• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death in Freeport

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor, I still count 34 ability point buy it needs to be 32. Do you want to drop str from 15 to 14 and not affect any other calculations or drop one of your other stats by 2 points?

Azgulor

Adventurer
Ok, apparently I'm missing something.

Str 15, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
8 +6 =14 +6 =20 +4 =24 +2 =26 +6 =32

What am I missing?

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor said:
Ok, apparently I'm missing something.

Str 15, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
8 +6 =14 +6 =20 +4 =24 +2 =26 +6 =32

What am I missing?

I need more sleep, your math looks right to me now and I'm not sure how I was screwing it up before. Thanks for breaking it out like that.

doghead

thotd
ooc - DiF

Thanks. I've had a chance to read the IC thread. Let me know if you want me to jump right in or hold off for the moment.

doghead
aka thotd

Azgulor

Adventurer
Voadam,

It's very likely I will be without PC/Internet access from Wed - Sun due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I should be able to post at least 1/day the following week but will be traveling on business so it may be less frequent.

Just wanted to let you know ahead of time.

Thanks.

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor said:
Voadam,

It's very likely I will be without PC/Internet access from Wed - Sun due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I should be able to post at least 1/day the following week but will be traveling on business so it may be less frequent.

Just wanted to let you know ahead of time.

Thanks.

Appreciate the notice. No problem.

Voadam

Legend
doghead said:
ooc - DiF

Thanks. I've had a chance to read the IC thread. Let me know if you want me to jump right in or hold off for the moment.

doghead
aka thotd

Go ahead and roll for initiative. I'll have you be in the streets about a round's worth of full movement away but in sight of the Bilge Rat when you see the last of the sailors entering and then the flash of Arcata's color spray through the window.

Voadam

Legend
Lorthanoth said:
Longest initiative track.... ever :D My eyes boggled when I saw it. This has to be the largest 3E combat I've ever been in!
:)
Eight sailors, five PCs, ~4 patrons at immediate risk. I didn't include brother Egil though.

I've had fun with a lot of big chaotic fights.

My high level group recently fought a dozen duergar rogue fighters, a duergar barbarian dragonslayer, and two tiefling warlocks. Earlier they had taken over an asherake airship with multiple sorcerers of three different level varieties, a fighter rogue asherake leader, an asherake barbarian subleader, asherake barbarian elites, a ton of standard asherake warriors, a couple of frostbiter attack beasts, summoned dire bats to counterstrike on the invisible PC arcane trickster, and a dozen chained slaves aboard who sometimes got used as living bombardments. Both of those were a lot of fun to run, lots of things going on at once, PCs and NPCs got to use all sorts of neat abilities and tactics with a lot of ebb and flow to the combats.

As a PC I remember us taking on an entire tribe of those four armed apes in Nightfang spire at one time, that had a lot of individuals to mow through. Another was an ambush with me, another PC, and about a half-dozen paladins jumping a mixed bad guy assault squad including a mind flayer, an ogre mage, and a bunch of their minions and mounts in the Banewarrens.

Remove ads