Describe a character!

Bari

First Post
The idea is, write some sort of essay, about a character you have played with. You know, like if you were talking to someone else about a friend (or enemy!) of yours.
There are two simple rules:

A: You must write about a character that you DON'T play. Someone else's char.
B: You are not to ask the char's player, or use the words of the description, unless you are quoting them. It must be based in your own playing experience with him/her/it.

This could be a bit of fun for everybody, and help newbies like me to see in what we missed when developing our char's personality :D.
And, since I'm the one who started the thread, the proper thing would me to start the "game".

NOTE: The idea is to write about personality traits, not physical descriptions.
There can be multiple essays of one single char, as long as they come from different people and do not turn the whole thread to be based on that single char. So I don't want to see, fifty essays about Bhryn!

Zeliphia

Zeliphia is the classical girly girl. Not only tall and lithe, but she shows the three traits that every memorable female in fantasy possess: Cheers most of the time, deep guilt when does something wrong, big ego and a bigger temper.

She loves nature, trees, flowers, grass... don't think she loves the dog poo that usually goes with them, through. Not surprising she's a gardener, but surprising that, having to get them inside the dirt all the time, she has those so called "little lithe hands". Also surprising, that the arms attached to them can pick up an unwary halfling and crush it to a helpless (and oxigen-less) puddle of a hairfoot.

Zel is also awfully romantic, clasping her hands together and blinking dreamily whenever she speaks of her "luvie-wuvie", and if it was for her, she would probably spend all day in bed thinking of him (while doing some better-left-censored things in the middle, because she has to get the basements for those dreams from somewhere.) She's also fond of recieving compliments whenever she has the chance, no matter from who, and apparently freely gives her trust to whoever is unlucky enough to cross her rose-laden path.

On the other hand, she's soon deflated when something pinches her pink balloon, and you must watch your choice of words when talking to her... it can lead you to a reddened face, and most probably not red as in a embarrassed blush. And again we quote her hands, because, one thing is being hit by a big beach ball, and another is being hit repeatedly by little round bullets.
Girly girl enough, however, she's quick to forgive.

------
I know, thankfully, I'm not a writer.

Last edited:

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Ohhh I'm sure it will be. But some characters aren't friendly to describe? I'm a nice person, dont fret. I have met some awefully interesting characters though!

Akea

First Post
Aww's...

With or without permission - Bari, that is SO sweet. ^_^ Zel is very much like so, with her neat little history that you just might find out one day.

Allow me to return the favor!

Bari

Oh boy, where to start. This lovable lump of halfling is blunt, loud, and so incredibly adorable with his *cough*Cat-man*cough* 'unique' features. Whatever you do, though, do not call him short. He is tall for a halfling from far away, and refuses to be belittled by 'siziest tall folk' with their dry humor and mockery. He is a passionate lover, however. His heart belongs solely to a single being at a time, and is a fierce, fierce friend. His trust is easy enough to earn from first glance if you aren't some spikey, drooling monstrosity with a limited vocabularly. In fact, he is working on developing complete and full Common skills. But, if he finds any reason not to trust you, you can rest assured that he will definitely not trust you - no matter what. Bari is the type to stand in front of harm before his friends, friend's friends, or his friend's friend's friends. He wishes safety upon those he cares for and is willing enough to fight for it. His hugs and methods of greeting alone tell you how much he cares. There is still a spark of temper in him that can grow into a flame that not many (even those with taller statures :p) would want to be before.

All those warnings aside, though, Bari carries a full and warm sense of humor with a competitive drive to top it all off. You'll find him often flailing his hands in some erratic manner trying to think of a come-back to a random patron in the tavern for saying something witty. Though, there is a big smile always brilliantly shining upon his handsome features. Overall, Zel's player has gotten the impression that he seeks to make sure the misfortunes of a mysterious past do not befall upon the ones he loves - even if it means self-sacrifice.

Sounds like fun. When writting the essay, are we to be writting it from a player perspective or a character one? Perhaps a character perspective would be more appropriate and fun.

...seriously, can see Tyrian writting pages on the idiots that walkthrough that tavern.

...err, did I say idiots? *bats down the evil old Tyrian from his lower subconscious*

Elf_Ariel

First Post
The 'Friendly' non-comprensive guide to Nicholaus Dennoncourt:

In one word, charming. He plays old, looks young and has a maturity level that's on a bit of a rollercoaster. But that's okay, he plays the innocent darling more than he plays the cunning sometime villian that he -secretly- still is. Staring into those gorgeous eyes of his one has to laugh at the contrasts...so very noble and kind and sweet and friendly and defensive of all his friends, and yet, there's a predator in there too, just watching, waiting to strike when you're back is turned. But dont worry, he only bites! Some would say he's tough, though he doesn't often look it, that aspect of him is found in the way he behaves and how he holds himself, self-assured but never quite to the point of being up himself. Somewhere in this divine package there's a rich sense of humour, and a wonderfully rich taste in women to match. Perhaps the two go hand in hand. It's hard to tell, since Nich is not one to often express himself to the masses. Instead he has his close knit group. Mind you, he's not afraid of new and interesting company, just a tad busy to find the time to branch out and experience all that new faces have to offer. A tad busy might not be accurrate enough, he's "The Man!" He's not the kind of person to go getting in a corner with him, strange things occurr when he's around, especially when his temper gets out of hand. That's when running is most liably the best option. Alternatively, seduction might work just as well, but that's pushing the luck a bit! He's great for a gander, good for a laugh and perfect for some personal therapy to sort out whatever problems. That's a lot to do with the genius that's locked away behind those pretty eyes and daring smile, as well as the volumes of experience that seem to shine through in practically eveything he puts his mind to.

Afternote: By the look of his...uhm...legs...he's a dancer from way back!
:uhoh: Who said that?!

Bhryn

First Post
How to Spot Dragona Nightsky a Mile Away

Dragona Nightsky is an elf that can't make her mind up if she's five and bit feet or five and eight inches. Whatever she chooses to be, she never sheds morsels of green. If she can wear the colour, she will. We have come to believe that it's genetically engraved into her. Her hair is black, or depending on her mood, peppered with silver, or at worst, grey. Never silver. Never.

Dragona loves to eat. Sure, she's a dragon, what do you expect? But the perennial 'does this shirt make me look fat?' question only has one honest answer and that'll earn you a draconic sized slap-across-the-face. She's fun, she's open, she's a kleptomania with a hoard the size of the anauroch (okay, we kid, but she has a lot of gold - don't let her swindle you into buying her drinks!).

Dragona somehow tricked Gell into marrying her. It's common belief that she simply suggested she look at his hoard and the one day moved in. There was a naked wedding. The stiff breeze was amusing for all, apart from the poor flustered husband to be (cough, victim).

Dragona loves whiskey, table dancing and can't get over saying; "What?!" as if she hasn't ever had enough surprises in her life. Of course, if she dies of a heart attack, this will be of course called murder. Honest murder. Probably from shock. Her last words would have to be, "WHAT?!"

Rajak loves to pinch Dragona's backside - there's so much of it that's it's hard not to really.

Dragona has four children. We at least must assume they are hers and she hasnt simply kidnapped them from somewhere and called them her own. You never know with these thief types...

She's outgoing, sincere (as a thief can get) and always there when you need her... especially if you have a pouch of gold hanging somewhere on you...

----------

DON'T HIT ME DRAGONA!!! lol :p

Bari

First Post
Tyrian_Spellstealer said:
Sounds like fun. When writting the essay, are we to be writting it from a player perspective or a character one? Perhaps a character perspective would be more appropriate and fun.

Your choice!

On an unrelated note, Ariel, maybe you came out with the permission thing because I expressed myself wrongly... what I meant with not asking the player was, not asking them things like "hey, what is <character> like?".

Last edited:

Expedite

First Post
You mean you ain't met Wes Chandler yet?

Well, I guess I don't entirely blame ya, darlin'. He's a hard man ta get close to in more ways than one. Hm? Well, for starters...he's got a perpetual forcefield circlin' him of between one and five women at any given point in time. Like a sort of miniature, mildly insane solar system of which he's the central point of orbit. It's a problem most men I know would -dream- of havin', but then...most men I know, when envisionin' such a "harem"...would probably not fill it up with a crew that's quite so brassy, stubborn, frustratin', opinionated and all-in-all scary. And there would probably be more *hrm* hanky panky involved. Whereas our boy Wes would probably much rather be left alone with his vodka and his schemes. Best laid plans of mice and men...

But if you can share a drink or two with the man, ya might see why he seems ta draw in people of all sorts, shapes and sizes. There's somethin' in that million dollar smile that that tall drink of water can turn on that can make ya forget how little he's told ya about himself and how much you've already revealed. And maybe if you let yourself get caught up in conversation with him, you'll learn that he loves the old Tombstone movie with Val Kilmer almost as much as he loves showin' off his cookin' skills. That he doesn't like snakes cuz he's a sissy and that he won't drink sweetened tea. Because he has absolutely no taste. *hrm* You'll learn a lot of things, maybe Or you'll think you have. Truth is, though, sometimes I think not even Wes knows everythin' there is to know about Wes. There's somethin' behind those green eyes that he ain't tellin', and if you get too close, he'll slam the door in your face with a smile.

If you're lucky, he'll leave a window open.

Find enough of those windows and you might get a peek at an intelligent, flippant, loyal, dangerous, stupid, daring man who'd give ya the shirt off his back even if he's busy pullin' the wool over your eyes. And ya'd be hard pressed ta meet one better. He's a liar and a cheat and a song and dance man of the first degree.

And one hell of a daisy.

Remove ads