• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDO Free 7-day Trial

mrtauntaun

First Post
Don't know if anyone has seen this: http://trial.ddo.com/
It's a seve day free trial for DnD online. You have to download a 1.7 GB file, but you can use it free for a week. I've played it, and I have to say it did exceed my expectations, though not enough to actually pay money for it. Anyone else give it a try who does not normally play MMORPGs (like me)?

GlassJaw

Hero
I downloaded the free trial and installed it on my second computer so I could mule and transfer items. Does that count? ;)

I sum up DDO best by someone in a group I was in once:

"For all its flaws, DDO is like crack - I just can't stop playing."

That pretty much sums it up for me.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I played the beta. IMO its a decent MMORPG, but since they totally changed the leveling system, its not DnD.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Took a long time to download. Took a long time just to copy it from the temp folder to my desktop! Took a long time to install!!!

It's almost ready to go and now ... it's time to go to work. :)

GlassJaw

Hero
EricNoah said:
Took a long time to download. Took a long time just to copy it from the temp folder to my desktop! Took a long time to install!!!

It's almost ready to go and now ... it's time to go to work. :)

Play on the Xoriat server - there's a few EN Worlders there.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Good to know. I whipped up a character and stepped into the world, looked around, cast a spell on myself for fun, and logged out. I might be back later on this afternoon on the right server.

GlassJaw

Hero
There was (key word: was) a DDO thread listing all the EN Worlders playing DDO and the servers they were on.

On Xoriat, you can look for my main characters - Zayne or Izzy. I have some low-level alts if you want to play.

Wulf Ratbane and Rodrigo (among others) are also on Xoriat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads