a magical attack, the gnome may target a creature within 15 ft. The spell is redirected toward that creature from the gnome’s direction; if the spell requires an attack roll, the gnome makes the roll and uses his own attack bonuses.
Prerequisites: Deep roots, character level 4th.[/sblock]
[sblock=S]Sabotage: A dwarf that chooses this racial talent gains Disable Device and Open Lock as class skills. If either of these is already a class skill for the dwarf, he gains a +2 talent bonus to that skill. The dwarf may disable magical traps as long as they have a mechanical component to them as well.
Saranor: A lowlander that selects this racial talent gains a +2 talent bonus to Fortitude saving throws.
Seaward: A lowlander that selects this racial talent forges his pride into an iron-hard shield, gaining a +2 talent bonus to Will saving throws.
Second Wind: Once per day as a free action, the minotaur draws upon his body’s reserves to gain a second wind. When he uses this ability, the minotaur recovers a number of hit points equal to his character level. This racial trait does not increase his hit points beyond his full normal total.
Servant’s Manner (Ex): Bluff and Hide become class skills for an ogre with this talent, and he may take 10 when attempting to create a diversion to hide or when feinting in combat.
Shadow in Darkness (Ex): The forest wight gains a +2 talent bonus to Hide checks in any low-light or dark environment. The miss chance to hit him in darkness is also increased +10%.
Shadow Jump (Su): The night elf can “jump” through shadows, granting him the ability to dimension door up to 40 feet per day. He can make multiple jumps as long as the total distance traveled per day does not exceed 40 feet. Each time the night elf uses this ability it counts as at least 10 feet, no matter if he jumps less than that.
Prerequisite: Character level 7+.
Special: This racial trait can be selected multiple times, each time adding 40 feet to the maximum daily limit.
Shadow Mastery (Ex): The forest wight gains +1 to his effective caster level when casting any spell from the illusion school.
Sharp Eyes (Ex): The orc may automatically make a Search check when passing within 5 ft. of concealed doors or objects.
Shroud of Leaves (Ex): While in any sort of natural terrain with plant life that reaches to waist-height on the gnome, he may take a full-round action to ask the plants for assistance. Thereafter, for as long as he does not move from that spot, he gains full concealment.
Silent Slither (Ex): A thinblood who chooses this talent may move up to his full speed while Hiding and Moving Silently at no penalty.
Silver-Tongued (Ex): A trueborn that selects this racial talent gets a +2 talent bonus to Bluff checks and a +2 talent bonus on saving throws against charm effects.
Slap the Line: When the minotaur successfully hits a charging opponent after setting to receive a charge, he automatically makes a free trip attack against that opponent, and may not be tripped in return. This free attack is made at his full base attack bonus.
Prerequisite: Draw the line.
Song of Glory (Su): Once per day as a standard action, a dawn elf that selects this talent may sing songs that lift the weight of fear from mortal hearts. Any of his allies within 30 ft. may reduce any fear status by one step (from panicked to frightened, frightened to shaken, or shaken to normal). An ally may only benefit from this talent once per day.
Prerequisites: Cha 13, call to battle.
Special: Each time the dawn elf selects this racial talent, he may use the ability an additional time per day.
Songs of Armorcrafting (Ex): A night elf that selects this talent may apply magical enhancements and special abilities to armor and shields for the XP and gold cost of armor and shields with a modified bonus of one lower. For instance, a night elf crafting a suit of +1 spell resistance (13) chainmail would expend XP and gold as if crafting as if a +2 suit of armor, rather than a +3 suit of armor.
Prerequisites: Songs of mending, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, character level 6th.
Songs of Bladecrafting (Ex): A night elf that selects this talent may apply magical enhancements and special abilities to weapons for the XP and gold cost of a weapon with a modified bonus of one lower. For instance, a night elf crafting a +2 frost longsword would expend XP and gold as if crafting a +2 weapon, rather than a +3 weapon.
Prerequisites: Songs of mending, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, character level 8th.
Songs of Making (Ex): These songs allow the night elf to repair objects at the rate of 1 hit point per round as a full-round action. The object must be within 30 ft. He may continue healing the object until he wishes to stop or the object reaches its maximum hit points. If parts of the object are missing or were destroyed, this song does not replace them.
Prerequisite: Songs of mending.
Songs of Mending (Sp): A night elf with this ability can cast mending as a spell-like ability at will.
Songs of the Mist (Sp): A ghost elf with this talent can express these feelings very clearly. As one use of his bardic music ability, he can cause all enemies within a 30-ft. radius to make a Will save (DC 10 + one-half his character level + his Charisma modifier) or be dazed for 1 round.
Prerequisite: Bardic music class ability.
Songs of the Moon (Su): Once per day as a full-round action, a moon elf with this talent may initiate the song. For as long as he continues to sing as a full-round action, any evil creature within a 30-ft. radius is shaken.
Prerequisite: Songs of the stars, character level 6th.
Songs of the Stars (Su): Once per day as a full-round action, a moon elf with this talent may initiate the song. For as long as he continues to sing as a full-round action, all allies within a 30-ft. radius gain a +2 morale bonus to saving throws to resist harmful spells or spell-like effects.
Songs of the Sun (Su): Once per day as a full-round action, a moon elf with this talent may initiate the song. For as long as he continues to sing as a full-round action, any undead within a 30-ft. radius are shaken.
Prerequisite: Songs of the stars, character level 4th.
Soothing Words (Ex): The thinblood may take 10 on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive skills, even if stress and distractions would normally prevent him from doing so.
Speak though Silence (Sp): As a full-round action, a lizardfolk that selects this talent can determine if any person or object within 30 ft. touches divine power. Divine casters (as well as spirit adepts) register, as do items enchanted with divine magic or effects created by divine spells. In the case of the former, the lizardfolk may detect HD as if using detect good or detect evil. In the case of objects and spell effects, the lizardfolk may determine power, but not school, as if casting detect magic.
Spear forged from Hope: A ghost elf with this talent may spend a full day to infuse a sturdy wooden stick with mystical energy. This decorated stick is useless against corporeal creatures, but acts as a ghost touch longspear +1 against incorporeal beings. The spear forged from hope does not work for anyone other than the ghost elf who created it, and he may only have one such weapon at a time.
Prerequisites: Ability to cast divine spells, blessing of life.
Spider’s Bite (Su): The night elf gains the ability to magically poison up to five arrows, bolts, or thrown weapons per day. Doing so is a move action, but the effect lasts for the entire day. Only piercing and slashing ammunition may be so affected. Night elf poison; injury; Fortitude save (DC 14); initial damage nauseated for 1d4 rounds, secondary damage unconscious for 2d4 hours.
Prerequisite: Character level 5+.
Spirit of Dawn (Su): Once per day as a move action, a dawn elf with this talent may focus his attention, causing his aura to flare with brilliant power. He radiates a soft glow like candlelight within a 30-ft. radius. Any good creatures within 30 ft. gain a +1 bonus to their attack rolls and AC for a number of rounds equal to the elf’s Cha modifier. This is a mind-affecting effect.
Prerequisite: Cha 13.
Stamina: The minotaur recovers twice as fast as normal and gains more than the normal amount of healing from healing spells. The minotaur gains two additional points of healing per spell level when targeted by a cure spell. He recovers two hit points per character level per evening of rest, two points of temporary ability damage per evening of rest, and awakens in half the normal time after being knocked unconscious.
Steel (Ex): Any time a highlander that selects this racial talent strikes down an opponent in battle, the highlander may make a Charisma check with a DC equal to 10 + the foe’s CR – the highlander’s level. If he succeeds, all allied characters within 30 ft. may choose to gain a +1 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls for the duration of the encounter. The highlander may use this ability multiple times in battle, and its effects stack. If the highlander later becomes disabled or unconscious during the battle, every character that received the bonus immediately loses it, and suffers a –1 morale penalty to attack and damage rolls until the end of the encounter.
Stone Brother (Ex): By choosing this talent, a dwarf may take a subterranean creature (as explained below) as a companion. This talent functions exactly like the druid’s animal companion ability, except that the dwarf’s effective druid level is one-half his character level.
A potential companion must have an Intelligence score of 5 or lower, must live underground, and must have an attitude of indifferent or friendlier towards the dwarf. The dwarf must bond with the creature during a ceremony that requires 24 uninterrupted hours. If the dwarf succeeds at a DC 20 Handle Animal or subterranean empathy check at the end of those 24 hours, the creature may be chosen by that dwarf as his companion. If the dwarf dismisses the companion, or the companion is killed, he may bond to a new creature in the same way.
Prerequisite: Subterranean empathy or master of the underbeasts, character level 4th.
Stony Face (Ex): An ogre gains a +2 talent bonus on Bluff and Sense Motive checks, and gains a +2 talent bonus on saves vs. compulsion and fear effects.
Stories of the Future: A moon elf with this talent may add the following spells to the bard, sorcerer, or wizard spell lists: augury, commune, divination, and guidance. In all cases, the character uses arcane understanding and the patterns of the stars, rather than divine resources, to gain his answers.
Prerequisite: Stories of the past.
Stories of the Past (Ex): A moon elf with this talent gains a +2 bonus to his Knowledge (history) skill checks and to bardic knowledge checks to uncover historical information.
Stormhaven: A lowlander that selects this racial talent gains Decipher Script and Forgery as class skills, and gains a +2 talent bonus to checks with either skill.
Stream of Words (Ex): A halfling that selects this talent can maintain a continuous stream of words, allowing him to use his Bluff skill on a number of people at once equal to one-half his character level.
Strength of Stone (Ex): A highlander that selects this racial talent may channel spirit adept strength points directly into his Strength as a standard action. For every point he spends, his Strength increases by +1 for one minute. A spirit adept cannot spend more points in this way than he could spend on one of his spirit adept powers (1 at 1st, 5 at 6th, and 10 at 11th).
Prerequisite: Spirit adept, character level 8th.
Strong Faith (Ex): If targeted by a spell cast by any divine caster whose immortal’s alignment opposes their own immortal’s, the character gets a +2 talent bonus on his saving throw (if any) to resist the spell. For purposes of this ability, the immortals’ alignments are opposing if either of their alignment qualities (law vs. chaos, good vs. evil) fall on opposite ends of a spectrum.
Subterranean Empathy (Ex): This talent allows the dwarf to improve the attitude of an animal or magical beast that has an Intelligence score of 5 or lower and lives underground. In order to qualify, the creature must have “underground” listed as its environment or must have “any” listed and must be found living underground by the dwarf. The dwarf may improve the attitude of such creatures using the same rules as a Diplomacy check (see PHB, Chapter 4: Skills). The dwarf rolls 1d20 and adds his level and Charisma modifier to determine the subterranean empathy check result. A typical subterranean creature has a starting attitude of unfriendly.
To use subterranean empathy, the dwarf and the creature must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 ft. of one another and visible using their main senses. Generally, influencing a creature in this way takes one minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
Sure Feet (Ex): The orc gains a +4 bonus to resist overrun, trip, bull rush, or trample attempts. Furthermore, he can always take 10 on Balance checks.
Surge of Will (Ex): Once per day as a free action, a highlander that selects this racial talent may add his Wisdom modifier to either his Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution modifier for a number of rounds equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier. An increase in Constitution increases the highlander’s hit points, but these hit points go away at the end of the surge when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) The highlander may prematurely end his surge. At the end of the surge, he loses the surge modifiers and becomes fatigued (–2 penalty to Strength, –2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter.[/sblock]
[sblock=T]Talent Feats: When the character selects this racial talent, he gains one of a specific list of feats.
Doppelganger feats: any item creation feat, Improved Initiative, or any racial talent feat from his base alternate form.
Dwarf feats: any item creation feat, Leadership, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Power Attack.
Elf, Dawn feats: any metamagic feat, any item creation feat, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, or Spell Focus.
Elf, Ghost feats: any metamagic feat, any item creation feat, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, or Spell Focus.
Elf, Moon feats: any metamagic feat, any item creation feat, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, or Spell Focus.
Elf, Night feats: any metamagic feat, Rapid Reload, or Track.
Elf, Wood feats: any metamagic feat, any item creation feat, Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, or Spell Focus.
Gnome selects feats: any metamagic feat, any item creation feat, Alertness, Improved Initiative, or Spell Focus.
Halfling feats: any metamagic feat, any item creation feat, Combat Expertise, or Rapid Reload.
Human, Highlander feats: Alertness, Endurance, Improved Initiative, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Track, or Weapon Finesse.
Human, Lowlander feats: any metamagic feat, Leadership, or Track.
Human, Saltblood feats: any metamagic feat, Leadership, Quick Draw, or Rapid Reload.
Human, Trueborn feats: any metamagic feat, any item creation feat, any Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Leadership, Mounted Combat, Quick Draw, Spell Focus, or Trample.
Lizardfolk feats: any metamagic feat, Eschew Materials, Greater Weapon Focus (claw, bite, or tail), Weapon Focus (claw, bite, or tail).
Minotaur feats: Blind-Fight, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Greater Weapon Focus (gore), Leadership, or Weapon Focus (gore).
Ogre feats: Blind Fight, Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack.
Orc feats: Brew Potion, Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Iron Will, or Power Attack.
Orc, Forest Wight feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Self-Sufficient, Stealthy, Track, or Weapon Focus.
Tiefling feats: Augment Summoning, or Spell Focus (conjuration).
Thinblood feats: any metapsionic feat, any psionic item creation feat, or Psionic Focus.
Talent Skills: When the character selects this racial talent, he gains a total talent bonus of +5 (or +6 if a human) that may be distributed among a specific list of skills.
Special: A skill may receive no more than a +3 talent bonus from this ability.
Doppelganger skills: Bluff, Craft (any), Knowledge (geography, history, local), Intimidate, Listen, Profession (any), Sense Motive, and Spot.
Dwarf skills: Appraise, Craft (any), Knowledge (arcana, architecture and engineering, dungeoneering, geography, local, nobility and royalty, religion), or Profession (any).
Elf, Dawn skills: Craft (any), Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (arcana geography, local, nature, religion, the planes), Listen, Profession (any), Search, Spellcraft, Spot, and Survival.
Elf, Ghost skills: Hide, Listen, Knowledge (nature), Move Silently, Spot, and Survival.
Elf, Moon skills: Craft (any), Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (arcana geography, local, nature, religion, the planes), Listen, Profession (any), Search, Spellcraft, Spot, and Survival.
Elf, Night skills: Bluff, Craft (any), Knowledge (dungeoneering, geography, local, nature, religion, the planes), Listen, Profession (any), Search, and Spot.
Elf, Wood skills: Hide, Listen, Knowledge (nature), Move Silently, Spot, and Survival.
Gnome skills: Craft (any), Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (arcana, geography, local, nature, religion, the planes), Listen, Profession (any), Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Spot.
Halfling skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft (any), Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Gather Information, Knowledge (any), Open Lock, Perform, Profession (any), Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, and Spellcraft.
Human, Lowlander skills: Appraise, Craft (any), Diplomacy, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Perform, Profession (any), and Sense Motive.
Human, Saltblood skills: Bluff, Craft (any), Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Profession (any), Sense Motive, Survival, and Spot.
Human, Trueborn skills: Craft (any), Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana, dungeoneering, geography, history, local, nobility and royalty, religion, the planes), Listen, Profession (any), Search, Sense Motive, and Spot.
Lizardfolk skills: Craft (any), Heal, Knowledge (dungeoneering, geography, history, local, nature), Listen, Profession (any), Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival.
Minotaur skills: Craft (any), Intimidate, Knowledge (architecture and engineering, dungeoneering, geography, local), Profession (any), and Spot.
Ogre skills: Craft (any), Intimidate, Knowledge (architecture and engineering, dungeoneering, geography, local), Listen, Profession (any), Speak Language.
Orc skills: Craft (any), Intimidate, Knowledge (dungeoneering, geography, local, nature), Profession (any), Survival.
Orc, Forest Wight skills: Bluff, Craft (armorsmith or weaponsmith), Hide, Knowledge (nature), Move Silently, Survival, and Tumble.
Tiefling skills: Craft (any), Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Profession (any), and Speak Language.
Thinblood skills: Craft (any), Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Knowledge (any), Profession (any), and Sense Motive.
The Bigger the Wound the Better: See “Bigger the Wound the Better, The”.
The Heart of the Matter (Ex): See “Heart of the Matter, The”.
Trip and Stab (Ex): A tiefling that selects this racial talent is treated as having the Two-Weapon Fighting feat when using a melee weapon in one hand and a whip in the other.
Prerequisite: Dex 15, whip fighting.
Trusting Ears (Ex): The orc gains one of the following feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, or Lightning Reflexes.
Twilight Dance (Ex): On a round in which the dawn elf moves at least 20 ft., he gains a +1 dodge bonus to his AC and a +1 talent bonus to his Reflex saves.
Prerequisite: Dex 13.[/sblock]
[sblock=U]Unblinking Gaze (Ex): Ogres with an unblinking gaze cannot be intimidated, and ignore any effect that would cause them to become shaken.
Underbeast Empathy (Ex): This talent functions exactly like the subterranean empathy talent, except that it can be used on any creature, regardless of creature type or subtype, that has an Intelligence score of 5 or lower and lives underground.
Prerequisite: Elemental Empathy.
Unseen Stillness (Ex): While using this ability, thinbloods can even keep from breathing, if necessary, for up to 2 minutes per character level. The thinblood with this talent gains a +5 talent bonus on all Hide checks as long as he remains immobile, and may attempt to hide even without cover (though he may still not attempt to hide if someone is looking at him).
Prerequisite: Silent slither.
Unusual Stealth (Ex): A night elf that selects this racial talent may move up to his full speed while Hiding and Moving Silently at no penalty.
Urging of the Light (Su): Once per day as a move action, a dawn elf with this talent may focus his attention, causing his aura to flare with brilliant power. He radiates a soft glow like candlelight within a 30-ft. radius. Any good creatures within this area of effect receives a +1 bonus to their damage rolls and saving throws for a number of rounds equal to the elf’s Charisma modifier. This is a mind-affecting effect.
Prerequisites: Cha 13, spirit of dawn, character level 6th.[/sblock]
[sblock=V]Voice of Stone and Flame (Sp): A dwarf that selects this racial talent may cast charm monster as a spell-like ability once per day, but may only affect creatures with the earth or fire subtype that live underground. Caster level equal to character level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Prerequisite: Master of the Underbeasts.
Special: This racial talent can be selected multiple times. Each time it is selected, the dwarf may use the ability one additional time per day.
Voice of the Highlands: When this racial talent is selected, the highlander gains the ability to put his ear to the ground and gain knowledge about the surrounding terrain. This works exactly like the commune with nature spell as cast by a druid of the highlander’s level, except as follows. It only requires 5 rounds of concentration to gain the information desired, and the ability only works in the hills and highlands. The highlander can use this ability at will.
Voice of the Woodlands: When this racial talent is selected, the elf gains the ability to listen to the wind blow through the trees and gain knowledge about the surrounding terrain. This works exactly like the commune with nature spell as cast by a druid of the elf’s level, except as follows. It only requires 5 rounds of concentration to gain the information desired, and the ability only works in forests. An elf may use this ability at will.
Voices on the Leaves (Sp): A gnome with this talent learns to be more discerning in his listening. He can detect magic as a spell-like ability at will. This ability has a maximum range of 30 ft.[/sblock]
[sblock=W]Wall Walking (Sp): Once per day, the thinblood may cast spider climb as a spell-like ability.
Special: Each time this racial talent is selected, the thinblood may use the ability an additional time per day. This racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.
Way of Spirit (Ex): A highlander with this talent gains a number of spirit adept strength points equal to his level.
Prerequisite: Spirit adept.
Special: This racial talent may not be chosen twice in a row.
Weave the Threads (Ex): A halfling that selects this talent gains a +2 talent bonus on bardic knowledge and Knowledge (local) checks.
Whip Fighting (Ex): A tiefling that selects this talent does not provoke attacks of opportunity when using a whip in combat.
Prerequisite: Dex 13, Weapon Focus (whip).
Woodland Fighting: When a dawn elf selects this racial talent, he gains a +1 bonus on all attack rolls in woodland areas.
Prerequisite: Character level 3+.
Words of Exhortation (Su): As a full-round action, the dawn elf with this talent can expend any arcane spell to spontaneously cast summon nature’s ally of a level equal to one half the expended spell level (round up).
Prerequisites: Cha 13, song of glory, character level 6th.[/sblock][/sblock]
Racial Transformations
[sblock=Transformations][sblock=A]Ageless: When this racial transformation is chosen, the dawn elf no longer takes ability score penalties for aging (see Aging Effects, PHB) and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties she may have already incurred, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the elf still dies of old age when his time is up. The elves abandoned true immortality when they left Itheria.
Agile: A saltblood that selects this racial transformation has trained his body to use balance in place of brute strength, practicing above a ship in its riggings and below it in the waves. He may use Dexterity rather than Strength as the key ability for Climb, Jump, and Swim. Furthermore, he can use the jumping down action of the Jump skill to negate falling damage from any height, although each 10 ft. after the first adds +5 to the DC.
Ancestor’s Claws: The claws of a lizardfolk that selects this transformation grow into long, razor-sharp talons at the ends of his fingers. These talons give him a –2 penalty to any skill that requires him to use fine motor control (e.g., Open Locks and Sleight of Hand), but each claw does 1d6 damage instead of 1d4.
Prerequisite: Natural weapon mastery I.
Angel Wings: When this racial transformation is selected, the trueborn is able to fly as the spell three times per day. Caster level is equal to the trueborn’s character level. When this ability is used, softly glowing, translucent wings sprout from the trueborn’s back.
Prerequisite: Character level 8+.
Animal Companion: A halfling who chooses this racial transformation magically bonds with an animal companion chosen from the following list: dire rat, dog, riding dog, eagle, hawk, pony, or wolf. This loyal companion follows all of the rules for a druid’s animal companion (see PHB).
Aquatic (Ex): The ogre with this transformation may now breathe water as easily as air.
Prerequisite: Swimmer.
Aura of Good: When the trueborn chooses this ability, he gains a +2 transformation bonus on all saves versus evil spells and the spell-like and supernatural abilities of evil creatures.
Special: The trueborn may only choose this transformation once.
Awakening Magic (Sp): The ogre develops minor spell-like abilities as the magic in his blood awakens. He may cast one spell from the following list once per day, with a caster level equal to his character level. The save DCs are Charisma-based. Available spells include: charm person, darkness, invisibility, or sleep.
Special: The ogre may select this racial transformation more than once. Each time, he gains the ability to cast a new spell from the list once per day.[/sblock]
[sblock=B]Balancing Tail (Ex): The thinblood develops a short tail that he can use to help keep his balance. A thinblood that selects this racial transformation may always take 10 on Balance checks, even when distractions and stress would prevent him from doing so, and gains a +1 transformation bonus to Reflex saves.
Becoming the Taint (Ex): When this ability is selected, the thinblood’s features (including his tongue and speech) are practically indistinguishable from those of an elf, human, or tiefling (the thinblood must choose one of these races). The thinblood may pass for a member of this race without making a Disguise check unless subjected to intense or magical scrutiny.
Special: This ability may not be chosen if the thinblood has selected any of the following racial talents or transformations: bite attack, natural armor, balancing tail. If any of those talents or transformations are ever chosen, the thinblood loses the benefits of the becoming the taint racial transformation.
Bitter Harvest (Ex): Any time a dawn elf with this transformation casts a cure spell, or is the target of such a spell, he may choose to age one year. If he does so, the spell becomes empowered as per the Empower Spell metamagic feat.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 1st-level divine spells.
Black-Eyed: The eyes of a lowlander that selects this racial transformation darken, and he gains the ability to cast command twice per day as a spell-like ability. The save DC is equal to 11 + the lowlander’s Charisma modifier. Caster level is equal to character level.
Bleed Black Waters (Ex): A night elf with this transformation does not suffer continuous damage from wounding effects, and has a 30% chance of stabilizing when below 0 hit points.
Blood of Ice (Ex): An orc that selects this transformation gains resistance to cold 5.
Blood of Shadows (Ex): When cut, this forest wight oozes black blood. In low-light or darkness, this blood instantly seals the wight’s wounds, stabilizing him if he drops below 0 hit points. When in darkness, he regains double the normal hit points through natural healing.
Body of the Moon (Ex): This transformation increases the DC to resist the moon elf’s enchantment spells by +1.
Body to Mind (Ex): The ogre may convert two points of Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution into two points of Intelligence.
Body to Spirit (Ex): The ogre may convert two points of Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution into two points of Charisma.
Body to Will (Ex): The ogre may convert two points of Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution into two points of Wisdom.
Breathe Water: The lizardfolk gains the ability to breathe water for up to one hour per day.
Burning Bright (Ex): The dawn elf can use the strength of his body to fuel spontaneous magic. At any time, he may choose to suffer ability damage rather than using an available spell slot to power a spell that he knows. He takes a number of points of damage to his Constitution equal to the level of the spell cast. An elf may choose to incapacitate or kill himself using this ability, and the spell will still work. Constitution damage suffered in this way can only be healed naturally.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 3rd-level arcane spells.[/sblock]
[sblock=C]Cave Crawler (Ex): The orc gains a climb speed equal to half his base land speed, including the ability to take 10 on Climb checks under any conditions and gaining a +8 racial bonus to Climb checks.
Change Shape: A doppelganger that selects this racial transformation gains the ability to assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid. The doppelganger can remain in this form for as often as it likes. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the doppelganger’s true form. The doppelganger can use this ability once per day.
Special: This racial transformation can be selected multiple times. Each time it is selected, the doppelganger can use the ability one additional time per day.
Prerequisite: Character level 6+.
Child of Darkness (Sp): Once per day, the forest wight may cast invisibility as a spell-like ability.
Special: Each time the forest wight selects this racial transformation, he gains the ability to cast invisibility an additional time per day. This racial transformation may not be selected twice in a row.
Claws: A tiefling that selects this racial transformation grows sharp, three-inch claws. He gains two claw attacks at his highest base attack bonus that deal 1d3 points of damage plus Strength modifier, and have a critical threat range of 19–20. When using the full attack action, the tiefling may use other weapons and still make the claw attack, in which case the claw attack suffers a –5 penalty to the attack roll.
Special: If this racial transformation is selected twice, the claws grow by another inch, deal 1d4 points of damage, and have a critical threat range of 18–20. However, the tiefling now suffers a –2 penalty to all weapon attack rolls and other actions requiring fine motor coordination (e.g., Open Locks and Sleight of Hand checks).
Constricting Tail (Ex): The thinblood’s tail is long, strong, and can constrict. If the thinblood successfully starts a grapple, he can constrict for an additional 1d6 points of damage.
Prerequisite: Lashing tail.
Crafting with Blood (Su): A doppelganger with this transformation has learned how to construct seemingly solid objects out of his own blood, although these items do not last for long. He can use the improvised equipment talent to create improvised equipment without needing materials. Creating the equipment only requires a full-round action, instead of the normal 10 minutes, but doing so requires the doppelganger to self-inflict 5 points of damage. The item thus created melts back into a pool of blood after 1 minute.
Prerequisite: Improvised equipment[/sblock]
[sblock=D]Damage Reduction: This damage reduction only protects a dwarf, orc or slatblood against physical attacks, not energy damage or spells. The individual ignores one point of damage from all melee and ranged weapons, gaining DR 1/—. Each time he takes this ability, he gains one more point of damage reduction (DR 2/— after taking it twice and DR 3/—after taking it three times). The gnome ignores two points of bludgeoning damage from all melee and ranged weapons, gaining DR 2/piercing or slashing. Each time he takes this ability, he gains two more points of damage reduction (for example, 4/piercing or slashing after taking it twice and 6/piercing or slashing after taking it three times). This damage reduction stacks with that gained from other sources (such as the barbarian’s damage reduction).
Prerequisite: Character level 6+ (Saltblood).
Special: This racial transformation may not be selected twice in a row.
Darkvision: When the doppelganger, dwarf, lizardfolk, minotaur, night elf, ogre, orc, thinblood, tiefling or trueborn selects this racial transformation, he gains darkvision to a range of 60 feet.
Prerequisite: Character level 4+ (Doppleganger, Dwarf, Orc, Tiefling & Trueborn) or 6+ (Lizardfolk, Minotaur & Thinblood).
Defending Soldier (Ex): When a trueborn that selects this transformation uses the Dodge feat, he gains an additional +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks from that opponent.
Prerequisite: Dodge.
Detect Thoughts: A doppelganger can continuously use detect thoughts as the spell. The caster level is equal to the doppelganger’s character level and the Will save DC is Charisma-based. The doppelganger can suppress or resume this ability as a free action.
Determined: Once per day for one roll, a saltblood that selects this racial transformation may add his best base save bonus (not including ability modifiers) to his base attack bonus.
Disciplined Mind: Each time this ability is chosen, the highlander gains the ability to focus his mind once per day, making him extremely deadly in combat. When he invokes this ability, the highlander temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Dexterity, a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, and the Combat Reflexes feat. In addition, the character cannot be flanked.
The character is able to focus his mind for a number of rounds equal to 5 + his Wisdom modifier. He may only enact a disciplined mind once per combat, and at the end of the duration he is considered fatigued until the end of the encounter from the mental strain of focusing so intensely.
Divine Health (Ex): A trueborn that selects this transformation is immune to all mundane diseases, and gains a +4 transformation bonus on all saves to resist supernatural and magical diseases.
Divine Heritage (Ex): A trueborn that selects this transformation discovers that he possesses a bloodline that is up to one-quarter celestial. The character’s skin takes on a slightly metallic sheen, and he will have no difficulties passing blood purity tests (such as those given in Irilgaine). He gains a +4 transformation bonus on all Charisma-based skill checks against other trueborn, but suffers a –2 to all Disguise checks to hide his celestial nature.
Dream of the Light (Ex): A night elf with this transformation gains +30 ft. to his darkvision but can only see 30 ft. in any illumination more intense than low-light conditions.
Prerequisite: Darkvision.
Drink the Darkness (Ex): Those night elves that live for a long period underground learn to drink in the darkness as a healing balm. When underground, they regain double the normal hit points through natural healing.[/sblock]
[sblock=E]Ears of a Fox (Ex): A wood elf with this transformation suffers a –1 penalty to Listen checks for every 40 ft. between him and his target, rather than a –1 penalty every 10 ft. He also gains a +3 transformation bonus to Listen checks.
Elfsight: A dawn elf that selects this racial transformation gains a +4 bonus on Spot checks to detect hidden creatures, and the miss chance due to concealment for creatures affected by invisibility, displacement (but not blink or etherealness), and similar effects is halved.
Embracing the Taint: When this ability is selected, the thinblood’s eyes, skin, and other features become softer and less reptillian—though his tongue and speech remain unaffected. The thinblood receives a +4 transformation bonus to all Disguise checks made to try to pass as a human, tiefling, or elf.
Eye of the Maze: The minotaur gains a gaze attack for a number of rounds per day equal to his Wisdom modifier (if any). Activating this ability is a free action. Any target within 30 ft. of the minotaur that meets his gaze must make a Will save (DC 10 + one-half his character level + his Charisma modifier). Those that fail are dazed for one round as per the daze monster spell, but with no HD limit. A target can only be affected by this ability once in a 24-hour period. As a standard action, the minotaur may direct his gaze attack against a foe that is not meeting his gaze.
Eyes of a Hawk (Ex): A wood elf with this transformation suffers a –1 penalty to Spot checks for every 40 ft. between him and his target, rather than a –1 penalty every 10 ft. He also gains a +3 transformation bonus to Spot checks.
Eyes of the Stars (Su): Many moon elves have small sparks of light dancing in their eyes. This allows them to fascinate humanoids, monstrous humanoids, and giants. The moon elf must be within 15 ft. of the creature he wishes to fascinate, cannot be engaged in violent activity (e.g., combat), and must spend a full-round action trying to catch the target’s eyes. The target may make a Will save (DC 10 + one-half the moon elf’s character level + his Charisma modifier) to resist the effect. If the target succeeds, the moon elf may not attempt to fascinate the creature for 24 hours. If the target fails, he is considered fascinated as if by the bardic music ability for as long as the elf is willing to spend full-round actions maintaining the effect.
Prerequisites: Cha 13, Character level 4th+.
Eye of the Storm (Ex): The ghost elf suffers no penalty for using missile weapons in windy conditions and gains resistance to electricity 5.[/sblock]
[sblock=F]Face of the Sun (Ex): The moon elf with this transformation gains a +2 bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy checks.
Faded Spirit (Ex): The orc becomes immune to critical hits, sneak attacks, and poison. There is a price to be paid, however: he now becomes sickened when exposed to dim daylight or the daylight spell, and is nauseated when exposed to bright sunlight. Additionally, he counts as an undead creature when subjected to searing light or another spell that does additional damage to undead creatures.
Prerequisite: Character level 8th.
Fading: This ability is related to ghosting. On command, the gnome can fade. The effect is identical to the ethereal jaunt spell except that the gnome travels to Itheria rather than the Ethereal Plane. It requires a full-round action to activate this ability, and the gnome can only activate it once per day for a duration of up to one minute.
Fast Healing (Ex): A dwarf that selects this racial transformation gains fast healing 1.
Special: Each time the dwarf takes this ability, he gains one more point of fast healing. This racial transformation may not be selected twice in a row.
Fast Movement: Whenever this racial transformation is chosen, the highlander or lowlander adds 5 feet to his base land speed.
Prerequisite: Character level 4+.
Special: This racial transformation may not be selected twice in a row.
Feet of a Cat (Su): A wood elf with this transformation gains the ability to benefit from a pass without trace effect for a number of hours per day equal to his character level. This is a use-activated ability with a caster level equal to character level.
Fiendish Form (Ex): When this racial transformation is selected, the tiefling takes on more of the physical features of his patrons. He gains a +4 transformation bonus to Hide checks as his skin becomes dark and shadowy, he gains a +2 bonus to grapple checks as spikes grow from his flesh, and the smell of brimstone constantly accompanies him, causing mundane animals to refuse to track him by scent. However, his presence now unnerves animals, giving him a –4 to all Handle Animal, Ride, and wild empathy checks.
Prerequisite: Outsider.
Fire Resistance (Ex): When the dwarf selects this racial transformation, he gains fire resistance equal to his character level at the time of choosing. Once chosen, the fire resistance does not increase. He is also naturally resistant to the upper extremes of temperature, and may act as if under the effects of a permanent endure elements (for purposes of hot environments only). When the tiefling selects this racial transformation, he gains fire resistance 5.
Special: If the dwarf selects this racial transformation more than once, his resistance to fire increases to his current character level. The two racial transformations do not stack. The second time this racial transformation is taken, the tiefling’s fire resistance increases to 10. The third time it is taken, the tiefling gains immunity to fire.
Fire’s Friend (Ex): The orc’s body responds dramatically to exposure to a warmer environment. His native resistance to cold expands to include other elements. He gains resistance to fire 5.
Prerequisite: Con 13.
Flight (Su): The ogre gains a fly speed of 40 ft. (good maneuverability) as a supernatural ability.
Prerequisite: The ogre must have selected the awakening magic racial transformation four times.
Flowers on the Brow: A lowlander that selects this racial transformation becomes very attractive to potential mates, gaining a +1 bonus to all Charisma-based skill checks against members of the appropriate gender. Furthermore, his shaper level is considered to be two levels higher for the purposes of caster level checks.
Followthrough (Ex): A trueborn’s strength and reflexes allow him to make effective secondary attacks. A character that selects this transformation gains a +1 transformation bonus to attack and damage rolls on the second melee attack made in a round, whether granted through use of the Cleave feat, a high base attack bonus, or other effects.
Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +6.
Frostborn (Ex): The orc gains the cold subtype. He gains immunity to cold, but takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from fire attacks.
Prerequisites: Character level 8th, blood of ice.
Special: May not also select the fire’s friend transformation.
Frugal: A saltblood that selects this racial transformation reduces his need for food, water, and sleep by one-half. Note that a wizard that selects this racial transformation still needs to rest for eight hours in order to recover spells.
Full Spell Resistance: The night elf gains spell resistance equal to 15 plus his character level.
Prerequisite: Moderate spell resistance, character level 10.[/sblock]
[sblock=G]Gambler: Once per day, a saltblood may reroll any natural 1 on an attack roll or saving throw. However, he must take the results of the second roll; if it is a failure, he fails in some spectacular and probably dangerous fashion. At the very least, he suffers a –4 circumstance penalty to all rolls for the rest of the encounter.
Ghosting: This allows gnomes to live on both the Material Plane and the fey realm of Itheria simultaneously. Normally this has no effect except to give the gnome a slightly fuzzy look, as if his form is slightly blurred. On command, however, the gnome can ghost, phasing back and forth between the planes more rapidly than the mortal eye can follow. The effect is identical to the blink spell except that the gnome travels back and forth to Itheria rather than the Ethereal Plane. It requires a full-round action to activate this ability, and the gnome can only activate it once per day for a duration of up to one minute.
Giant: When the ogre selects this racial transformation, his creature type changes from humanoid to giant.
Prerequisite: Large size, character level 8+.
Gold-Blooded: A lowlander that selects this racial transformation gains resistance to acid 1, cold 1, fire 1, and electricity 1.
Good First Impression: A halfling that chooses this racial transformation learns to project his inner congeniality toward others, calming them and making them much more likely to greet the character as a friend. The first time a halfling makes a Diplomacy check to affect or determine the mood of an NPC, he automatically takes 20 on the die roll, regardless of the circumstances.
Great Swimmer: A lowlander that selects this racial transformation can always take 10 on Swim checks and can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to three times his Constitution score.
Green Man’s Chosen: A lowlander that selects this racial transformation gains shaman as a favored class, in addition to his current favored class. Furthermore, his shaman level is considered to be two levels higher for the purposes of caster level checks.
Guardian Will: When a minotaur selects this transformation, he gains the ability to pledge himself to an ally with a lower Strength score each morning. Until the next sunrise, the minotaur receives a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls against creatures that he has seen attack his pledged ally.[/sblock]
[sblock=H]Hands of Ice (Ex): Once per day, a ghost elf with this transformation may use a standard action to coat one melee weapon, one of his own natural weapons, or 5 arrows, bolts, or bullets with ice. They gain the frost special ability. The transformation lasts for one round per character level, and ceases functioning if anyone but the ghost elf uses the weapons.
Prerequisite: Character level 6th+.
Harvester’s Chosen: A lowlander that selects this racial transformation gains ranger as a favored class, in addition to his current favored class. Furthermore, if he is already a ranger, his bonus against all current favored enemies increases by +1.
Healthy (Ex): A highlander with this racial transformation gains a +4 transformation bonus to any saving throw to resist poisons and diseases.
Heart of a Bear (Ex): A wood elf with this transformation gains the ability to rage, as a barbarian, once per day. If the wood elf can already rage, he may rage an additional time per day.
Prerequisites: Con 13, character level 6th.
Heart of Autumn (Ex): A gnome with this transformation gains a +2 talent bonus to Fortitude saves.
Heart of Spring (Ex): A gnome with this transformation gains a +1 bonus to his effective caster level when invoking magic that targets or affects plants or plant creatures.
Heart of Summer (Ex): A gnome with this transformation gains resistance to fire 3 and never suffers non-lethal damage from hot temperatures and conditions.
Heart of the Mists (Sp): Once per day as a standard action, the ghost elf can release mists into the world around him. This works exactly like the obscuring mist spell, except that the ghost elf can see through mists that he creates. Caster level equal to one-half character level.
Special: Each time the ghost elf selects this racial transformation, he may use the ability an additional time per day.
Heart of Winter (Ex): A gnome with this transformation gains resistance to cold 3 and never suffers non-lethal damage from cold temperatures and conditions.
Hero’s Son: Once per day, a lowlander’s drive and his courage allow him to take 10 on an attack roll or saving throw.
Hold Breath: The saltblood gains the ability to hold his breath for up to one hour once per day.
Prerequisite: Perfect Swimmer.
Holy Light (Sp): A trueborn that selects this racial transformation can evoke the celestial power in his blood to cast light as a spell-like ability at will.
Hunter’s Hope (Ex): A night elf with this transformation gains a +4 transformation bonus to Survival checks when tracking, and never suffers penalties due to poor visibility when tracking.[/sblock]
[sblock=I]Icy Breath (Su): Once per day, the forest wight may exhale cold breath as a breath weapon. The breath starts in a space adjacent to the forest wight and extends in a direction of his choice. The attack is a half circle of cold that extends in a 10-ft. radius and inflicts 1d4 points of cold damage per character level (maximum 10d4). Anyone caught in the area of effect may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + one-half the forest wight’s character level + his Constitution modifier) for half damage. When the forest wight executes this attack, he suffers 1 point of cold damage per die of damage inflicted.
Improved Climber: When the dwarf selects this racial transformation, he gains a climb speed of 10 feet. He gains a +8 racial bonus on all Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
Improved Fading: The gnome may now activate his fading ability as a free action and can do so up to three times per day for a duration of up to one minute each. A gnome that selects this ability becomes pale and ghostlike even when not using this ability.
Improved Grab (Ex): The thinblood develops his neck and jaws so that, once he bites his target, he can lock down and pull the target towards him. Alternatively, he may choose to select his tail as the attack with which he may use this ability. If the thinblood hits with the chosen attack, he may immediately attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity.
Prerequisite: Bite attack or lashing tail.
Improved Spell Immunity: Each time the dawn elf selects this racial transformation, he may choose an additional spell to which he becomes immune.
Infernal Presence: Each time a tiefling chooses this racial transformation, he gains the ability to manifest the power of his fiendish blood. His eyes glow, his skin ripples, and his force of personality intensifies. This effect acts as the fear spell against all creatures that can see the tiefling, although companions and comrades are unaffected by the display. The Will save DC against this ability is 14 + the tiefling’s Charisma modifier.
Inured to Good (Ex): A tiefling of evil alignment that selects this racial transformation is not considered evil for purposes of wielding holy weapons or suffering additional damage from holy weapons.[/sblock]
[sblock=J]Joyous Heart (Ex): If a halfling that selects this transformation fails a Fortitude save to resist ability damage, ability drain, or energy drain, he may immediately make a second saving throw against the same DC. If he succeeds at the second saving throw, he may ignore the effect.[/sblock]
[sblock=L]Large Size: When a minotaur or ogre selects this racial transformation, the individual’s natural reach extends to 10 feet. He suffers a –1 size penalty on all attack rolls and to AC. He may now wield large weapons one-handed or use Huge weapons two-handed.
Lashing Tail (Ex): A thinblood that selects this racial transformation gains a tail attack at his highest base attack bonus that deals 1d6 points of damage plus his Strength modifier. When using the full attack action, the thinblood may use other weapons and still make the tail attack, in which case the tail attack suffers a –5 penalty to the attack roll. However, the thinblood receives a –10 penalty on Disguise checks when attempting to hide the tail.
Prerequisite: Balancing tail.
Lucky (Ex): When a highlander selects this racial transformation, he gains a luck bonus equal to his highest ability modifier. Once per day, before rolling, he may assign the bonus to a d20 roll. The bonus does not increase later.[/sblock]
[sblock=M]Memories from Better Days: Each time this racial trait is selected, the ghost elf gains one additional known divine spell of any level he can cast (if he is a spontaneous caster) or one additional divine spell slot per day of any level he can cast (if he must prepare his divine spells).
Prerequisite: Divine spellcaster level 1+.
Mighty Spring: As a move action and without requiring a Jump check, a minotaur can leap a number of 5-ft. squares in any direction equal to his Strength modifier. The minotaur may choose to make a Jump check as normal to extend the distance. Using this ability with a running jump requires a full-round action.
Minor Spell Resistance: The night elf’s spell resistance is now equal to 5 plus his character level.
Mistwalker (Ex): A ghost elf with this transformation may ignore concealment gained from any fog, smoke, or mist, whether natural or magical. Furthermore, he gains the ability to see clearly though natural fog, smoke, or mist out to a range of 60 ft.
Moderate Spell Resistance: The night elf’s spell resistance is now equal to 10 plus his character level.
Prerequisite: Minor Spell Resistance, character level 6+.
Monstrous Humanoid: When the doppelganger or minotaur selects this racial transformation, his creature type changes from humanoid to monstrous humanoid.
Prerequisite: Character level 6+.[/sblock]
[sblock=N]Natural Armor: Each time the lizardfolk, minotaur or ogre chooses this ability, his natural armor increases by +1. When the doppelganger, thinblood, tiefling or trueborn chooses this ability, his natural armor increases by +1.
Prerequisite: Character level 2+ (minotaur) or 4+ (ogre & tiefling).
Special: The doppelganger, thinblood, tiefling and trueborn may only choose this transformation once. This racial transformation may not be selected twice in a row (minotaur and ogre).
Natural Swimmer: When this racial transformation is chosen, the saltblood gains a swim speed of 10 feet. This grants the saltblood a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. In addition, he can always take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. He can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
Prerequisite: Character level 4+.[/sblock]
[sblock=O]Outsider: When the tiefling or trueborn selects this racial transformation, his creature type changes from humanoid to outsider.
Prerequisite: Character level 6+.[/sblock]
[sblock=P]Perfect Swimmer: When this ability is chosen, the saltblood’s Swim speed increases by 10 feet.
Prerequisite: Natural Swimmer.
Pounce (Ex): If a lizardfolk that selects this transformation charges, he may attack with each of his natural weapons.
Prerequisite: Natural weapon mastery II.[/sblock]
[sblock=Q]Quick Feet: A halfling who chooses this racial transformation gains a 5 ft. bonus to land speed. This movement bonus only counts for moves and double moves.
Special: This racial transformation cannot be chosen twice in a row.[/sblock]
[sblock=R]Rend (Ex): When a lizardfolk that selects this transformation successfully strikes with both claw attacks, he automatically deals additional damage equal to 2d6 + one and one-half times his Strength modifier.
Prerequisite: Ancestor’s claws.
Roots in the Soil: A lowlander that selects this racial transformation always knows how far away from his home village he is, what direction it lies in, and how long it might take him to get back. This knowledge gives him a +4 to Survival checks to avoid getting lost. Furthermore, he gains a +2 transformation bonus to attack and damage rolls when in Anderland.[/sblock]
[sblock=S]Scent: When a lizardfolk or minotaur chooses this ability, he can detect opponents within 10 feet (double that if the scent is upwind, one-half if downwind) and may take a move action to determine the direction of a scent. If an odor source, such as an opponent, is within 5 feet, the individual can pinpoint that source. An individual can use scent to track an enemy.
Shape of Dreams (Su): A number of times per day equal to his Charisma modifier, a doppelganger with this transformation can adapt his appearance to take advantage of a single viewer’s positive feelings toward specific physical traits. He may select one humanoid target within 30 ft. That target must make a Will save (DC 10 + one-half the doppelganger’s character level + his Charisma modifier) or be charmed (as the spell charm person). The target, whether he succeeds or fails, does not realize that he has been targeted by a charm effect.
Prerequisite: Detect thoughts.
Shape of Nightmare (Su): A number of times per day equal to his Charisma modifier, a doppelganger with this transformation can adapt his appearance to take advantage of the viewer’s fears. He may select one humanoid target within 30 ft. That target must make a Will save (DC 10 + one-half the doppelganger’s character level + his Charisma modifier) or be shaken. The target, whether he succeeds or fails, does not realize that he has been targeted by a fear effect.
Prerequisite: Detect thoughts.
Skywalker (Ex): After making a Jump check, a highlander that selects this racial transformation may end the round in a square without visible support (i.e., in the air, halfway up a wall). On the next round, he may make another Jump check to extend the jump even further. If he does not make a second Jump check, or if the results of the second Jump check do not result in the highlander landing on a solid surface, he falls as normal.
Snake Form I: When this ability is selected, the thinblood gains the ability to polymorph into the form of a Medium constrictor snake once per day. This works just like the spell except that the thinblood can only take this specific form and he does not heal damage when he changes forms. The caster level is equal to the thinblood’s character level.
Snake Form II: When this ability is selected, the thinblood gains the ability to polymorph into the form of a Tiny viper once per day. This works just like the spell except that the thinblood can only take this specific form (as well as any previous forms gained through this transformation) and he does not heal damage when he changes form. The caster level is equal to the thinblood’s character level.
Snake Form III: When this ability is selected, the thinblood gains the ability to polymorph into the form of a Huge viper once per day. This works just like the spell except that the thinblood can only take this specific form (as well as any previous forms gained through this transformation) and he does not heal damage when he changes form. The caster level is equal to the thinblood’s character level.
Snowblooded (Ex): A ghost elf with this transformation gains resistance to cold 5.
Spell Resistance: When the trueborn chooses this racial transformation, he gains spell resistance equal to 5 + his character level against evil spells and the spelllike abilities of evil outsiders.
Prerequisite: Aura of good, character level 6+.
Steal Memories (Su): A doppelganger with this transformation can learn things about his target, but only if it dies by his hand. First, the doppelganger must perform a coup de grace that kills the target. The next round, if he remains in physical contact with the target and uses his change shape ability to mimic the individual, he may gain instant awareness of some pieces of information known by the creature. The information gained is exactly like that gained by a speak with dead spell, except that the knowledge is gained instantly and telepathically. The player of the doppelganger must still ask the specific questions that he wants answered, and the target still receives a saving throw. Save DC is equal to 13 + the Charisma modifier of the doppelganger. The caster level is equal to the doppelganger’s character level.
Prerequisites: Detect thoughts, shape change.
Stable (Ex): A highlander’s arms grow thicker, his legs bow slightly, and his bones become remarkably dense. These changes give him a +2 transformation bonus to grapple checks.
Staunch (Ex): A trueborn that selects this transformation gains a +1 transformation bonus to two saving throws of his choice.
Strength of Body, Mind, and Spirit: Each time the lowlander chooses this racial transformation, he gains a +1 bonus to all saving throws.
Strength of Conquest (Su): When wielding a lance and performing a mounted charge, a trueborn that selects this transformation gains the favor of the powers of good. His lance is considered to be under the effect of a bless weapon spell during the charge. This effect does not apply to any attacks after the first (such as with the Cleave feat). Caster level is equal to character level.
Swimmer (Ex): The ogre with this transformation gains a swim speed equal to his base speed.[/sblock]
[sblock=T]Tail: When this racial transformation is selected, the tiefling grows a tail similar to that possessed by many of his infernal patrons. This grants the tiefling an additional ring item slot, and the added balance provided by the tail grants him a +2 transformation bonus on Balance checks.
Special: If this racial transformation is selected twice, the tiefling’s tail becomes prehensile and grants the tiefling the ability to make a single grapple, disarm, or trip attack with the tail at his highest base attack bonus. When using the full attack action, the tiefling may use other weapons and still make the tail attack, in which case the tail attack suffers a –5 penalty on the attack roll.
Taste the Shadow (Ex): A night elf with this transformation does not need to eat or drink while underground.
Prerequisite: Drink the darkness.
Thoughtful (Ex): The mind of a highlander that selects this racial transformation has been honed, granting him a +1 transformation bonus to all Intelligence-based skills.
Thunder Shout (Ex): As a standard action, a lizardfolk that selects this transformation may utter a mighty roar once per day plus one additional time for every 5 character levels. All animals within 60 ft. of the lizardfolk must make a Will save (DC 10 + one-half the lizardfolk’s character level + his Charisma modifier) or be panicked for 2d4 rounds.
Touch of Frost (Ex): A dawn elf with this transformation removes his body from the organic cycle. He becomes immune to poison and no longer needs to breathe.
Special: A dawn elf with the burning bright transformation cannot choose touch of frost.
Prerequisite: Character level 10th, ageless.
Tough as Tree Roots (Ex): A halfling that selects this racial transformation gains a +4 bonus to saves to resist poison, disease, and environmental effects that would cause fatigue.
Trackless Step (Ex): The forest wight with this transformation moves as if affected by a pass without trace spell.
Special: Characters who already gain or already have the ability to pass without trace (either from a spell or from a class ability) may pass over a 5 ft. gap without making a Jump check.
Transformation Feats: When the character selects this racial transformation, he gains one of a specific list of feats.
Special: The character must still meet the prerequisites for any feat selected with this talent. This racial talent may not be selected twice in a row.
Doppelganger feats: Dodge, Endurance, or Great Fortitude.
Dwarf feats: Endurance, Great Fortitude, or Toughness.
Elf, Dawn feats: Dodge, Lightning Reflexes, or Iron Will.
Elf, Ghost feats: Dodge, Lightning Reflexes, or Iron Will.
Elf, Moon feats: Dodge, Lightning Reflexes, or Iron Will.
Elf, Night feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, or Iron Will.
Elf, Wood feats: Dodge, Lightning Reflexes, or Iron Will.
Gnome feats: Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, or Toughness.
Halfling feats: Dodge, Lightning Reflexes, or Run.
Human, Highlander feats: Dodge, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Run, or Toughness.
Human, Lowlander feats: Diehard, Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Run, or Toughness.
Human, Saltblood feats: Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, or Toughness.
Human, Trueborn feats: Great Fortitude, Iron Will, or Toughness.
Lizardfolk feats: Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, or Toughness.
Minotaur feats: Diehard, Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, or Toughness.
Ogre feats: Diehard, Endurance, Great Fortitude, or Toughness.
Orc feats: Diehard, Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Run, or Toughness.
Orc, Forest Wight feats: Acrobatic, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, or Stealthy.
Tiefling feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, or Lightning Reflexes.
Thinblood feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes.
Transformation Skills: When the character selects this transformation, he gains a total transformation bonus of +5 (or +6 if a human) that may be distributed among a specific list of skills.
Special: A skill may receive no more than a +3 talent bonus from this ability.
Doppelganger skills: Balance, Climb, Disable Device, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Open Lock, or Swim.
Dwarf skills: Balance, Climb, Jump, and Concentration.
Elf, Dawn skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Jump, or Swim.
Elf, Ghost skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Jump, or Swim.
Elf, Moon skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Jump, or Swim.
Elf, Night skills: Balance, Escape Artist, Hide, and Move Silently.
Elf, Wood skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Jump, or Swim.
Gnome skills: Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, Move Silently, Ride, and Swim.
Halfling skills: Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Ride, Tumble, and Use Rope.
Human, Highlander skills: Balance, Jump, Ride, Swim, or Tumble.
Human Lowlander skills: Climb, Concentration, Jump, Ride, and Swim.
Human, Saltblood skills: Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, Swim, Tumble, and Use Rope.
Human, Trueborn skills: Concentration, Jump, and Ride.
Lizardfolk skills: Balance, Climb, Jump, and Swim.
Minotaur skills: Balance, Climb, Jump, and Swim.
Ogre skills: Climb, Jump, Ride, and Swim.
Orc skills: Climb, Jump, Ride, and Swim.
Orc, Forest Wight skills: Balance, Climb, Jump, Listen, and Spot.
Tiefling skills: Balance, Escape Artist, Move Silently, and Swim.
Thinblood skills: Escape Artist, Move Silently, and Swim.
Tremorsense (Ex): When the dwarf selects this racial transformation, he gains tremorsense to a range of 15 feet.
Special: Each time the dwarf takes this ability, the range of his tremorsense extends by 5 feet.[/sblock]
[sblock=U]Unbound Spirit (Ex): An ogre with this transformation becomes immune to compulsion effects.
Special: The ogre must not have a giant master and must be of chaotic alignment.
Unseen Strength (Ex): A halfling that selects this transformation may not only ignore the normal 3/4 penalty to carrying capacity for Small bipedal creatures, he can carry 25% more weight than a Medium bipedal creature of his Strength. This affects the weight limits at which he is considered encumbered, as well. For instance, a halfling with a 14 Strength would normally be able carry 43 lbs. (25% less than a human of equal Strength) as a light load, whereas a halfling that selects this transformation can carry 72 lbs. (25% more than a human of equal Strength) as a light load.
Prerequisite: Str 13.
Unusual Physiology: When the doppelganger selects this racial transformation, he gains a 10% chance to negate any successful critical hit. This ability works exactly as if the doppelganger were wearing armor of fortification, and the ability stacks with such armor.
Special: This racial transformation can be selected multiple times. Each time it is selected, increase the chance of avoiding a critical hit by 10%.[/sblock]
[sblock=V]Visions of the Spirit (Sp): A dawn elf with this transformation can use this to sense life, or its absence, in the creatures around him. This works exactly like both the detect plants and animals spell and the detect undead spell, except that it requires twice the number of rounds searching an area to get each level of information. The elf may use this ability at will.
Prerequisite: Elfsight.[/sblock]
[sblock=W]Wait like Rock (Ex): An orc that selects this transformation can choose to hibernate for one month per point of his Constitution modifier. During this time, he does not need food or water, although he does require air and will die if exposed to extreme environmental conditions. A hibernating orc awakens instantly if attacked, but is otherwise oblivious to his surroundings. After coming out of one month or more of hibernation, the orc remains active for up to seven days without sleep. After this period, he returns to a normal sleep cycle. The orc must wait for at least one month between hibernation cycles.
Weave Moonlight (Ex): Some moon elves can weave silvery cloth out of moonlight. This ability allows them to perform as much work using Craft (weaving) in a night as another character could accomplish in a week. Cloth made of woven moonlight is always white, gray, or black. It is considered normal cloth for all practical purposes.
Weave Starlight (Ex): After learning to weave moonlight, a handful of moon elves move on to weaving the wisps of starlight. This allows the moon elf to create cloth that can be easily enchanted, reducing the base price (and therefore the material cost and XP) required to create magic padded armor or clothing-type wondrous items by one-half. Additionally, adding starlight to the weave allows the moon elf to create cloth of any primary color.
Prerequisites: Weave moonlight, character level 6th+.
Weave Sunlight (Ex): A rare few moon elves, after mastering the arts of weaving moonlight and starlight, move on to weave the brilliant light of the sun. This cloth has all of the attributes of both woven moonlight and starlight. Additionally, clothing made of woven sunlight provides a deflection bonus of +3 against incorporeal creatures and +1 against other forms of physical attack.
Prerequisites: Weave moonlight, weave starlight, character level 8th+.
Wild Empathy: A dawn elf that selects this racial transformation can use body language, vocalizations, and demeanor to improve the attitude of an animal (such as a bear or a giant lizard). This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person (see PHB, Chapter 4: Skills). The dawn elf rolls 1d20 and adds his character level and Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly. A dawn elf shaman adds twice his class level to this check (as well as levels from other classes) to reflect his training as well as his innate connection with animals.
To use wild empathy, the elf and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
An elf can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2 (such as a basilisk or a girallon), but he takes a –4 penalty on the check.
Wings: When this racial transformation is selected, the tiefling grows a pair of bat-like wings. This grants the tiefling a fly speed of 30 ft. (average).
Prerequisite: Fiendish form, outsider.
Wolf Run (Ex): When running in light or no armor and carrying no more than a light load, the orc moves five times his normal speed and retains his Dexterity bonus to AC. Additionally, he may double his Strength bonus on Jump checks made with a running start.
Special: An orc with wolf run may also select the Run feat. If he does so, he runs at six times his normal speed when wearing light or no armor and carrying no more than a light load. If wearing heavier armor or encumbered, he instead moves at five times his normal speed.
Word of Honor: Once per day as a full-round action, the minotaur may take an oath to perform a dangerous task. Until the next sunrise or sunset, while performing tasks related to this action, he receives a +1 morale bonus to skill checks and attack rolls. If he completes the task within that time, the bonus extends until the next sunrise or sunset. If he fails in the task, he suffers a –2 morale penalty to skill checks and attack rolls for a 24-hour period and cannot give his word of honor again for one week.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rystil, after looking at the talents again, I can see your interpretation and agree with it. If you wish to retcon to Thunder, that's fine, if your character has chosen to look like a Trueborn. I'll change the initial post to put you with them, and you can edit that one of yours if you tell me where he wants to go.

Tailspinner, you're a peach, thanks!

All - I'll be updating later tonight!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
doghead, in response to a previous question, Darvekis' capture is known mostly by higher-ranking tieflings. A noble like the one you're impersonating would probably known. Officers are often nobles.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Rystil, after looking at the talents again, I can see your interpretation and agree with it. If you wish to retcon to Thunder, that's fine, if your character has chosen to look like a Trueborn. I'll change the initial post to put you with them, and you can edit that one of yours if you tell me where he wants to go.

Tailspinner, you're a peach, thanks!

All - I'll be updating later tonight!
So you agree about it not being a prereq but not about getting all humans if I picked human, right (just checking for sure :heh: ) Cool, that makes sense to me too. If it wouldn't be too much of a problem, I'd like to retcon him to the Thunder then. Mind, I don't think he can actually help the Thunder because Psionic powers are very short range and it looks like the casters will be in the back, but at least this way he won't be hurting the Rain this way. Poor Ssiran.

Thanks Isida! :)

Remove ads