DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #1

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

Kangaxx said:
"..yeah, that was me. I don't really know, like, how fast I am either. I've never done it.. on purpose. Uh, I was thinking I could like hide off the road, and get them from behind, if, uh.. yeah." What am I gonna do, deck 'em? I guess it worked on Dennis...

When the group gets to the mall, Corey still seems pretty tense. He goggles at Jen buying a $120 pair of sunglasses. Then she starts giving him clothes to try on. At first he's bashful, but he quickly warms up and forgets his earlier reservations about the group. Before he knows it, he's walking out of the mall with new shades and a dark blue jacket that's 'perfect'. (She couldn't convince him to replace his well-worn jeans.) He also picks up a box of donuts (energy food, if anyone asks) and a blue ski mask, since he's afraid anything else on his head will just fly off.

Just as he's wondering what his parents will say about a $65 bill at the mall on his 'emergency' credit card, he sees the machine showing pictures of his schoolmates. "Andrew and Catherine... the cops t-took them away from the mall too." He tells the others after a furtive glance around. He's subdued once more as they pile into Sammy's car to leave.

"See, much better. Well we have to work on those jeans someday but it's the right direction."
She stands beside Corey in front of a mirror, noticing that he allready looks much less displaced beside her and the rest of her clique and loosing her worries in simpler thoughts.
Of course it doesn't last but even back in the car she just seems relaxed and lounches back to enjoy the ride. If she can't change it she might at least enjoy the adventure.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds Hps: 2/2

Lorenzo enjoyed the mall, splurching on last minute items and having fun with his friends. At the sports shop, he bought Corey a pair of black boxing gloves (or an aluminum bat), himself a spare pair of shades, and the group a four pack of the variable frequency walkie talkies (with batteries). At the Spencers, he found a Rom the Spaceknight mask on closeout, and one of those monster voice synthesizers. At the drug store, he bought a bag of large-sized zip-ties, a large roll of duct tape, and some gum. Finally, he maxed out his ATM card at the machine, taking all that he could.

At his car, he pulled his black leather trenchcoat from his trunk, where it had been hidden for months (after his mom bought it for him after they had seen that old movie, Matrix). He hadn’t worn it because it never really fit in except with the burners.

“Let’s do this before we change our minds,” Lorenzo said.

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

Keia said:
Lorenzo enjoyed the mall, splurching on last minute items and having fun with his friends. At the sports shop, he bought Corey a pair of black boxing gloves (or an aluminum bat), himself a spare pair of shades, and the group a four pack of the variable frequency walkie talkies (with batteries). At the Spencers, he found a Rom the Spaceknight mask on closeout, and one of those monster voice synthesizers. At the drug store, he bought a bag of large-sized zip-ties, a large roll of duct tape, and some gum. Finally, he maxed out his ATM card at the machine, taking all that he could.

At his car, he pulled his black leather trenchcoat from his trunk, where it had been hidden for months (after his mom bought it for him after they had seen that old movie, Matrix). He hadn’t worn it because it never really fit in except with the burners.

“Let’s do this before we change our minds,” Lorenzo said.

"Getting weak knees? Come on in that retro coat no one will ever recognize you. We'll get out again."
She pushes his shoulder softly but the slight shivering in her hand betrays that despite all her bravo and teasing she's not too well at all.
"Don't know any others from our school I'd like to have around more right now. Still, this will suck. Should have gone more often to that martial arts training my dad wanted me to visit."
She sighs as she realizes how senseless some self defense course would be in a situation like theirs.
"Let's hope they are surprised and at the very least we're smarter and way better looking than anyone who might wana stop us."

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

Originally posted by Guard
"Hey, we got some kind of message coming in from base. Looks like it's coded so it's gonna take a minute to load." He took a seat near the screen to wait. Gabe was the closest but between the angle and the distance he really could not read anything that was on the monitor.

Eleyna was curious about the incoming message. Did they find MORE mutants in Smalltown? She didn't know, but she hoped that if there were any more, they had managed to escape the gen-scan. She nudged Gabe lightly with her elbow, and whispered to him, "Can you see anything?"

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

Radiant said:
"Let's hope they are surprised and at the very least we're smarter and way better looking than anyone who might wana stop us."

"As long as we only have to face the fashion police, this'll be a breeze." Corey's serious tone seems at odds with his lighthearted comment.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Andrew starts to be nervous about the situation... too much things out of his control, too much things he can't control or even affect. Too much change in one time. He can endure it pretty well, but that doesn't make him happy about it... he looks around, but in his position, not much can be done.

Kyle Graham

Kyle simply smiles at Corey. "Trust me.. some of us could be the fashion police. I think I could pretty mucyh take any human form I can imagine." Looks to Jennifer. "Think I should go with the fed I thought up earlier or something else?"

Synchronicity

First Post
Gabriel 'Gabe' Adams, HP 2/2

kid A said:
Eleyna was curious about the incoming message. Did they find MORE mutants in Smalltown? She didn't know, but she hoped that if there were any more, they had managed to escape the gen-scan. She nudged Gabe lightly with her elbow, and whispered to him, "Can you see anything?"

"I can't..quite...hang on a sec.." Gabe whispered back as he strained to catch a glimpse of the screen, striking a fine line between trying not to look like he was obviously snooping, and seeing what'd got the guards so interested. 'What could it be? More mutants? Or something else entirely?'

Unicron818

First Post
Sammy Donaldson

As the light on the monitor flickered Sammy tried in a not so noticable way to make out what was on the monitor. So much that his eyes were starting to feel crossed and strained in one direction.

Stupid AM guard's head is in the way!

Sammy had tried a deep load sneeze to move the guards head...

"AAAAACHHHHHUUUUU!"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Mall Parking Lot

They walked out of the mall, hopeful but not in the best of spirits. Kyle felt obligated to make them laugh but was more concerned with getting into Sammy's truck. He pulled out his purchase and fiddled with it briefly. He held it up to the door of the truck, it beeped and the doors unlocked. Lorenzo tucked his $350 into his wallet while Corey and Jennifer loaded up the truck. After a short argument over who was driving, and some research on the map, they were off on the biggest adventure of their lives!

Prisoner Transport Truck

No sooner had Sammy sneezed than a hand smacked the back of his head. He jerked it around to see a guard walking past him. "Keep quiet kid. Hey Mike, what's it say?" The guard at the monitor hit a few keys and waited. "It's finishing now. Just anothe......HEY! One of these kids is human!"

"What!"

"No way!"

"How could that be!" The guards were definitely surprised and the suspense was short lived.

"Her, the one on the end. Catherine's not a mutant!"

Remove ads