Describe your homebrew in one sentence.

reanjr

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
That's similar to what I had in mind for a setting that went nowhere; kind of extrapolate what a fantasy/mythological (as opposed to alt.history) version of the New World would have been like if the Scandinavians had been able to advance and hold onto their settlements on the East Coast, and the interactions they subsequently would have had with the native American peoples.

By fantasy/mythological as opposed to alt.history, I'm saying I'd toss out actual ethnic groupings and geography. This would be the equivalent of a Viking/Skraeling new world in the same sense that Rokugan is equivalent to Japan.

That sounds like a really cool idea. You should have have made it go somewhere. :)

Jason Anderson

First Post
Modern day campaign -

"Powerful groups all vie for magical power in Ireland as unhappy Sidhe work to regain their home and disolve the treaty that gave Ireland to the humans."

(The PCs are human, and charged with enforcing the treaty between human and sidhe).

Sejs

First Post
It's ... sort of a homebrew. Kinda-sorta. It's based in the Forgotten Realms, but I've taken a machette to alot of the overgrowth. Anyway, to sum up the campaign in a sentance?

"A man, a plan, a canal: Vilhon Reach"

Turanil

First Post
bladesong said:
<...> the gnomes and halflings were wiped out in just a few days <...>
THAT'S a cool setting!!! :D (at least a setting without gnomes and halflings!)

One of my next semi-homebrew settings:

-- The world of Warhammer with low magic d20 rules (Grim Tales), and no gnomes or halflings!

PhoenixDarkDirk

First Post
I have a setting concept I intend to run once I get all the details put together and find a group.

The setting is dominated by a star-spanning nation called the Republic of Geltrab where all of the material I can mine from any source I find is jumbled together (viable character example: a half-illithid goron starfighter pilot with a lightsaber, a zatn'kitel, and loads of spellware), and there is NO place for alignment in the rules.

Remove ads