• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dee or Die!! Do you say dee-6 or die-6?

Do you DEE or DIE?!

• I say DEE-20, DEE-12, DEE-6 etc.

Votes: 578 88.0%
  • I say DIE-20, DIE-12, DIE-6 etc.

Votes: 44 6.7%
  • I say something else (or I'm just trying to be difficult with this poll!)

Votes: 35 5.3%

Woas

First Post
I voted other :)

I don't say Dee or Die. I say the number of sides the dice has that I want, and add an 'er' OR I say the number of sides the dice has that I want and add 'sider'.

"Give me a sixer"

"I need a twelver"

"Throw me a twenty sider"

"Slide me a four sider"

Never say Dee or Die!

Voodoo

First Post
Harlock said:
Blibdlploop (sp) Now there's a hard one. HellHound can tell us how to pronounce it though.

I was once told it was meant to sound like bubbles rising to the surface of thick mud, forget getting to try an pronounce it, just go for the effect.

shaylon

First Post
Dee for me. Rarely would I say something like Die, although people use that word when referring to my PC's all the time!

Mercule

Adventurer
d6 = DEE six
bulette = boo lay
archon = ark on (never even thought about an alternative until now)
drow = dark elf
ixitxchitl = lame monster with a bad name, which doesn't exist in my setting
chimera = ky mair ah
chasm = kazm (regardless of what my players seem to think)

The oddest I've heard, just for cadence, was one fellow who pronounced paladin, puh-LAD-in (kind like p'Aladdin, but with an even softer first sylable and a stronger second sylable).

The Mad Kaiser

First Post
Nellisir said:
Actually, "die" is singular, "dice" is plural. For instance, "you are throwing dice at my head", not "you are throwing die at my head".

d20 (dë-twên'të): symbol for 'die 20' ; refering to the die having twenty sides.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads