• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #35 Contents and First Impressions

Maliki

First Post
Shadowslayer said:
I'm curious about this too. Does it go into any depth about adventure paths, or is it just a list of modules?

Ditto, I have several I was going to use in a homebrew, but now I would like to see if they are part of one of the adventure paths.

caudor

Adventurer
I find this product to be tempting as well. To me, it seems to add value to all the DCC adventures already published because now they 'exist somewhere' and it is easier to tie them together. I know that probably makes no sense.

It has also increased my interest in getting some of the DCC adventures I don't yet own.

genshou

First Post
My FLGS is going to get me a copy once it's available. Anyone know what the slated release date in September is, specifically?

Treebore

First Post
Picked this up at GenCon. I believe you will all like it. Unless you hate there being a lot of NPC's of high level, even into Epic. I like how they have masterwork weapons tied into specific cultures, such as the Vermillion Bowmen. I also like how they have reptilian races so prominent and powerful.

Its a cool setting. I think putting this and the worlds of Erde and the Wilderlands all on the same planet will make for a extremely varied and rich campaign "world". I don't know if this will blow anyone away, but it is a very good setting. I haven't read the adventures yet, but with the 0 level play rules they have to go with the o-level mod, it will be a fun start.

Treebore

First Post
They don't really. It is just that these specific cultures offer thesse specific MW weapons and are very distinctly identified with those cultures. Like the Vermillion Bowmen bows look like an "X", and are very ornately carved with symbols of the bearers accomplishments and/or famous ancestors.

Just cool cultural histories and distinct markings to go along with these weapons.

This setting really pulls on a lot various cultures, then twists them to be not like you would expect. Like the Mountain King is an evil dwarf who uses Orcs in his armies and rules over a half million dwarves, orcs, humans, etc...

Plus good aligned reptilian people, and the Central/South American flavored cultures, and lots of other stuff.

Maliki

First Post
Treebore said:
Picked this up at GenCon. I believe you will all like it. Unless you hate there being a lot of NPC's of high level, even into Epic. I like how they have masterwork weapons tied into specific cultures, such as the Vermillion Bowmen.

I like the sound of that.

Remove ads