Death in Freeport

Voadam

Legend
Success!

Logan has to drop his crossbow and spear but together Anton and he manage to carry the thrashing Arcata inside and bring her to the tub of water, Wilbur following behind. Submerging her the yellow flame hisses out with what almost sounds like a curse. Brother Egil invokes an incantation and a blue glow surrounds his hand. He touches the worst of Arcata's burn and she seems to gather relief from the touch and the worst of the burn seems to subside. She collapses against Egil sobbing "I can't do this anymore. I can't, I just can't." He puts his arms around her and says "I'm so sorry Arcata, I'm so sorry."

Graybeard

Explorer
Arcata, I'm glad we were able to finally put out that unnatural fire. I'm also glad, as I;m sure everyone here is, that you are still alive and not too badly injured. Anton says gratefully.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm sorry it took so long. I hope you'll recover soon."

Logan goes out and collects his things, checks that the house is no longer on fire. He then spends short time trying to stop Rittorio from bleeding out and then comes back into the house.
Heal check (1d20+3=19)

"We should take those thugs inside."

After collecting them he turns to the others:
"So, what's next? I mean if these thugs are just random attackers which I doubt. Should we pursue the link with Scarbelly, follow Lucius' trail going toward the docks as market lady indicated or return to the temple hoping for more information from the books?"

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Arcata, I'm glad we were able to finally put out that unnatural fire. I'm also glad, as I;m sure everyone here is, that you are still alive and not too badly injured. Anton says gratefully.

"Thank you Anton, I went to check out the fire and I saw the flames relighting the rubbish heap again and again as Egil poured the water on it. I-it jumped on me and kept burning and running over me and it hurt so much. I-I couldn't put it out and . . ." She starts crying again, unable to talk.

Egil looks crushed "I'm so sorry Arcata."

As Logan heads out he is just in time to see three urchin kids. One had grabbed his crossbow, another his long spear, and a third is checking out the downed men warily. At the sight of Logan the kids are startled, let out a yipe and start to run off towards an alley.

Neurotic

"Stop! Return the items and I'll give you some money. Run and I'll kill you!"

If kids don't stop, he inertial barriers one with the crossbow.

Voadam

Legend
The kids give a look over their shoulders but seeing that Logan is unarmed they put on another burst of speed.

ooc go ahead and make an inertial barrier role.:)

Neurotic

"Zhauwst'xawy-s'e-diyetchatche!"

Logan speeds up, carefuly roling the command from his tongue, being careful to strike hard cadence with hard consonants of the command. Approaching the kid he draws the purse and the dagger. Taking out few silvers he approaches the boy.

"I could force you to give it over. But I wont. I just need that stuff. If you can persuade you peers to return the rest of it, I'll give each one extra silver. You three will get nine in total. Almost full gold. What do you say? Three now, one extra for you if your friends bring back my things?"

Inertial Barrier (1d20+4=22)

OOC: If they are high enough level to resist this, I am probably better leaving them in peace :) Why couldn't I stop Kenzil with such roll or in the last fight...bah! :p

If the boy bolts, Logan lets him go. The kid probably needs it and he can always buy another if it comes to that, altough his purse would thank him if he didn't.

Voadam

Legend
"Zhauwst'xawy-s'e-diyetchatche!"

Logan speeds up, carefuly roling the command from his tongue, being careful to strike hard cadence with hard consonants of the command. Approaching the kid he draws the purse and the dagger. Taking out few silvers he approaches the boy.

"I could force you to give it over. But I wont. I just need that stuff. If you can persuade you peers to return the rest of it, I'll give each one extra silver. You three will get nine in total. Almost full gold. What do you say? Three now, one extra for you if your friends bring back my things?"

Inertial Barrier (1d20+4=22)

OOC: If they are high enough level to resist this, I am probably better leaving them in peace :) Why couldn't I stop Kenzil with such roll or in the last fight...bah! :p

If the boy bolts, Logan lets him go. The kid probably needs it and he can always buy another if it comes to that, altough his purse would thank him if he didn't.

Once the runic prison arises and halts his fleeing the boy drops the crossbow and starts pleading for his life. "I'm sorry! I didn't know! Trooly. Please don't curse me good sir! I'm trooly sorry! Please don't." at the offer of money he nods and promises to do his best.

Neurotic

"Very well. Go with Deneir's blessing and find the others. I may have another PAYING job if you return. With or without your companions and my items. Return, and I'll reward you. If you don't I won't look for you."

Logan maintains the prison while he talks and lets the boy go after it expires. He picks up the crossbow and returns toward trussed up thugs.

Remove ads