DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #1

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds Hps: 2/2

"Shades and a ballcap will have to do for me," Lorenzo replied. ". . . unless we swing by my house for a couple of masks and stuff."

"A ski mask would probably work better than your shirt, Core," Lorenzo added. He leaned back and stretched, his arms way over his head. "Kyle should have something like that around here. I can run everybody to the mall, we can enter, walk through the mall and exit out by Sammy's truck. 'Course it'd be good ta have the keys for the baby, unless someone can hotwire the vehicle. And we may want to have my car somewhere to swap to if we get in a chase. Cash might be important too. I can stop at an ATM in the mall for some money."

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

Even trying as hard as she can Jen just can't surpress a laugh then Corey pulls up his shirt.
"Well, you would sure confuse those cops then you attack them like that... . Lorenzo's idea sound pretty good, let's follow the wise old man."
She gives Kyle a soft nudge to the shoulder.
"Of course I'll be up front with you. I'm allways right in the middle of the fun."

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey puts his shirt back, looking more than a little red in the face. He suddenly remembers what he thought the first time he saw the three of them this morning.

Kangaxx said:
When he reaches the parking lot, he sees them talking to Kyle Graham and stops. Who am I kidding? We just need Andrew Ward out here and it'll be the who's who of Whitmyer High School. They don't want to hang out with me.

But now they're stuck with me because I'm a mutant. Corey stands there quietly and waits for the others to figure out their plan.

Unicron818

First Post
Sammy Donaldson

The truck began to move and the hearts of each of them seemed to stop briefly.

After the van had jerked into movement Sammy's breathing had stopped. A brief second to take in the air and for him to open his eyes. He watched to others; the look on their faces had matched his own feelings.

Sammy sitting there. Helpless. Something has to be done.

"Hey Sammy, how're you holding up?"

Sammy whispered lightly, "I'm soild, you? Hey Eleyna, just for future reference, if we ever get out of this alive all of us, together....I want my
parking space back."
Sammy gave an airy chuckle and a quick wink.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

Originally posted by Sammy
Sammy whispered lightly, "I'm soild, you? Hey Eleyna, just for future reference, if we ever get out of this alive all of us, together....I want my
parking space back." Sammy gave an airy chuckle and a quick wink.

She stared incredulously for a second at Sammy. Is he serious? When he winked and laughed, however, she couldn't help it. For some reason, it was the funniest thing she had ever heard. Despite the possiblity of angry guards, Eleyna began giggling and couldn't stop for a few minutes.

When she finally calmed down, she told him, "Right. It's yours."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds Hps: 2/2

Jennifer said:
Lorenzo's idea sound pretty good, let's follow the wise old man."[/color]

"Wise old man, my butt," Lorenzo responsed, grinned, then raised his hands and shaped them into claws, trying to look over-the-top menacing. "Watch out little miss middle of the fun woman."

"Kore, my man, we've got a damsel in distress and a shifter for point on this one. I've got interrogation and driver as my roles, what would you want to do? Any ideas?"
Lorenzo asked. "I don't have any idea just how fast you are, but I remember rumors of a punch . . . was that you?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Kyle's Family's House

The group continued to talk and plan as they took what they needed from the house and loaded into Lorenzo's car. With everything going on Lorenzo did not worry as much about making sure he was obeying traffic laws, he just drove and talked and thought. They arrived at the mall without incident and made their way inside. They stopped to compare notes and checked to make sure they weren't forgetting anything, then they were off on their shopping spree.

Hats, sunglasses, gloves, shirts and jackets were the main priorities. It seemed that even though they had most of the items they needed they realized this could be their last bit of fun and they decided to enjoy it. Impulse buys were made without hesitation, including a cd for the trip. Lorenzo bought a map of the Ohio and Pennsylvania region to make sure they didn't get lost or miss an obvious route. Kyle questioned Corey about Sammy's truck while shopping at Radio Hut and was confident he could override the entry code and automatic start with a simple purchase. Jennifer picked up some snacks. She was still pretty full from their buffet but figured if things took awhile they would need to eat later. Not to mention if the plan actually worked who knew when the others had last been fed.

After they had completed their rounds of the mall, they met up outside the designated eating area where they found Lorenzo at an ATM. While they waited around for him to finish they propped against the $2 photo booth that flashed images of couples and friends who had recently had their pictures taken and fed out on the 5 photo slip. As they watched the images scroll by they saw Andrew and Catherine cuddling and kissing as well as 5 shots of Sammy trying to look tough and silly.

Regardless of how the mall had lifted their spirits, seeing some of their friends, maybe for the last time, had an impact on each of them.

Prisoner Transport Truck

They sat whispering to one another for a few minutes. Gabe, Eleyna and Sammy on one side and Andrew and Catherine to their backs. Three of the guards were sitting in the front of the area. One of them reading the days paper. The fourth was sitting at the back, in front of the door, asleep.

Gabe, Eleyna and Sammy all noticed there was another hatch on the roof of the truck. It was almost directly above them and looked even more secure than the back door. Gabe had no luck loosening his straps. Sammy guessed there was a small key that opened them but they had no idea where that would be. Their feet were all strapped to the base of their seats. It had looked like nylon and Velcro but it held extremely well.

The truck started to angle and one of the guards said they were finally out of the tunnel. It seemed he did not like being underground very much. After about twenty minutes a beeping could be heard and one of the computers seemed to be downloading something. An older guard with a big mustache, grey hair and a round belly walked over to see what it was.

"Hey, we got some kind of message coming in from base. Looks like it's coded so it's gonna take a minute to load." He took a seat near the screen to wait. Gabe was the closest but between the angle and the distance he really could not read anything that was on the monitor.

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

Pushing the worries about their friends and the danger they are going to face far back into her mind Jen just enjoys the shopping trip like she allways does. If she's going to fight anti mutant troups that are specially trained to handle people like her she might as well look good while doing it.
Plus she allways wanted those 120 bucks shades and thought them too expensive. Now she doesn't have to worry about spending the last of her money. Still it's pretty much under control since she buys only one outfit.
Once statisfied with herself she makes it a priority to pick stuff for Corey.
The poor boy wouldn't regocnize fashion if it kicked him in his... . We have to do something about that.
"Hey Corey try these on. And these. And while we're at... .
Only once they are in the car her frantic activity stops and she allows herself to think of what lies ahead again.

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

Keia said:
"Wise old man, my butt," Lorenzo responsed, grinned, then raised his hands and shaped them into claws, trying to look over-the-top menacing. "Watch out little miss middle of the fun woman."

"Kore, my man, we've got a damsel in distress and a shifter for point on this one. I've got interrogation and driver as my roles, what would you want to do? Any ideas?"
Lorenzo asked. "I don't have any idea just how fast you are, but I remember rumors of a punch . . . was that you?"

"..yeah, that was me. I don't really know, like, how fast I am either. I've never done it.. on purpose. Uh, I was thinking I could like hide off the road, and get them from behind, if, uh.. yeah." What am I gonna do, deck 'em? I guess it worked on Dennis...

When the group gets to the mall, Corey still seems pretty tense. He goggles at Jen buying a $120 pair of sunglasses. Then she starts giving him clothes to try on. At first he's bashful, but he quickly warms up and forgets his earlier reservations about the group. Before he knows it, he's walking out of the mall with new shades and a dark blue jacket that's 'perfect'. (She couldn't convince him to replace his well-worn jeans.) He also picks up a box of donuts (energy food, if anyone asks) and a blue ski mask, since he's afraid anything else on his head will just fly off.

Just as he's wondering what his parents will say about a $65 bill at the mall on his 'emergency' credit card, he sees the machine showing pictures of his schoolmates. "Andrew and Catherine... the cops t-took them away from the mall too." He tells the others after a furtive glance around. He's subdued once more as they pile into Sammy's car to leave.

Kyle Graham

Kyle hangs back watching the others as he mulls over the sitatuation, trying to figure other options or tangents that he could use to minimize anyone getting hurt. He didn't really worry about buying anything since his clothes changed with the form change, though he wasn't REALLY looking forward to doing that again. It was so strange.. feeling the pain and yet.. it felt natural to shift, just that.. something was wrong.. if sort of felt like there was 'sand in his gears' sort of thing.

Remove ads