• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #1

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

Keia said:
"Yeah . . . and I don't understand it any better," Lorenzo offered. "All I know is that right now it's only you, me, Corey and Kyle against the world. Until someone proves otherwise . . . thats the way its got to be."

"Our first order of business should be getting the others out before they're shipped somewhere we can't help them from,"
Lorenzo continued. From his tone, it seemed that Lorenzo had a plan . . . or at least the beginnings of one. "To understand what we have to work with, we need to learn about how Corey can help."

Lorenzo was careful not to mention either their power and abilities or their plans very specific. He was getting paranoid . . . and guessed that it was a good thing.

"Hey, if it's us agains the world then it should better hold tight to it's seatbelts. Never made a habbit of loosing and don't intend on starting it now. I bet Kyle will find out what's with Corey."
It takes her a second to think about the next part. It's still hard to even think like that.
"Once we know it's time to send the ...normal one's...home to get them out of this whole mess."
She doesn't even think of asking for a plan. She's not even sure she wants to know since their chances look so slim to her. They'll make it work...somehow.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Kyle's Family's House

Corey tipped the can back and tasted the odd flavor of the beer as it poured into his mouth.

Kyle had fired up the grill and was cleaning off the surface when Amanda came rushing outside. "Hey guys! I was just talking to my mom and she said the cops caught a bunch of mutants and they are shipping them out of town tonight. Kinda creepy, huh? Anyway, Zo and Jen wanted me to tell you and see what ya thought."

She moved closer to Kyle, as if to stay warm, brushing up against his arm. "A beer? Do you think I could have one?" As she looked up at Kyle, he was looking back into the house where he also saw that Lorenzo and Jennifer were staring back at him.

Detention Center

They were treated roughly without being harmed as the guards moved them across the huge, indoor parking area. A large, dark truck, with no markings, stood by in the center of the area. The truck was definitely not off the dealer lot but also not fancy enough to get a second look on a crowded road.

While the others whispered, Sammy listened to two of the guards talking. They did not go into detail but if he understood them, it sounded like they would be travelling underground for about a mile before coming out onto the main road. And it definitely sounded like they were going to Youngstown.

The air in the garage was even cooler than that in their cells. As they got closer to the truck they all quickly noticed there were no windows. They were stopped and patted down before they got into the truck. They were now close enough they could almost see inside.

Kyle smiles and pulls out a can. "Careful, don't get caught by your sister." he teases. "and drink slow, Corey. I know you had a bad day but you need to slow down a bit, you get sick and my uncle's 'I don't see I don't yell' rule goes out the window." Kyle sighs as he listens to Amanda. "Your sister will be checking at your house I'm sure, might want to check in with her at the least. As it is, everyone else is too far across town to make it before Curfew, but your place is just across the street." looks disappointed. "was hoping we could catch up later you know.."

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

Corey takes a long gulp of the beer, and barely manages to keep himself from coughing. People actually like this stuff? It tastes like... spoiled soda. But he keeps his thoughts to himself, and continues drinking it at a slower pace.

When Amanda comes outside, he listens intently. "I wonder how many a bunch is." Did Sammy live? Is he one of those mutants? I'll never see him again either way. He takes another big gulp of beer.

Velmont

First Post
Andrew stay silent, and stay alert to see if there would not be something that could help the group to escape during the travel... it may be the first true occasion to escape, he knew it.

Unicron818

First Post
Sammy Donaldson

While the others whispered, Sammy listened to two of the guards talking. They did not go into detail but if he understood them, it sounded like they would be travelling underground for about a mile before coming out onto the main road. And it definitely sounded like they were going to Youngstown.

Underground for that long? Wheres that at? Sammy had thought. There aren't many places you can drive underground around this area. And Youngstown is a haul from here. Man, we've gotta determine a route and pray Gabe retaines his cell through this pat down.

Sammy' attention was flashed back to reality with a sharp tug from an officer.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Kyle's Family's House

Lorenzo and Jennifer managed to finish getting everything inside ready for dinner while trying to figure out how to even begin to plot the escape of their friends. They were both determined in the belief that they could do something to help if only they had some kind of information to work with. They both watched Kyle, Corey and Amanda out the window waiting to see what Kyle made of her news and what would happen next. All they saw were three teenage kids drinking beer by the grill.

Amanda helped herself to a beer and smiled at Kyle after taking a drink. Then she got serious and looked at Corey. "So, you saw the mutant get captured? Some kid from your school, right? What was it like, were you scared? I've never seen anything like that, it's got to be so cool." She moved one of the plastic chairs over from the other end of the patio and sat near Kyle, facing Corey.

Detention Center

Although they each knew it was a genetic quirk that put them here, the pat down made them start to feel like criminals. On of the guards found the cell phone on Gabe and was quick to share it with the others. He held Gabe's shoulder with a steady grip while he spoke. "Hey, look at this. Must have been first shift that brought this kid in, he's got a cell phone on him!" Another guard spoke up. "Here, I'll take that to I.D., you know they're gonna wanna see it." No more attention was given to Gabe and after a moment his blood no longer felt like ice and his heartbeat slowed back down.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

..."Hey, look at this. Must have been first shift that brought this kid in, he's got a cell phone on him!" Another guard spoke up. "Here, I'll take that to I.D., you know they're gonna wanna see it." No more attention was given to Gabe and after a moment his blood no longer felt like ice and his heartbeat slowed back down.

Co-operating fully with the guards, Eleyna was irritated when they had to go through yet another pat-down at the truck. How many times do they need to do this? It's not like we've had access to anything we could use to our advantage! She sighed audibly and feigned indifference despite her feelings of extreme uncomfortability. When the guards reached Gabe however, her heart sank. They had discovered his cell phone, but the worst part was that the last recorded number on it would be Andrew's call to Coach Shelton. Great, she thought. Now that idiot has probably gotten the coach in trouble.

She looked over at Gabe and very softly offered a sympathetic apology. "Sorry about your phone, Gabe."

Kyle Graham

"It's kinda hard on us, actually, Amanada. You don't know most of the folks that well anymore, and well it is kind of a shock to see a freind carted off to one of those camps where mutants are worked to death. I mean, you can't really blame a person for their genes can you?" Kyle says gently. :I wonder what she thinks of mutants:

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

Nuke261 said:
Kyle's Family's House
Amanda helped herself to a beer and smiled at Kyle after taking a drink. Then she got serious and looked at Corey. "So, you saw the mutant get captured? Some kid from your school, right? What was it like, were you scared? I've never seen anything like that, it's got to be so cool." She moved one of the plastic chairs over from the other end of the patio and sat near Kyle, facing Corey.

Corey scowls at Amanda.

"Seeing the cops shoot down some criminal on tv is cool... seeing them shoot down someone you know isn't."

Then he turns around and heads inside.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads