• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #35 Contents and First Impressions

Maliki

First Post
Xyanthon said:
You know, there for a while I was doing good. I had my game purchases under control and I bought what, maybe one supplement every 1-3 months. I tell you what, since the release of all this nostalgic gaming material from the likes of Troll Lords, Goodman, Necromancer, Expedious Retreat, and others, I feel like my purchases are spiraling out of control. Hhhhhmmmmm, I have a sneaking feeling that my wife is going to have an intervention soon. Having said that, this will be mine along with the 1e module that they are putting out, hehehehehahahhahahaha......um, yes, heh.

I know the feeling, for I while I couldn't find anything to buy, now I can't stop! :D

Breakdaddy

First Post
I am all over this. I will probably switch to this setting in my C&C game if it's as good as I think it will be. Goodman Games rocks so mightily for the DCC line. :D

Lucias

First Post
I've been debating what I should run this with. I'd use Savage Worlds, as it is my game of choice, but part of me feels that sticking more to D&D roots would give a better feel. I'd run with Rules Cyclopedia, but my players would bemoan the lack of options. I'd run with C&C except one of my players is rabibly anit-C&C for no good reason at all and wouldn't play.

So many decisions...

Breakdaddy

First Post
Lucias said:
I've been debating what I should run this with. I'd use Savage Worlds, as it is my game of choice, but part of me feels that sticking more to D&D roots would give a better feel. I'd run with Rules Cyclopedia, but my players would bemoan the lack of options. I'd run with C&C except one of my players is rabibly anit-C&C for no good reason at all and wouldn't play.

So many decisions...

I had a rabid anti c&c player who I convinced to play recently and has decided it's "playable". In truth, I think he enjoys it now, but pride won't let him admit how much. If you could convince your player to try it, he/she might like it more than they think they would. Savage Worlds is awesome, but I feel that you are right in assuming some of the flavor of the setting would be lost. SW is made for a more cinematic type game than most of the GMG stuff is geared towards.

yipwyg42

First Post
Hi. I read that there was tie-ins of DCC modules to make a level 1-20 adventure path in the box set. I was wondering if you could post at least one of these. I plan on getting the box set as soon as I see one available, however I would like to start the process of getting a campaign ready to go.

Thanks, and I really appreciate it if you can do this.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
yipwyg42 said:
Hi. I read that there was tie-ins of DCC modules to make a level 1-20 adventure path in the box set. I was wondering if you could post at least one of these. I plan on getting the box set as soon as I see one available, however I would like to start the process of getting a campaign ready to go.

Thanks, and I really appreciate it if you can do this.

I'm curious about this too. Does it go into any depth about adventure paths, or is it just a list of modules?

Lucias

First Post
Breakdaddy said:
I had a rabid anti c&c player who I convinced to play recently and has decided it's "playable". In truth, I think he enjoys it now, but pride won't let him admit how much. If you could convince your player to try it, he/she might like it more than they think they would. Savage Worlds is awesome, but I feel that you are right in assuming some of the flavor of the setting would be lost. SW is made for a more cinematic type game than most of the GMG stuff is geared towards.

Actually, he's played C&C...we were all playtesters. He's no fan. SW is our current game and I've run it almost exclusively for almost 3 years now. We're finishing up Necessary Evil now and then moving on to Deadlands (my favorite setting of all time!).

As for the adventure paths, they're more than just a list of modules. Each has a description of the plot and how to tie into the next adventure. It's well done and there are several paths to choose from.

Remove ads