Describe a character!

Draggy

First Post
Because you can never get enough Bhryn

The Pearly Gates News
Sunrise Edition

Lady of the Sword:
Celestia speaks out about Bhryn, their Paragon

Recently several Celestians were interviewed about the woman they call 'Paragon'. What do they really think of her? What secrets can they divulge about her personal life? We here at 'The Pearly Gates News' decided to get the scoop for our readers.

We first spoke to a Celestia's chief blacksmith, banking that she would have some knowledge based on the Paragon's innate draw towards anything that remotely sword-like:

"The Paragon? A walking disaster on legs...look around you, this is a forge! Solid metal construction, all sorts of safety measures in place...I was gone for two hours and look!"

Upon surveying the scene it appeared that half of the forge had been burnt down, the other half was hanging by a prayer...the swords left hanging on the wall were very well sharpened though.

Speaking of prayers, we traveled to the local temple. Here's what a few acolytes had to say:

Acolyte 1: "I remember one time, there had been some terrible devestation in the city of Justice, so the Paragon took a batch of cookies down to lift the spirits of those in need...

...Well, some spirits were lifted I suppose...and I had a guardinial throw up on me. Hairballs, yuck!"

Acolyte 2: "There was this one time I walked into the main sanctuary of the temple and she was stark naked! And there was-"

We were prevented from finishing this interview by the High Priestess of the temple, but she also had some words to share on the esteemed Paragon

High Priestess: "Bhryn'o'vyl? Yes, one time the Paragon and I switched roles as a test by our Lord, Paladine. It was an...interesting trial, especially when I returned to a temple full of militia guards. There's no doubt about it, Bhryn'o'vyl has a strict sense of duty...perhaps too much so. It took me over a moon to dissuade the acolytes from traipsing to the Abyss for the greater good..."

We decided to see what the army of Celestia itself had to say:

Soldier 1: "Ye didn't hear this from me, but the gal's full on barmy."
Soldier 2: "It ain't 'er, it's 'at god-forsaken sword o' 'er's. It...talks."
Soldier 4: "Ah yeah...an' seems to've taken to 'er elven friend. The bleedin' thing kept pulling the poor Paragon 'round by 'er sword belt, an' I swear I 'eard it say "Oil me"..."

There was a general murmur of agreement (and snickering) from the troops, and then one had an interesting story to share with us.

Soldier 3: "I just think ya all ought' know never to let that woman heal ya. That sword-thing a hers'll make ya bleed green...an' it 'urts like the Hells! I thought havin' a sword through me shoulder was bad 'til that!"

We've been unable to confirm this rumour, but then again very few people report of letting the Paragon make an attempt unless they were incapacitated from stopping her, and the Paragon herself has seemed to eschew healing in favor of more...devestating prayers.

We wanted a more intimate look at the Paragon, so we tried to find people in Celestia who were close to her. Unfortunately, her latest husband was unavailable for comment, as were the previous two, but we were able to speak with the man to whom Bhryn'o'vyl was once betrothed and the man next in line for the position of Archmage, Avyn Van'Aetha. Here's what he had to say:

"She's a tough woman. I wouldn't trade places with her for the world, but I respect what she does. She has earned all of Celestia's respect and admiration, most especially mine."

We later learned that Mr. Van'Aetha once tried having the Paragon teach him the art of swordfighting. He turned up in the medical ward of the temple with a black eye and a sword through his foot. Speculation still runs wild on this incident, but Mr. Van'Aetha declined to comment.

Finally, we spoke to the Council of Celestia, but they declined comment stating,
"The Paragon must be upheld as a pillar of virtue, honor, and righteous vengeance among our people." When asked to comment on this statement from the council, one bystander was heard to say, "Well 1 out of 3 isn't bad?"

We also recieved many comments that she seems more human than celestial, but others say she's so celestial it's frightening. It is on this opinion that Celestia seems to be split, and many a debate was sparked from it during our interviews, some citing the time she spends at the local tavern on the prime world of Oerth as well as her taste in men, others citing her merciless hand when it comes to dealing with anyone who would threaten Celestia and it's people, and we do mean anyone.

All in all, though, our reports have found that the people of Celestia generally look up to their Paragon as a woman of strength and valor, and their protector.

That's all for this edition of Pearly Gates News, thanks for reading and gods bless!

((I love ya B ;) ))

MistyThorin

First Post
Torrin's view of Bendicci.

Bendicci, my beautiful Bendicci... auburn hair and dark green eyes, a build as heroic as any of the roles he portrays onstage. A man who appreciates the finer things life has to offer, and why not? It's rare that he is not the best-dressed person in the room. I used to think I dressed well, until I met him. I'm improving, though, I've learned much from him in terms of style and color choices. But I digress.

He is a gentle soul, warm and caring, so very loving. Such a wonderful father, so good with our daughter. I don't think he could hurt anyone, save only in self defense or perhaps in protecting another. And even then, I can so easily picture him calling for healing for the one he hurt, when the fighting ended. It shows in his face, the concern he has for the well-being of others, and in his voice as well. His voice is so expressive and rich, even his most mundane spoken words sound musical. Which shouldn't be such a surprise; he -is- an opera singer after all. And that accent of his, so very alluring...

Ahem. He is a man slow to anger, and even then, it is more of a fierce protectiveness for those he loves, than a mindless rage. I think I've seen him truly angry only twice in all the time I've known him. Both times involved a threat to someone relatively helpless... our daughter once, and a very dear friend the other time. Otherwise he is quick to smile and to make friends. Perhaps he is a little too trusting at times, but I think that might not be such a bad thing. And he has the ability to forgive, and to grant second chances to those who deserve them.

Bendicci. The name means 'blessed one'. But I am the one who is blessed, because he's chosen to be mine.

Characters of Amazingness

It might seem a bit too much, but I am about to cover 7 characters...however they are to give a good synopsis on all of them.

Cherry

Cherry is a nice, beautiful, and flirtatious woman that is very fun to hang out with on a regular basis, whenever she is around. It's hard to figure out what she is thinking and she is always gentle, even in the most awkward or possibly insulting moments. Cherry seems to be a very mysterious person, although open about many things, it can be guessed that there are several things she may be hiding. Though this may be felt by only meeting Cherry for a couple of times.

Lianth

Lianth, Heath's love of his life, making him rethink a lot of decisions that he's been planning. He spends all his time with her, whenever she is about, usually they can be found in the Rotunda together. Lianth is willing to do just about anything for Heath, they even had several epic moments with Heath's supreme power on commanding water. Lianth is a very lovable, incredibly loyal, and one of the nicest people out there. Lianth escaped from her home and made it to the Rotunda, where she met the first person outside of her homeland, Heath. Lianth has a hesitancy to trust others, because of her past, but has recently started to warm up, finding that people are not all as bad as the ones in her past.

Adept Amalie

One of the newer Adepts in the group, Amalie takes her job and duty to heart, as well as her love for Adept Jade and their two adopted children, Cilissa and Tavarius. She is constantly heading off to go to different places under the apprenticeship to Adept Gregory. Amalie needs rest quite often, as her duties leave her well past exhaustion when she returns, but this doesn't stop her from staying up and being there for the ones she cares about. Amalie is a very beautiful, soft, loving, caring, and fantastic person.

Vanyel

Vanyel, too much to say so let's give a summary. Vanyel does not judge others based on their race or ideas of life. Valuing it herself, she puts herself at risk to save others from their own fate, or the fate of others. Turning once evil drow to good people, she has saved a few from horrible fates that even they did not realize they had coming. She is a very caring person that has also the traits of a beautiful princess, besides the rude, snobby, and all the other bad parts. To many, she is a very good looking person, but looks can be deceiving, as can a person's character. Seeming to be a unwavering lover, at one point she did in fact betray her love for another. Being confused, she did not know the consequences of doing it for both sides. She was mistreated and sought to find her own death. Luckily, her former lover by complete chance met up with her and stopped her from that irreversible fate. She and him are now back together, yet the trust must be built again. Vanyel vowed to never make the mistake of leaving the one she loved again, yet this could change depending on various circumstances and scenarios that are bound to be played out, since this is the way for how everything works.

Alagaesia

A mysterious, chance encounter and her curse was finally broken. A curse that could only be broken by finding her one true love. She was cursed at an early age, doomed at night to become something else, much like Fiona in Shrek, voiding the fact that the princess became an ogre. Alagaesia is one of the more beautiful people that man would encounter, but unfortunately for them, she is taken. Comforting Vanyel's first love, she fell in love with him just as Vanyel did. He became tormented when Vanyel came back and decided that there was no way to choose, thus the reason that he has fallen in love with both and found a way to do so successfully. Alagaesia fell in love quite easily, perhaps because of her past and the desire to rid the curse, mayhaps the entire thing was just chance and worked out perfectly. Though a powerful curse could not be fooled by a fake true love, this would be proof enough that she has found the one that she is to be destined with forever.

Kit

A ruthless woman fighter like none other. She and her dragon Pharaoh cruise her homeland, slaughtering to defend her home. Confused on life and what she wants, she seems to attract many, though she is young, being only eighteen. Her attitude towards relationships doesn't seem to really be there, as she is still wondering what she really wants to do in her life. Though many a person has fallen in love with her, her eyes have been locked on one individual for a while, he continues to turn her down, due to his duties. Kit is constantly getting wounded, yet, so are those that are around her. Pharoah, the green dragon, is a ruthless male that doesn't seem to like to share Kit with anyone.

Krystallos

Krystallos. An unbelievable male-hater by unnatural standards, her past has served her the idea that all men are the same, stupid and obstacles waiting to be killed. Just a few days ago, Krystallos finally learned that not all males are necessarily bad. Krystallos met a drow that showed her that males can be quite logical and nice. However it may seem for the first impression of Krystallos, she seems like she could become quite a nice person and she might even gain the ability to love another person once again, as that has diminished from her recent relationship. Free of charge, this drow has offered to take her as an apprentice, to teach her valuable arts in sociality, assassination, fighting techniques, and various other lessons. Whether she accepts or not, Krystallos' first lesson about men was only a taste of what she would get, if she joins the drow in an apprenticeship. Her appearance is hard to judge, as she is almost always covering herself up. One may guess that she is already a formidable enemy, as she carries two swords, one on each of her hips.

Thank you and consider RPing with all of these people/players. They are all quite amazing in their own separate ways, yet I would list more and describe more endlessly, however difficult that may be and time consuming as well, I wish that not many are excluded from this board, as none of us deserve it. Except for maybe Itzquahpilli for leaving the site temporarily...*guts the player with a sharp carrot* Oh well, we all need breaks, some more than others, and I was just kiddin' Itz! Don't hurt me! *cowers*
Thanks,
John

Last edited:

Rain Cloud

First Post
Who Could It Be???

Not many words can describe this person for there are so many out there that could not do him justice. Bravery is outstanding even when staring down the mouth of an enraged dragon he would not falter. His words are quicker then the most silver tongued cat could hope to possess in its nine life lived existence. Perhaps at times the grasp of the Common language seems to escape his lips and mind but even then it could be suspected to have been done on purpose.

Beginning here, we start that he despises some people's comments against his friends but angered quicker when verbally assaulting his, small impairments. Against his better judgment even, this being would eagerly stand up to those bigger then himself if it meant standing up for his rights. Rightfully so though for this man has faced a sorrowful past until recently when he left that sad life behind and became a man of his own duties and vows. Intelligence is something large he possesses which makes well up for his disachievements.

Friendly and loving is words that spring to tongue and mind at his persona though some know of the darker side that would hiss and spit its anger and aggression at a moments notice; sending all hairs on end. Names are never his specialty and he tends to make up his own for those he speaks to...some love them and some spite them but all the same in the end he would never stop doing it.

Though riddled with a dark past he still comes out on top and looks forward to the future and avoids dwelling on the past. He who is quick of a broken heart, he who is quick to mend...he who is only but himself in the end. Never controlling, never to demanding unless it is something of leaving him out of the loop with those he likes. This person hates being left out and will scream his voice if only to be heard.

Boisterous, flamboyant, and loud also describe him and here i shall leave my tale of this mystery man and let ye all try and guess whome we speak of....

Last edited:

Bhryn

First Post
John a.k.a Sir D said:
Except for maybe Itzquahpilli for leaving the site temporarily...*guts the player with a sharp carrot*

LOL, what a way to use and abuse vegetables! XD I won't ask what happens with broccoli! (I might never sleep again!) :p

Incara

First Post
My Jack Ketch

I wonder if you know my husband, Jack Ketch. Chances are you don’t. He can be a terribly quiet man. Well, elf. And it’s strange, because when you look at him, from the toes of his black leather boots to the tips of his pointed and pierced ears, from his cat-like grace and easy smile, he’s a man that is easily noticed. You catch those beautiful emerald green eyes and you see that lazy, pleasant smile that’s just touched with the most tantalizing hint of devilry and you’re just caught.

I said before that he can be a quiet man. That’s half the truth, really. Get to know him and he'll chat with you quite freely. You'll learn that he loves his little girl and horses and chocolates and, if I haven't exasperated him too much that day, me. And that conversation will lead into all sorts of things and you'll be happy you took the time to talk to him.

And from the way he talks, if you're really observant and you spot these sorts of things, you might catch on that he’s a man who loves literature and perhaps as a young boy, that subject overshadowed all of the others in his schooling. He obviously wasn’t interested in political philosophy, but that’s another part of his personality. If he had been, intimate knowledge of political philosophy would have been deadly when combined his charm and the understated elegance of his choice of words.

All of this is not to say that he has his head up in the clouds and his nose in a book (though lately, most of the books have been children’s books that he reads to our daughter, who is only a year old and would be content just to be babbled at, and you might say he’s got his head up in the clouds believing that she takes any enjoyment from the story itself). My husband is a surprisingly practical man. It’s the sort of practicality that a person develops through relying on himself all his life. His solutions are always the quickest ones, though not necessarily the easiest or most diplomatic. He will solve problems with his blade if he thinks it absolutely necessary, though he is not really a violent man. He just sees the straightest line between two points and if it keeps the people he loves safe, he’s more than willing to consider it.

He’s a strong man, my husband. He doesn’t back down when he knows he’s right. He doesn’t even back down when he’s afraid. He holds his ground. This also means that he can be awfully bull-headed about some things, but as time has gone on, I’ve learned to like that about him. It didn’t even take very long to learn to like that about him. He always has good reasons to be stubborn, though he himself often thinks they’re terrible reasons and I have to reassure him that he has nothing to be ashamed about.

I realize that I’ve been babbling on for a while now about him and I don’t even feel like I’ve said all that could be said about him. I don’t even feel like I’ve painted an extremely accurate portrait of him. Words just aren’t good enough to describe him. You have to meet him to understand. And believe me, it’s worth it.

Remove ads