• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Detchitoyo HS Q.1 Continued

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Usagi, sword bunny.

She nodded to Damien and started to look around for alternative way on the roof.

"You are more knowledgeable about this than me Damien-san. I will try to find anther way ... since it shattered my bokken as if it were of glass."

OOC: Searching for window/ place from wich could roof be accesed without crossing walls or magical shield.

Zack2216

First Post
Lugh: The shield does prevent the passage of living things. The casters on the other side prove easy to read because of their concentration elsewhere. It would appear that they are all freshmen and sophmore, assigned to this by the High Mages Guild. Their plan is like this-
A. Create a storm (used to distract, aswell as collect the needed water)
B. Collect water in a sphere large enough to wash out every floor in the building
C. Pump the water through the top most floors through the tower and into the rest of the building
D. Teleport away and celebrate

OOC: note to self, group A= J.K., Usagi, and Damien. group b= Thomas, Lugh, Tetsuya (and Kryptonite? can't remember if she followed, not sure if she came to the party)

Also, objects without vitals don't take extra damage from crits, unless your weapon (or the special attack) was specifically designed for it. (sorry for the late ruling :p)

edit: Just looked through the thread, and no update from Gnomeworks (Kryptnonite). That was why I didn't remember seeing a post from him...

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - What precisely does the barrier look like ? Is it a hemisphere over the group of casters and then coming down on all sides of them or is it a circle around them thats open at the top ?

IC -
Lugh takes advantage of the caster distraction and attempts to discretely take control of his mind, without giving away his presence, and lets the caster continue his current actions if he succeeds.

"It would seem this is merely a plot to avenge themselves on the karate club for the their defeat. They intend to flood the house with the water. So who shoul dwe assist, if either ? "

OOC - Power Usage (Mind Control) 6 + 4 (Wis) + 1 (Rank Bonus)= +11 , Mind Control Rank I

Festy_Dog

First Post
"We have the opportunity to take their 'prank' as it were to the next level. I could turn it into a huge globe of ice and in all likelihood demolish a respectable portion of the building. Or then again, I could go a couple of floors down and freeze the entire level of the building as the water reached that floor, turning the floors above it into a bucket of sorts. Thus spoiling their prank and isolating damage to the upper floors," Thomas explains at length, "Or we could leave and simply not involve ourselves.

Last edited:

Imerak

First Post
Tetsuya nods as Lugh explains his findings, though he is a bit confused. "So, it's just some prank?" he asks, a bit disappointed. For a minute, I thought we had found who was responsible for that attack on the first day... unless that one was just a prank as well... maybe we're taking this all too seriously... Tetsuya shakes his head, smiling a bit. Nevertheless, it was kind of a nasty thing to do...

Kalanyr

Explorer
"Considering that we have left people important to us on the lower floors I believe its probably in our best interest to stop this. Do you think you could freeze the most of the water as soon as its on the roof so that the excess just rolls off the side, if it becomes necessary ? I think I'm going to try and disrupt their little circle. Also try not to move far right now please, I'll try and conceal our presence. "

Lugh first uses an illusion to conceal the group he's with and
then instructs the one he has mind controlled to stop what he's doing and use his most incapacitating ability on whoever the leader of the group is.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Important people?

Thomas runs a list of people he recognised through his head. He fails to find anyone.

...meh. The elf has chosen a side for us then. Then again, those of us not here in the elevator would probably have had the intention of intervening. Pointless for me to oppose them I guess.

"A plug of ice. A commendable suggestion," Thomas replies, and the air inside the elevator cools slightly.

Lichtenhart

First Post
J.K. realizes Usagi can't step forward, or surely she would have. Also, he doesn't like being ignored. So he joins the circle and, way more gently than his insticts would suggest, he grabs with a paw the nearest robed mage, lifts him a couple feet from the ground and asks him with an oddly mellow voice, since he doesn't look any less ferocious: "I said: what's happening here?"

Zack2216

First Post
Group A is also blocked by force field, and is unable to enter the circle.

Lugh: The student, in a dazed and zombie like state, forms a ball of energy in his right hand that grows to completely surround it. Running towards one of the students, he punches the student, the energy releases in a great flash of light. Blinding and binding the student, he falls to the ground unable to move or speak, wrapped in bands of light that cover his mouth, aswell as the rest of his body (hold monster, +blind effect).

The shield shimmers, the direction of the energies interrupted. It becomes eratic, flashing on and off. It looks like you can jump through, but it could be risky.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads