• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Death Proof] Stuntman Mike Question

yipwyg42

First Post
Potential Spoilers

My friend and I got to talking about Grindhouse on the way home from game night. We both loved the movie but my friend mentioned something to me that made my brain hurt because I could not remember.

We all know how much Taritino likes to play with time periods. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs all take place in different time periods in their respective movies. My friend asked me if Stuntman Mike had a scar on his head during the second part of the movie.

If not he wondered if the last sequence actually took place before the first one. I think he did but could not remember if that was the case.

LightPhoenix

First Post
It's certainly possible, but I think it's left purposefully ambiguous. Actual grindhouse movies are notorious for gaping holes in logic and shoddy continuity. Thus, time is something to be conveniently ignored, for the most part.

IcyCool

First Post
I will point out that the second sequence of the Death Proof starts when the Sheriff and "Son #1" are contemplating what would make a man do the sort of thing that Stuntman Mike did.

Or it could just be a grindhouse plot hole.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
He's got the scar in the second part of the story. The other thing to note is that it certainly looked like he was killed at the end, when Rosario Dawson's character drops the boot on his head- I'm near certain his skull is shown getting pulped.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads