Describe your homebrew in one sentence.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Northern Crown sounds really good, and I'm definitely going to be picking it up, but it sounds more like Daniel Webster than Last of the Mohicans, which is more of what I'm interested in. Maybe people talking about it have just focused on the Salem Witch Trials flavor and it could run the other stuff, too.

Witch and Natural Philosopher were two 'new' classes added to the Setting (Also the Witch nation was pretty much antagonistic to most others and thus probably why it gets the press. )

However the source material had a great write up on Iroquois culture and the Iroquois Nation which should meet yor Last of the Mohicans pechant

Chacal

First Post
Cool thread Idea !

Two ways to describe my current campaign :

"Depending on the Pcs, the world will be: stripped of most of its magic, a playfield for Gruumsh, only populated by undeads at the command of the oldest Wizard of the world, a huge hunting field for evil Dragons, infused with outsiders high magic, under the absolute rule of an extremist lawful good god, or simply destroyed ."

"After centuries of relative stability and isolation of the world brought by magic from an ancient forgotten alliance, the astral seal has weakened enough for the threat of global warfare to reappear as the magic and plane permeability are dangerously shaking under the assaults of several powerful beings obsessed with control, either natives (fathers of dragons, oldest lich...) or outsiders (gods, demons...) . "

Of course these descriptions are reflecting the fact that we're close to the end of the campaigns. Several groups of Pcs are involved (some are 10 years old). I still have no Idea of the outcome :D

Chacal

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
One sentence descriptions:
Setting:10000 years after the introduction of magic into a universe of super-science, heroes perform acts of might and wonder against the forces of destruction.

Campaign: Everything you thought you knew about the world is wrong.

The world is strongly inspired by two things:
1) Jack Chalker's Well World
2) Clarke's Law

Cor Azer

First Post
I run a couple campaigns...

The Coming Night - Ordinary folks rising up to the challenge to meet an ever-looming evil that threatens to engulf the world. (Ie... pretty standard fair).

The Legend of Aerilis - Uh... I can't really give it one. I guess it's pretty standard fair now (heroes going on various adventures), and I have numerous plots going on in the background, but it hardly started that way. Literally, I began with the campaign title (sounded cool to me) and the name of the kingdom the party started in. Nothing else was fleshed out, and it pretty much all came from the backgrounds and goals of the characters.

Estlor

Explorer
I'm working on a homebrew right now. The original idea was, "Can I do a setting without using the core base classes?" Once I started explaining why the base classes I used existed, it turned into "Final Fantasy Tactics meets Shining Force meets Castlevania without any core classes."

It's grown since then. I can't really do it justice in one line, but war and the this versus that ideas are strong in the setting. Heretics versus true believers. Alchemy (arcane magic) versus Mysticism (divine magic). Angels versus Lucavi. Magic versus Technology. The classes I'm using are Cognate (modified Aksheic from AU), Fighter, Hexblade, Marshall, Mystic (from DL), Rogue, Scout, Swashbuckler, Templar (Sohei without the OA flavor), and Warlock. That's supplemented by the Midnight feat-based spellcasting rules. As you can guess, it's low magic and undead are really powerful because Turn Undead is a rare ability.

Eosin the Red

First Post
Allegory.

One sentence. Works for me. :p

Ok, here is a real attempt. The setting is similar in ways to Wheel of Time, A Sword of Ice & Fire, and Aurthurian legends all mixed togeter with religious symbolism, super-natural and natural evils all standing on the cusp of a new age.

Last edited:

Mark Causey

Explorer
Estlor said:
I'm working on a homebrew right now. The original idea was, "Can I do a setting without using the core base classes?" Once I started explaining why the base classes I used existed, it turned into "Final Fantasy Tactics meets Shining Force meets Castlevania without any core classes."

It's grown since then. I can't really do it justice in one line, but war and the this versus that ideas are strong in the setting. Heretics versus true believers. Alchemy (arcane magic) versus Mysticism (divine magic). Angels versus Lucavi. Magic versus Technology. The classes I'm using are Cognate (modified Aksheic from AU), Fighter, Hexblade, Marshall, Mystic (from DL), Rogue, Scout, Swashbuckler, Templar (Sohei without the OA flavor), and Warlock. That's supplemented by the Midnight feat-based spellcasting rules. As you can guess, it's low magic and undead are really powerful because Turn Undead is a rare ability.

Where can I find more information?

Toras

First Post
The campaign I am currently running is COC/Supers. Add a little Earthdawn/Mage to season, and serve in alternative history. One sentence to describe the flavor would be.

-"Superman torn apart in the Market place by invisible beasts."

A good summary however is

Imagine the world where Novas (Abberant) possess god-like powers, Magic is returning to the world, along with the mythical elements, and all of them together may not save you from those who lurk beyond.

Remove ads