DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #1

Kyle Graham

"Look Corey, it's like this. I got two powers.. One hurts like all get out when I use it, and the other is a.. knack for knowing who is a mutant." looks him square in the eye. "Trust me, I grew up hearing how things used to be and what went wrong with this country." this is a new Kyle, more serious and focused than the school prankster. "I get to hear my aunt cry at night sometimes because she's can't have kids without a gene screen she's sure she'll fail. I got my uncle getting angry every time he sees a Sentinel on TV and who won't tell me a thing about my folks. I am pretty sure my dad was a mutant, almost as sure as I am that all of us are. I'm tired of watching and waiting to be rounded up. I am not asking anyone to come along with me, but I can't just walk in without support you know. So, can you do it or not?"

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey looks down at his feet as Kyle finishes speaking. It is crazy. How did I get into this? Just a bunch of bad luck. No... a bunch of stuff that seemed like bad luck, but it all happened because I'm a mutant. I'm a damn mutie. Sammy wouldn't hesitate. He's the one that had bad luck, lighting up in the middle of a stakeout. I owe it to him to at least try. Wish I knew how.

Corey looks up at Kyle again, and for once he sounds sure of himself, although he still stutters. "Al-alright, I'm in." His eyes wander across Jennifer and Lorenzo as he continues. "I can run really fast. And... I dunno. I think.. I think I knocked out Dennis last month. I don't know how to spoof a phone." He frowns. "I'm not e-even sure what that means. But we can't just, walk in the place. They've probably got.. m-mutant scanner thingies all over. Maybe we could stop them on the way to Youngstown?"

Last edited:

Kyle Graham 2/2 hp

"Good, we can get all grumpy and depressed about being MUTANTS later." Kyle says to Corey as he claps him on the shoulder. "Let's see what we've got, a Telepath of some sort." nods to Lorenzo, "a speedster." looks to Jenn, "Any idea of your talents and me." puts a hand on his chest. "A mutant shapeshifter slash bloodhound."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds Hps: 2/2

"Doesn't sound like we're the frontal assault guys . . . and girl," Lorenzo said, smiling. Even through all of this tense talk, he seemed really relaxed . . . calm. He laid out the next issue with that same calm, as if he was just talking about what he liked on his pizza."Stopping them along the road would probably be the best idea. There is a big drawback, though. Hitting them on the route is a one-shot deal. If they try anything tricky, and we miss them, we've lost any shot at saving them."

"That said, I'm up for it," Lorenzo said. "Now we need to know, where . . . and when . . . and develop a plan of some kind before that time. Piece of cake."

Radiant

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Kyle Graham 2/2 hp

"Good, we can get all grumpy and depressed about being MUTANTS later." Kyle says to Corey as he claps him on the shoulder. "Let's see what we've got, a Telepath of some sort." nods to Lorenzo, "a speedster." looks to Jenn, "Any idea of your talents and me." puts a hand on his chest. "A mutant shapeshifter slash bloodhound."

"I don't know much about the mutant buisness but it looks like I'm tough to hurt. Couldn't even cut me with a knife then I tried. And if I get hit I actualy feel better."
She blinks.
"No nasty commmets please. ...
I think I can somehow blast away with the energy og whatever hit me. I just don't know how much damage I can take. So I hope I won't get shot or something but if I might even survive it. So if it comes to fighting it should be me."

Her expression is not too happy at that but she does her best not to look affraid. Corey appears nervous enough without her making it any worse.

Kangaxx

First Post
Radiant said:
"I don't know much about the mutant buisness but it looks like I'm tough to hurt. Couldn't even cut me with a knife then I tried. And if I get hit I actualy feel better."
She blinks.
"No nasty commmets please. ...
I think I can somehow blast away with the energy og whatever hit me. I just don't know how much damage I can take. So I hope I won't get shot or something but if I might even survive it. So if it comes to fighting it should be me."

Her expression is not too happy at that but she does her best not to look affraid. Corey appears nervous enough without her making it any worse.

"So like, if I hit you with a baseball bat, then you punched Kyle, it would be like I hit Kyle with the bat?" Corey tries to shut out the mental image of himself whacking Jennifer with a baseball bat while she just stands there, but doesn't have much success.

"Um, what if I hit you ten times? Then could you, like, punch Kyle ten times as hard?"

Last edited:

Kyle Graham hp 2/2

Kyle paces thinking on this a bit, a very strange sight considering most of the time Kyle is usually the class clown. After a few minutes of thinking. "Doubtful that we can pull off a really heavy handed snatch and grab, we're just a group of new mutants barely coming into our power. We sure as hell aren't the X-men or the Avengers.. besides look how they wound up." shakes his head. "We're going to need a bit of distraction and suberfuge. I can be the intial draw, if we pick the right look for me to run as, Lorenzo can get us the info we need once we stop them, Jennifer and Corey could be the way we stop the transport. Problem is like this... a: how do we find the transport? b. how do we get it to stop c. how do we protect our identies, I'm the only shapeshifter in the group d. most importantly how do we hide the others AFTER we get away? I mean by now the authorities might have rolled everything with a wrinkle in it for indentification purposes and know what they did when they were 5." Kyle sighs. "I have a ROUGH plan, but it's got a lot of holes in it. Anyone got any ideas?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kyle said:
" . . . how do we protect our identities, I'm the only shapeshifter in the group d. most importantly how do we hide the others AFTER we get away? I mean by now the authorities might have rolled everything with a wrinkle in it for indentification purposes and know what they did when they were 5." Kyle sighs. "I have a ROUGH plan, but it's got a lot of holes in it. Anyone got any ideas?"

"Well, as for c: I'm thinking dark shades, wigs and hats, . . . or less cool, halloween costumes and masks . . . I think I've got a Predator mask still at home from the Predator 5 movie a couple of years ago," Lorenzo smiled at the thoughts of the cool costume and party he went to . . . but he returned to reality soon enough.

"for d: let's worry about hiding them after their free . . . cart before the horse and all of that stuff," Lorenzo added. "For the plan . . . the damsel in distress always seems to work in the movies . . . or, which would be really cool, Jennifer could ram the transport in a truck or something."

"Jenn, if you absorb impacts, you should be protected . . . and juiced up after the impact to blast anyone that tries to stop us. I'm not certain how safe it would be . . . plus we'd need to disable the air bag in the truck, so that you could get out and all. Maybe that's not a good idea."

Lorenzo grabbed one of the abandoned beers and took a hearty swig.

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

Kangaxx said:
"So like, if I hit you with a baseball bat, then you punched Kyle, it would be like I hit Kyle with the bat?" Corey tries to shut out the mental image of himself whacking Jennifer with a baseball bat while she just stands there, but doesn't have much success.

"Um, what if I hit you ten times? Then could you, like, punch Kyle ten times as hard?"

The idea of getting hit with baseball bats doesn't appear too attracive too Jen and she winces about the idea of even repeating it.
"I'm not sure about you'r hobbies but getting beat up with baseball bats is not among mine so I have no idea what would happen. More importantly I would be very happy if I don't have to find out."
She tries to pictures herself driving a truck headlong into a car full of people and fails miserably.
"No offense Lorenzo but that sucks. Hitting people with trucks isn't high in my to do list.And our firiends will be in that car too. But you're right, the damsel in distress could work. Maybe we can just fake an accident to get them to stop. They're still cops so they should feel like helping me. I hope..."
At least the idea of masks sounds better.
"Halloween? Never, but how to find a mask fitting to my outfit? I could spend the whole day looking for that..."

Kyle Graham hp 2/2

"I think a 'distress' senario might work." Kyle says as he sits down. "But we need to think on how to apply our talents. I mean, I can be the one in distress, we got two folks who can do the blindesiding." Nods to Corey and Jennifer as he collects the beers to put them away. "we need to be thinking clear at this point, sorry. Lorenzo can do the mind bending stuff so we know what they are thinking, but how do we put it all together. I draw them out, you guys knock them down and Lorenzo helps with the cooridiantion?"

Remove ads