• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death in Freeport

doghead

thotd
Voadam said:
Go ahead and roll for initiative. I'll have you be in the streets about a round's worth of full movement away but in sight of the Bilge Rat when you see the last of the sailors entering and then the flash of Arcata's color spray through the window.

OK. Thanks. I'll get something up asap.

doghead
aka thotd

Voadam

Legend
Erekose13 said:
Oh right sorry, many dm's (myself included) roll for players. you may have to remind me like this a few times, but I'll come around :)

No problem. I was like that with my first two games, but I'm a little sick of handling everything. :)

Azgulor

Adventurer
Voadam, not sure if I misunderstood something or should have assumed certain modifiers for my action. It appears I was skipped in the first round where I would have thrown the chair per my post. If such an issue arises in the future where I don't know modifiers or damage, should I just do a generic roll and you'll adjust as necessary?

Thanks,

Azgulor

Voadam

Legend
Azgulor said:
Voadam, not sure if I misunderstood something or should have assumed certain modifiers for my action. It appears I was skipped in the first round where I would have thrown the chair per my post. If such an issue arises in the future where I don't know modifiers or damage, should I just do a generic roll and you'll adjust as necessary?

Thanks,

Azgulor

I guess I should have explained.

"Drac's balls,"curses Aidan as things swiftly descend into chaos. Jumping to his feet he picks up his chair/stool and hurls it at the pirate on the table.

turned into

"Drac's balls,"curses Aidan as things swiftly descend into chaos. Jumping to his feet he steps away from his bench against the wall and picks up the stool at the end of his table, a possible improvised missile.

Getting up from sitting is a move equivalent action. Five foot step to move from bench over to chair. Picking up a weapon from the floor (the chair), is a move equivalent action. That takes care of actions for round 1 so I cut you off there following the chain of events you indicated in your action post.

As for rolls when you are not sure, doing a generic d20 roll with modifiers you do know on invisible castle and an ooc note afterwards stating your not sure about other conditions would be great.

As a note on positions you are about 60' or so away from the toothless leader for throwing purposes. That is a fair distance to hurl a stool. The sailors swarming Arcata are about 30' away. I forget if you have proficiency in shields but a stool could work as an improvised shield as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads