Destiny of the Valenar (Calling Tyrlaan!)

tyrlaan

Explorer
ShaggySpellsword said:
Yes on meeting Bladebearer of the Valenar prereqs.
Cool. Not sure if I'll take it, but good to know :)

ShaggySpellsword said:
I would like for you to go ahead and post a character with those stats before I give you your revised stats: I am kind of going for having the odd "sub-optimal" ability score show up after the fact. I find it adds to the FUN!
Okay, will do.

tyrlaan

Explorer
um...er...the double scimitar costs 125gp. That would be all my starting money. But it's the favored weapon of the Keepers of the Past...

Willing to give me any leeway?

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Answer: A new rule that applies to EVERYONE!

Weapon proficiencies as class features will work as normal. Martial Weapon Proficiency FEATS work differently in this game. If you take Martial Weapon Proficiency you get a weapon group as detailed in UA. Ex. You no longer get Martial Weapon Prof: Longsword as a single feat, you now get Martial Weapon Prof: Long Blades. Weapon Focus, Specialization, and Improved Crit (and other weapon-specific feats) work for all weapons in a group with which you are proficient. Exotic Weapon Proficiency feats still only grant a single exotic weapon.

New Weapon Group Proficiency: Valenar Blades: Double Scimitar, Scimitar, Kukri, and Falchion. Special: Only available to Elves of the Valenar region.

War domain for Keepers of the Past: Grants Martial Weapon Group Proficiency (Valenar Blades) and Weapon Focus (Valenar Blades).

This means: If you can't start with a double scimitar due to a lack of funds, start with two scimitars, a scimitar and shield, a falchion, a scimitar and a kukri, or whatever, and get the double scimitar later.

Also, taking Martial Weapon Group as a feat isn't distinctly inferior to an exotic weapon feat.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Stats for Nialan Valera [SBLOCK]Str 14, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 15 (before racial modifiers)[/SBLOCK]

Midnight tomorrow is the deadline. I would love a couple more submissions, though these are great! Who knows, maybe I'll run two units!

tyrlaan

Explorer
ShaggySpellsword said:
Stats for Nialan Valera [SBLOCK]Str 14, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 15 (before racial modifiers)[/SBLOCK]

Midnight tomorrow is the deadline. I would love a couple more submissions, though these are great! Who knows, maybe I'll run two units!
Okay, those are scary. Only ONE stat is different!

Remove ads