Debut: Ardent

Vael

Legend
I'm still thinking it's our new divine class. The psionic classes have been given: Battlemind, Empath, Monk and Psion.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
I'm still thinking it's our new divine class. The psionic classes have been given: Battlemind, Empath, Monk and Psion.

I'm hoping for ranged weapon divine leader. But probably it's some sort of light armour weapon using divine class, based off the old Sohei from OA. I'm basing this off the idea that PH3 was going to be Psi and Ki sources before Ki was dropped.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I feel confident that the ardent will be a Leader class. However, I'm not so sure about its power source ... I'll put the chances as 60% Psionic, 40% Divine. Given that it was a Psionic class in 3.5, I think that tips the scales in the direction of Psionics. But it seems like many of the themes of the original class dovetail well with the Divine source, so I have the suspicion lurking in the back of my mind that my initial guess is wrong...

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I'm praying that the Ardent is divine, in 3.5 it was Psionic in name only and clearly Divine in all fluff, so it needs to be divine.

Destil

Explorer
I'm praying that the Ardent is divine, in 3.5 it was Psionic in name only and clearly Divine in all fluff, so it needs to be divine.
Likewise, I think Empath is just too good of a name not to use for the psionic leader, unless it really doesn't fit with how they work.

Heck, I'm rooting for empaths to have killed the egoist and taken their stuff so they can be melee strikers as a secondary roll with lots of claw attacks and maybe some life transference stuff...

(I'm also guessing divine as we've already seen two psionic and one primal class).

caudor

Adventurer
For me, the name Ardent will take some getting used to.

I wonder, if an Ardent happens to be a pirate, do we call him Arrrrdent?:p

ravenheart

Explorer
Very psionic warlord-y, but you gotta love Energizing Strike!

Another tidbit: judging from the racial suggestions (in the "Ardent Overview" on page 18 (4/12)) the fourth race in PHB3 is not going to have a Cha bonus. Unless WotC started double-checking their preview material for potential spoilers, of course.

Remove ads