• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death of the dragons (OOC)

Theroc

First Post
Sorry Theroc, didn't know it. Still, I'd replace Vigor with cure for simple reason of average numbers (1d8+5 has average of 9,5 which means that vigor needs to run for 9 rounds to match average roll and even minimum roll means 6 rounds). I'm thinking that in this fight if we run over 5 rounds we've lost (meaning we don't dish out enuogh damage to overcome it's DR and regeneration before it kills us all)

Well, Ardularra isn't a heavy damage dealer by most any stretch. At best she can deal 28 damage (A hideous blow from he rapier), but most she can deal with her primary attack (an eldritch blast), is 18.

She's more support than damage dealing. As for Detect Magic, Ardularra has Detect Magic at will as a Warlock, so preparing that spell would be rather redundant.

Switching to CLW though, as well as swapping out Virtue and Cure Minor Wounds with Resistance and Guidance

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
What do you think about there maneuvers as readied:
This are fixed:
Shadow Jaunt
Stone Bones
Cloak of Deception

Mighty Throw and Counter Charge are in balance. On one hand, I may be able to make the boss prone which will give us advantage for a round esp. if we can create difficult terrain. On the other hand, I don't want to be on the receiving end of a pounce which seems likely since Grabhar will be flying and I'll be foremost (because of scouting)

Also, I suggest Haereka starts with suggestion? (he may fail his save and we get rid of those annoying beasts around The Boss with suitably framed suggestion). What say you Void?

Theroc

First Post
What do you think about there maneuvers as readied:
This are fixed:
Shadow Jaunt
Stone Bones
Cloak of Deception

Mighty Throw and Counter Charge are in balance. On one hand, I may be able to make the boss prone which will give us advantage for a round esp. if we can create difficult terrain. On the other hand, I don't want to be on the receiving end of a pounce which seems likely since Grabhar will be flying and I'll be foremost (because of scouting)

Also, I suggest Haereka starts with suggestion? (he may fail his save and we get rid of those annoying beasts around The Boss with suitably framed suggestion). What say you Void?

Given I know little about ToB, save I'd love a Swordsage-based character from what I hear, those look pretty decent. I'm not sure how we'd keep the BBEG from pouncing you if you're upfront though... but I suspect a pounce on me is a KO. 51 HP with dr 1/Cold Iron ain't gonna cut much, I don't think. Healing may be a mess, lol.

Voidrazor

First Post
I'd be happy to spam Suggestion. I have a feeling that anything as anti-climactic as that wouldn't work, but since Haereka's damage output is negligible, that's probably what I'll try.

If one or two people get low on HP's, just back up to heal rather than trying to tough it out. I'll have H. throw down an energy wall to discourage pursuit. It doesn't actually do much damage. But why would the weretiger walk through a wall of fire to attack someone so long as there are other PC's still beating on him?

Theroc

First Post
Hm... this may get a bit fuzzy timeline wise, if Hellrazor wants to RP out the Binding check, since I was assuming I had to do that first, but we've been timeskipped out to the woods...

Hellrazor, should I just roll the Binding Check for you and leave it at that, rather than RP it out this time?

hellrazor111

First Post
Sorry I haven't done anything in a while, my laptop is having troubles and I don't have much access to a computer. I'll continue as soon as I can.

Theroc

First Post
Hm... this may get a bit fuzzy timeline wise, if Hellrazor wants to RP out the Binding check, since I was assuming I had to do that first, but we've been timeskipped out to the woods...

Hellrazor, should I just roll the Binding Check for you and leave it at that, rather than RP it out this time?

Need this answered before I can post again, Hellrazor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads