Demons or Devils?

Aus_Snow

First Post
My own variant 'demons' and associated beings of evil. :eek:

Out of the standard published things though, daemons probably, for me. Like, say, in the Book of Fiends.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Devils for masterminds, demons for general baddies (I hope I didn't get them confused... :uhoh: )

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Devils!! You just can't beat them. They share all the cunning and ruthlessness of Demons and Daemons but they are more subtle, more able to go the long term and probably throw a damn good soiree. ( Delicate canapes, fine drinks and more machinations than a Modron has gears.) And they are just cooler.

A Passing Maniac

First Post
Well, I vastly prefer Orcus, Graz'zt, Malcanthet, and their ilk to Asmodeus and his cronies, but when it comes to the more rank-and-file devils and demons, the devils win it for me--I find myself particularly fond of the kytons, gelugons, and osyluths.

But, overall... I'd have to say yugoloths. :D

Fallen Seraph

First Post
As both player and DM I think both Demons and Devils have their place in the world and are good at what they do.

Demons: good, chaotic, no-diplomacy killing machines

Devils: Deep intricate, alleyway deals and ongoing BBEG.

I personally prefer Devils but that is because of my play style. Though in my personal view/games Aberrations beat them both.

Pelwrath

First Post
Devil's, Demons and etc.

Which is cooler? Interesting like who ran a better country, Hitler, Stalin or Mussolini. The campaign you run and/or the style of player you are.
I tend to enjoy the 'thinking' type, like devils over the more in-your-face demons.
That said, I have added/used the NE planes-Hades, Gahena, et' al. and have used a monster from an old edition of the Dragon called Avari- a race of intelligent bat creatures of NE alignment. The mezzo and nycodaemnons of the Drow series have also elicited my imagination for hwo coniving is any race that is able to play devils and demons off against each other and profit at the same time. I must also admit to being frustate das to not being able to find any 3.5 info on them, I know thye are now called Ultroloths but I also remeber some other info on some NE lords, like Bubonicus, etc.
I tend to us edevils and devil cults as backgrops and plot encounters/twits. Why? Because they have the Puss-n-boots philosphy. He who runs, lives to corrupt another day.

moritheil

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
Got a slight preference for devils. Should've been a poll, then we'd learn something.

Or not, given how some polls have gone. Heh.

Morrus said:
As long as you're OK with the fact that it is in no way secure.

My advice? Don't worry so much about it. Nobody should be worrying about it; it's an internet messageboard poll; nothing more.

Remove ads