DC TV and tiny cells

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I do know that Hawaii 5-oh gives toilets and beds even to the super max prisoners as there was an episode where the BBEG escapes because he was hiding something in the toilet.

Alright [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]s, I might as well tell you: Here in the colonies we practice barbaric treatment of our prisoners in most places where we make them live in their own sewage with out even a bed and observable 24-7. So be careful when you are here that you don't even break the speed limit . . . . . OR ELSE!!!

thats nothing compared to being locked in The Tower

and the London Dungeon is of course, something else entirely

Nytmare

David Jose
COnsider that the problem isn't the writers but the people building the sets and such.

You're mostly right, decisions like that aren't made by the writers, but they also aren't really made singly. Even though there's usually only one person designing a set, there's an easy dozen people whose job it is to look at what they're drafting and planning and telling them what they can, can't, should, and shouldn't do. That's producers, directors, DPs, and a host of others arguing aesthetics, logistics, money, manpower, and equipment.

If you're looking for fault. How the cell looks is mostly decided by the production designer, the director, and one or more of the producers. How the prison works, and how the characters interact with it existing is based off the decisions of the writers, the showrunners, and/or one or more of the producers.

Nytmare

David Jose
I haven't seen that show, but I would imagine that to folks who were actively capturing somebody in the act of doing something bad, the concept of needing a trial may be illogical to a vigilante. You just saw and caught the bad guy doing bad things. Guilt has been established. Therefore, the only thing to do next is decide on how to deal with the bad guy. Apparently on the flash, they have a bunch of small cells.

Certainly, comic book justice is rarely congruent with RW justice.

Though both these points are true, I'd say for the story that they've been telling (the bright and shiny, happy, lawful good, good guy Flash) as well as the overall story they've been trying to tell with the DC universe, it doesn't mesh well at all. He's the do the right thing, and still agonize over the consequences good guy. And he's surrounded by people who work within or interact with the justice system who also agonize over right, wrong, and the moral implications of their choices. The Flash is a CSI tech, his step-dad/partner is a detective, and his step-sister/ex girlfriend(?)/partner is a journalist.

Heck, even Batman turns them over to the cops once he's done beating them up and breaking all of their bones.

It wouldn't even have taken a half an episode of storytelling when they were dealing with how much their society loves him and they were handing him the keys to the city to have a hand shake and an agreement about him holding on to all the bad guys till they figured out what to do with them.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It wouldn't even have taken a half an episode of storytelling when they were dealing with how much their society loves him and they were handing him the keys to the city to have a hand shake and an agreement about him holding on to all the bad guys till they figured out what to do with them.

again this is covered in Rogue Air (episode 22) when the metas are handed over to ARGUS, to be transported to Lian Yu. It even has Joe approaching the DA for help but her refusing to get the city officials involved as it is too dodgy - hence Barry has to go and ask Snart to assist.

Barry does angst about the metas they've got locked up but justifies it as they are 'bad guys who could hurt alot of people" and now he considered himself directly responsible for cleaning up the particle accelerator explosions/Dimensional Portal mess

Edit: and I forgot - as of season 2 Iron Heights has also added a Meta-Human wing (we haven't seen it but it has been referenced)

Last edited:

Nytmare

David Jose
again this is covered in Rogue Air (episode 22) when the metas are handed over to ARGUS, to be transported to Lian Yu. It even has Joe approaching the DA for help but her refusing to get the city officials involved as it is too dodgy - hence Barry has to go and ask Snart to assist.

Barry does angst about the metas they've got locked up but justifies it as they are 'bad guys who could hurt alot of people" and now he considered himself directly responsible for cleaning up the particle accelerator explosions/Dimensional Portal mess

Ah ha! Well I guess someone missed an episode!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heck, even Batman turns them over to the cops once he's done beating them up and breaking all of their bones.

And Spider man/journalist by day ties them up in a neat package with a bow on it for the police to pick them up and cart them off to be processed.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We never see a toilet on the Starship Enterprise, either...

[video]https://youtu.be/rGQ-kqiWyMk[/video]

Remove ads