Describe your homebrew in one sentence.

glass

(he, him)
My homebrew, Vancia, currently on something of a hiatus:

Humans and elves jointly rule a continent spanning empire, founded after they cooperated to develop wizardry allowing anyone to use magic, rather than just those who had been born sorcerers.

EDIT: Well, actually, Vancia is just the empire: the world is called Pelhorin, but the rest of the world is kinda hazy at the moment, and Vancia is the cool bit.

glass.

An evil Empire with a technological advantage over everyone else has taken over the entire continent--except for the elves who stopped their march dead in their tracks.

abri

Mad Scientist
One sentence, pretty easy actually:
After centuries of wars between the gods of war, a powerfull entity from another plane forced peace.
That's my warsinger setting.
Kind of depressing that a 70+ page text can be summarized in one sentence...

der_kluge

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
You are really, really going to want to pick up Northern Crown: New World Adventure (or something like that) when it's published later this year by Atlas Games. It's by our own Dougmander, it's a lot like you describe, and it absolutely kicks ass.

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely have to look into that.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Formerly: A mundane world of humans, reeling from the return of magic, demihumans and humanoid hordes, stuggles to reclaim the territory that it has lost, while expirenmenting with the new force of magic.

Currently: (the campaign not the world) Dragons rule the skies and surface of the islands while halfling subraces live in underground cities (ie dungeons) and humans and others arrive from across the world seeking to gain the title Dragonslayer.

Bladesong

Explorer
Currently: The world still remembers the day the sun went dark and hordes of the dark races swarmed upon the face of the earth destroying everything in their path; the gnomes and halflings were wiped out in just a few days, the elves were enslaved, the dwarves have sealed themselves in their mountain home and mankind is allowed to exist (as long as they remember their "place" in the new society).

The heroes are trying to assemble an artifact to restore the light of the sun.

Soon: Mankind has been a slave race for centuries with the goblinoid races in charge and it is time for thm to throw down their chains and fight.

Virel

First Post
Japan Campagin: Who wants to be Shogun?

I'll go with a homebrew I did back in 1981 before any of the OA materials were published.

Japan Campagin: Who wants to be Shogun?

Based on James Calvell's Shogun book and the TV movie. The players were involved in crafting our Japan and we had our own Honor system etc. Several things were renamed for flavor but the basic classes were used as written. The proper Japanese honorific was required when addressing superiors etc. The campaign was designed from the start to be an allanice making and breaking, back stabbing ordeal and it was. The winner ended up as Shogun.

We were much happier with our home brew Oriental Campaign that Cook's sorry 1st ed book Oriental Adventures. The 3e OA book is better the 1st but I still snicker at all the crunch prestige classes and stuff, because it's very easy to run an OA game without any of that filler.

carpedavid

First Post
I'm running two, currently.

The Green Lands: A pseudo-celtic land where there's a little bit of magic in everyone, the fey aren't to be trusted, and you never, ever, want to make a tree mad.

Land of the Crane: Psionic ghasts, ghostly samurai, half-oni ninja, tainted sorceresses, and a hell of a lot of monks.

Gulla

Adventurer
My world (before the players 'fix' it):

Generic D&D set geographically on Earth (Europe) where the Good vs Evil fight has been changed to a Law vs Chaos fight by unknown forces' manipulation of the world-defining artifacts.

And my players are among the very few who remember "the way it should be" and are currently trying very hard to turn the conflict back to what it was before :D

Håkon

Remove ads