• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #35 Contents and First Impressions

Treebore

First Post
I haven't read the DCC's yet. I'll probably read the "0" level one first to see how it meshes with the "playing "0" level characters" rules in the book.

Treebore

First Post
OK, had the time to read through the two DCC's, without giving away spoilers I will say that the "0" level DCC will definitely require thought before fighting, but is a very fun looking adventure for "0" and 1st level characters.

The Thief Lord's Vault is an adventure that would make Grimtooth proud!

Treebore

First Post
They list several adventure paths in the back of the GM's Guide.

Path 1 West to Empire

DCC 35A
DCC 29
DCC 1
DCC 27
DCC 5
DCC 19
" 30
" 12
" 12.5
" 13

Path 1A: Wild Rovers

DCC 24
" 35B
" 16
" 4
" 21
" 22

Then they have adventure path 2:Lords of the Kingdom and 2A: Of Pirates and Plunder

Then Adventure Path 3: Legends of the North

Treebore

First Post
I have 22 of them and I don't have every adventure path completed. Guess I have another reason to keep buying the DCC's, other than they are consistantly very good! Plus I do like how they are referenced and tied into the setting.

Lucias

First Post
Feats? Check. (Assess Enemies, Ancestral Weapon, Capture, Fiend Slayer, Infernal Pact, Infernal Corruption, Infernal Sworn, Siren Cry, Poisoner, Savage Born, Summon Horde, Key of the Moon, Seer, Lore Caster)

Monsters? Check. (Azure Ooze, Ceraton, Crystal Golem, Draexodon, Drakon (Brightvenom, Darkvenom, and Mongrel), Earth Naga, Ghozali, Horror Of Zamon (with a huge chart of randomly deteremined mutations and my personal favorite beast of the bunch), Horse of Parelor, Hezcatla, Lightning Giant, Living Idol, Nalvor, Oneiric Creature (template), Pteral, Sharoqus, Thunder Giant, and Xochatateo.

Prestige Classes? Nope

Domains? Check. (Creation, Darkness, Dream, Glory, Liberation, Madness, Repose, and Weather)

New Spells? Check. - roughly 25 by a quick glance.

New Magic Items? Check. (Bonemail, Flying Guillotine +4)

New Magic Item Properties? Check. (Dreamforged, Dysmorphic, Lucent, Spectral, Stealth, and Truculent).

catsclaw227

First Post
Treebore said:
They list several adventure paths in the back of the GM's Guide.

Path 1 West to Empire

DCC 35A
DCC 29
DCC 1
DCC 27
DCC 5
DCC 19
" 30
" 12
" 12.5
" 13

Path 1A: Wild Rovers

DCC 24
" 35B
" 16
" 4
" 21
" 22

Is path 1A an extension of 1 or is it a fork in the road? 12,12.5, 13 can take the party to 16th-17th level. And DCC 24 is a First level dungeon. Are these two paths related in any way?

Remove ads